Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Cable Matters HDMI to VGA Adapter in Black” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 64% off the $21.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cable Matters HDMI to VGA Adapter in Black
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25—or get FREE Two-Day Shipping with|
|You Save:||$12.00 (55%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PORTABLE ADAPTER connects a computer, laptop, or other device with HDMI to a monitor or projector with a VGA port; A VGA cable (sold separately) is required to connect from the adapter to a monitor or projector; Carry this lightweight adapter in your laptop bag for a business presentation from your computer or use it on the desktop to extend your screen to a monitor
- USB POWERED ACTIVE ADAPTER has built-in IC chip to improve compatibility between equipment and displays; USB power boosts the signal from computers with low power HDMI ports such as the MacBook Pro with Retina Display or Raspberry Pi
- LEGACY COMPANION for an older 4:3 aspect projector or TV with VGA; Connect to existing monitors or projectors with VGA input from the latest computers or desktop barebones; Audio is not supported over the VGA cable, it must be transmitted separately
- FULL HD VIDEO SUPPORT for resolutions up to 1920x1080 including 720p, 1600x1200 for compatibility with most VGA displays; Gold-plated connectors improve the signal performance, molded strain relief provides durability and the 4 inch cable tail reduces stain on the HDMI port of your computer
- HDMI TO VGA COMPATIBLE for connecting a computer, Kano Computer Kit, Raspberry Pi Kit, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U or other device to a monitor or projector; Devices such as DVD or Blu-Ray players that require HDCP for viewing copyrighted content are not supported by this HDMI to VGA adapter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
|HDMI to VGA||Mini HDMI to VGA||Micro HDMI to VGA||HDMI to VGA with Audio||Mini HDMI to VGA with Audio||Micro HDMI to VGA with Audio|
|Plug Type||HDMI||Mini HDMI||Micro HDMI||HDMI||Mini HDMI||Micro HDMI|
|Max Resolution||1080P @ 60Hz||1080P @ 60Hz||1080P @ 60Hz||1080P @ 60Hz||1080P @ 60Hz||1080P @ 60Hz|
|Color||Black / White||Black||Black / White||Black||Black||Black|
|Operating System||All OS||All OS||All OS||All OS||All OS||All OS|
|Optional USB Power Port||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Classroom or Conference Room
Connect to a projector in a hotel.
Use with a classroom projector.
Compatible with an older displays with VGA.
Laptop Video Connection
Continue to use legacy displays with VGA input.
Connect a newer laptop with HDMI to a VGA monitor or projector.
Micro-USB Power Port
- Integrated USB power port.
- Boosts the video signal.
- Increases compatibility.
Compare to similar items
This item Cable Matters HDMI to VGA Adapter in Black
VicTsing Gold-Plated HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter for PC, Laptop, DVD, Desktop and other HDMI Input Devices - Black (VS1-VC38BVT-VD)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cable Matters||VicTsingDirect||GOBEST||Cable Matters||Amazon.com||Cable Matters|
|Item Dimensions||6.34 x 9.17 x 0.75 in||3.1 x 5.4 x 0.6 in||2 x 2 x 2 in||5 x 5.8 x 0.5 in||1.57 x 36 x 0.63 in||5.7 x 7.4 x 0.7 in|
Legacy VGA Display Companion
The Cable Matters Active HDMI to VGA Adapter is the ideal solution for connecting a computer or other HDMI source to a display with full HD video.
Superior Construction in a Lightweight Adapter
The combination of gold-plated connectors with optional USB power in a lightweight package provides a portable adapter that is easy to carry.
- NO HDCP SUPPORT - Viewing copy protected video from devices such as a Blu-ray player is not supported
- NO AUDIO SUPPORT - Audio must be transmitted separately
- NOT BI-DIRECTIONAL - Adapter only operates from HDMI source to VGA
Seller Warranty DescriptionLimited One-Year Warranty and Lifetime Product Support
Top Customer Reviews
I haven't used it heavily yet, but I tested it out and it worked fine.
This cable was significantly cheaper than any of the others comps that I found online so I am very happy so far.
Be aware you may have to add a custom resolution in your display settings, I found that my laptop only wanted to do 16:9 resolutions and I had to add 800x600 and 640x480 and to make sure they were at 60hz.
Had such a great experience, I bought from Cable Matters a USB to Ethernet adapter too when I realized that my new machine didn't have an Ethernet port either. (Duh x 2) It is small so it travels well so it's good for road warrior consultants like me. and also works like a champ.
The only issue is Audio. HDMI sends audio with the video signal, but VGA does not. This created a minor issue, as the Chromebook thought audio was playing over HDMI - obviously it wasn't. This adaptor does not have an audio out, but that was not an issue. We just set the Chromebook audio out to be a set of Bluetooth speakers and we were in business - big projected picture and great sound. Awesome way to watch a movie.
BTW: While I mention Chromebook above, I did the same setup from a Windows Laptop and it had the same issue with audio, and the same solution. So the behavior is the same on notebooks other than the Chromebook I talk about above. The only difference, the Chromebook had enough power via HDMI to power the adaptor - the Windows laptop did not. On Windows, I plugged the included micro-USB cable in to give it more power. The adaptor came with the USB cable for this issue, nice touch.
Quality: good. Movie quality looked very good. When displaying static content, like excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentations the low resolution of the VGA projector was more visible but the quality was still fine - crisp, sharp and vivid colors. All good.