Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2015
I have only had this cable for a few days, so I cannot attest to its longevity, although I had no problems using it to connect my Surface Book (via the new Surface Dock) to an HP EliteDisplay E241i at 1920x1200. I have not tried using it for 4k output, as I am not yet on that bandwagon due to the lack of truly universal DPI scaling, even in Windows 10. I will say though that Win 10 does do a MUCH better job than previous versions when it comes to maintaining scaling on a per-display basis in multi-monitor situations where HiDPI and normal DPI displays coexist. Quick tip for Surface Book/Pro users using the docking station to connect to a monitor using 1:1 scaling: if some elements are still scaling up on the additional screen, simply log off/on, and this should correct the problem on the additional screen. Alternatively, hook up to the docking station before waking from sleep or signing on. I personally like to set the external as my main display, tweak the power settings so that the SB does nothing when the lid is closed, and then set it aside (lid closed), resulting in a traditional desktop-like setup. Throw in my Logitec MK270 keyboard/mouse combo (which also work flawlessly in this configuration) for around $20, and I can be every bit as productive sitting in my bedroom as I am at the office.
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 25, 2015
As I type this, I am using two of these cables to connect my MacBook Pro Retina (15", Late 2013) to a pair of Samsung U28D590D monitors. Both displays are running at full 2160p resolution (3840 x 2160) at a full 60 Hz. Absolutely LOVE this cable!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 10, 2013
Hooked up my U2317HM and couldn't get it to work at highest res with any of the other hdmi, dvi, vga cables I had.
Read another review and 2 days later it arrived and 3 minutes later I was at 2560x1440
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
on April 19, 2013
I bought a late 2012 Mac Mini with an Intel i7 processor and then installed a SSD to speed it up even more. So, all that was left was to get a display running at 2560 x 1440. I decided on the Samsung 27" LED S27B970B monitor capable of this resolution. Once setup I realized that HDMI would not give me the resolution I was looking for. I learned that I needed to use the Thunderbolt connection on the Mac and the Displayport connection on the Samsung monitor. Well, Thunderbolt is essentially a mini Displayport; this cable turned out to be the perfect solution - mini Displayport to Displayport. I am typing this review while enjoying my new 2560 x 1440 resolution. Don't settle for some other type of solution (I'm told perhaps a DVI-D would work, but why use an adapter and cable when you can just use a cable) - this is perfect and CHEAP! Time will tell if the cable holds up, but I suspect I will not have any issues. If I do, I will update this review.
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
on March 20, 2014
Started our fine, but signal failed after about 6 weeks and maybe a couple of dozen uses.

I had this connected to an external monitor, and would connect my work laptop or home macbook when I needed a dual monitor setup. At first, I thought the connector wasn't fully engaged in the Mini DP port on the laptop/Mac, but then it just quit linking to the monitor. I tried it on another monitor...same issue. I ended up buying another cable from another brand. Won't be buying from these guys again.

Update-April 4th,2014
After posting my original review, Cable Matters contacted me via e-mail with a very nice letter of apology and offered to replace the cable at no charge, provided I a) returned the defective cable to them in the pre-paid envelope they sent, and; b) consider updating my review here on Amazon.

I think that was a fair request and I appreciate them reaching out to make things right. The replacement cable arrived within a few days, and seems to be working fine. Accordingly, Im updating my review from the original 1 star to 4 stars.

Hopefully, this cable will fare better than the original, but regardless, I am impressed by a supplier that tries to address customer issues, and I have to say Cable Matters did just that. My thanks to them for their efforts.
122 helpful votes
123 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on October 3, 2012
I use this cable for my Dell U2711 PC monitor. The cable has no difficulty with the native 2560x1440 resolution of the monitor, despite the description stating up to 1920x1200 resolution. The 15-foot length allowed me to be more creative in placing my CPU further from the desk. DisplayPort conveys a digital signal, so it doesn't make sense to buy a more expensive cable - for the most part, a digital cable will either work fine or it will demonstrate immediate problems, with nothing in-between. I was happy that this cable met my needs perfectly.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 10, 2014
I just purchased an ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD LED-lit Professional Graphics Monitor and wanted to connect my 2011 Apple 15" Macbook Pro and 2011 Apple Mac Mini. This cable works without any issue and is literally plug-n-play at the display's full 2560x1440 resolution. I am very pleased to know that I don't need the expensive mini Displayport to Dual-Link DVI adapter to drive the Asus monitor. All I need is this cable. It even carries sound to the monitor.
3 helpful votes
on February 26, 2016
A cable is a cable....this cable was purchased to connect external ViewSonic monitors to a new Surface Dock. As a cable these are very good quality and as described. In my application, I am experiencing problems. When the Surface Book "wakes up" these monitors do not. I have to power cycle the Surface Dock and most of the time, the monitors wake up and I am able to extend my desktop.

This isn't really an issue with the cables; however, I thought it may be beneficial information for other Surface Book owners. In researching, others also experience this issue. It appears that you have to have an active adapter and others have had success with the Cable Matters Gold Plated Active Mini DisplayPort to DVI Male to Female Adapter - Eyefinity Compatible available on Amazon.

Item arrived in a timely manner in retail packaging with enough protection for shipping.
1 helpful vote
on May 23, 2014
If you're wondering, "will this cable successfully connect my Mac Pro trashcan to my Dell Ultrasharp U2412M?", I can tell you yes, this cable works perfectly. And you will need to buy it, because the Dell monitor ships with a DVI cable, and even an old-timey VGA cable, but it does not include a DisplayPort or HDMI cable.

Why Dell ships a new monitor with cables to connect it to last decade's computers is a mystery, but fortunately this product is inexpensive and effective.
3 helpful votes
on February 23, 2017
I've had this cable for about two months now, and it has performed reliably with the setup, as pictured: Late 2011 17" Macbook Pro connected to an Asus PB 278Q.

In those two months, I've had a handful of situations where I've had to unplug the cable and plug it back in, to get the monitor to recognize my Powerbook again.

I use this setup everyday and the cable has been reliable and i would purchase again.

The cable reliably allows 2560 x 1440 resolution. Very satisfied!
review imagereview imagereview image