Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter in Black
|Sale:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$12.00 (44%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- USB 3.0 TO GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER adds network connectivity to a computer with a USB 3.0 port; Supports SuperSpeed USB 3.0 data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps for 1000 BASE-T network performance with backwards compatibility to 10/100 Mbps networks; Connect with a Cat 6 Ethernet cable (sold separately) for the best performance
- WIRELESS ALTERNATIVE for connecting to the Internet in Wi-Fi dead zones, streaming large video files, or downloading a software upgrade through a wired home or office LAN; USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter provides faster data transfers and better security than most wireless connections; Ideal solution for replacing a failed network card or upgrading the bandwidth of an older computer
- DRIVER-FREE INSTALLATION with native driver support in Chrome, Mac, and Windows OS; Network adapter dongle supports important performance features including Wake-on-Lan (WoL), Full-Duplex (FDX) and Half-Duplex (HDX) Ethernet, Crossover Detection, Backpressure Routing, Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX)
- LIGHTWEIGHT USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER weighs less than 1 ounce for easy portability in your laptop case; Add a standard RJ45 port to your Ultrabook or MacBook with a USB 3.0 port for file transfers, video steaming and gaming
- CHROME & MAC & WINDOWS COMPATIBLE with Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista and Mac 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12; Does not support Windows RT or Android
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Gigabit Performance for Critical Connections
Provides a wireless alternative for connecting to the Internet in Wi-Fi dead zones, streaming large video files, or downloading a software upgrade through a wired home or office LAN.
Wired connections provide faster data transfers and better security than Wi-Fi.
This auto sensing USB adapter supports any 10/100/1000 Ethernet network.
Plug & Play
Simply plug the adapter into the USB port of your computer without downloading any external software drivers.
Universal compatibility with Chrome OS, Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems.
Diagnostic LED Indicators
Diagnostic LED indicators on the USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter verify the network connection and data transfer status.
Supports performance features including WoL, FDX, HDX, crossover detection, backpressure routing, and auto-correction.
Compact Connectivity Companion
Weighs less than 1 ounce to take along in a laptop sleeve.
- USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter.
- Quick Start Guide.
|USB to Ethernet||USB Hub + Ethernet||USB Hub||USB-C to Ethernet||USB-C Hub + Ethernet||USB-C Hub|
|Ports||1x Ethernet||1x Ethernet, 3x USB||4x USB||1x Ethernet||1x Ethernet, 3x USB||4x USB|
|Operation System||Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS||Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS||All OS||Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS||Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS||All OS|
|Color||Black / White||Black||Black||Black / White||Black||Black|
|Gigabit Ethernet Support||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter in Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cable Matters||Amazon.com||Plugable Technologies||Cable Matters||Amazon.com||TechRise Direct|
|Item Dimensions||—||0.63 x 7.04 x 0.94 in||1.5 x 4 x 1.5 in||6.18 x 9.06 x 0.79 in||5.12 x 6.5 x 1.57 in||4.7 x 7.8 x 0.7 in|
Instant Network Connection
The Cable Matters USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is the ideal solution for connecting a computer without an Ethernet port. Instantly add network connectivity to a computer with USB for fast and secure file transfers. Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000 speed provides sufficient bandwidth for common home or small office data transfer needs.
This compact and lightweight USB to network adapter is a perfect accessory for file transferring, video conferencing, gaming, and HD video streaming with Gigabit Ethernet, which is more reliable than wireless network.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Chrome OS
- Not compatible with Nintendo Switch, TV box, Streaming Box, Play Station, or Xbox
Seller Warranty DescriptionLimited One-Year Warranty and Lifetime Product Support
Top customer reviews
- Price - The price on this makes it something that should be in every troubleshooting kit
- Drivers - Windows 7 Ult seemed to have built in compatible drivers. I imagine windows 10 does as well.
- USB 3 - with USB 2.0, you would be restricted to 480mbps at best
- I am not sure I can really answer this as I didn't use it for an extended period of time.
All in all, if you work in the IT field, this is a product you should own. You often times run into areas where an extra NIC can be useful. Since this can be used in laptops or desktops, is really cheap, and is very compact, I would highly recommend this. Now days, companies are releasing laptops that only include WIFI so this gives you a way to connect over a hard line. Also this works with Windows tablets. I should try it with android and see how it works.
On FreeBSD, dmesg shows the device using the cdce driver (generic USB ethernet driver) exposed as a USB Ethernet ue device:
cdce0: <CDC Communications Control> on usbus0
ue0: <USB Ethernet> on cdce0
For my purposes full gig isn't necessary and a reliable hardware/driver combination is paramount, so this works well for me. Performance-seeking FreeBSD users may want to look for an adapter with specific driver support.