Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 845 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 875 reviews
on March 31, 2016
Following my initial purchase, I have bought an additional three of these cables (in varying lengths) as the need for a USB 3.0 cable has arisen. Honestly, I was hesitant to purchase a Cable Matters product because the Cable Matters CAT 6 cables that I own have proven less than impressive. However the reviews of this cable, combined with the advertised specs/photos, and Amazon’s amazing return policy convinced me to give it a chance. That was fortunate because this cable ended up exceeding my expectations!
The cable jacket is heavy and flexible, it has some weight to it but is easy to route due to the high flexibility of the material. The molded connector housings are sturdy and the connectors themselves have a tight, “snap-in” fit. They also stay in place once connected. As far as data transmission is concerned, I use this, the second of four cables I have purchased to connect a server to a 4 Bay 1U Rackmount RAID Storage Unit with USB 3.0 and eSATA interface and the data transfer speeds are lightning fast. I also use the same cable terminated in USB 3.0 micro-B (as opposed to B) to connect a High Speed 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub to a HP Pro Desk 600 desktop workstation. Again, the data transfer speeds are consistent and reliably fast.
Therefore, I would recommend the Cable Matters USB 3.0 cable in any length or termination to someone in need of an USB 3.0 cable.
on February 9, 2016
Replacement for a lost cord. At some time in the last year, I got rid of what I thought were duplicate cords neglecting, of course, to make sure that all the devices that needed one had one. So when I brought an external HDD docking station back into service, I found myself one cord short. And now I'm not That said, this is a sturdy unit with a strong cord and well constructed connectors. Price wise, its comparable but, quality wise, its worth paying a little more for. I didn't say "I love it" because I reserve that term for my wife, kids and scotch and its really hard to "love" a connecting wire, but it gets the best rating I can give it
VINE VOICEon February 2, 2017
I love having the 15-ft length as I can keep my USB hub on the desk and the PC on the floor far away without stretching.

Also like the blue - reminds me it is a USB 3 cable and differentiates from the ethernet (I use orange) and Displayport (white) cables going into my PC.

Removing a star as it doesn't seem to work with my USB 3.0 HDD dock - the run might be too long at 15ft for some devices.
on June 10, 2013
I got 2 e-mails from cable matters to rate this product, so I'm writing this before I get any more although I don't usually rate cables because there isn't that much to say, not objectively unless it fails completely (>_<).

Well, I am using this cable on an external hard disk drive... the original cable was too short, so I bought this thinking this could be a nice replacement. So far, I haven't noticed any deterioration in performance. The tips of the USB cables are also gilded gold, giving it a somewhat luxurious feeling. Also, depending on your need, the length of this unit may be just good enough for you; most external drives come with cables that are rather shorter than these.

Well... to see if this cable lives 100% up to the expectation, you might need to place an SSD into your external hard drive casing and run a benchmark there, which I haven't tried yet. But for the everyday use with a hard disk drive, I can say this cable suffices.
on October 31, 2013
I've got this hooked up between a USB 3.0 external drive and a USB 3.0 hub and have had no problems with full-speed transfers. I run HDTune to measure throughput, and I was able to verify that it was pretty near max rate. Haven't had any problems since purchase, and it's a good price. Can't go wrong with this cable!
on November 14, 2014
The cable is reassuringly thick. To work at 3.0 speeds, you need a lot of shielding on cables and this is why cheaper cables tend to be thinner - They use less of the expensive copper as shielding.

I used this to replace a USB 3.0 cable that was only 6 feet long. Using the same set-up and the same external HDD I found large back-ups files completed approximately 25% quicker, even though this cable is 4 feet longer. A well-shielded cable really made that much difference to my back-up speeds. I will always check the Amazon rating of cables from now on to make sure they are good quality and not just buy based on price.
on July 4, 2016
I recently purchased this cable from Cable Matters, and actually received it in a crazy one day turn around. I needed this for my acer predator x34 ultra wide gaming monitor to connect a 4 port usb 3.0 from the back of the monitor to my pc because the original cable was way to short. this came was packaged nicely it even had a small sticker on it that says cable matters. It feels very strong and sturdy and i do not feel like it will fail on me anytime soon
on January 26, 2014
USB 3.0 Cables are DIFFERENT - USB 3.0 devices will work with USB 2.0 cables, but you will be missing the performance expected from USB 3.0, if you use USB 2.0 cables
If you are spending money for USB 3.0 devices, buy the appropriate cables!
on March 21, 2014
This cable works perfectly for me on USB 3.0 with my FANTOM 2 TB external hard drive. Of course the USB 3 spec is much higher, but I was getting transfer speeds between 120 to 180 MB per second while transferring very large files of 30 to 300 GB (backups) from my internal hard drive to/from the FANTOM drive. Perfect; no disconnections like the cheaper 3 foot cables I had bought and returned, and this one is 10 feet long. Love it!
on November 7, 2016
Bought this as a replacement cable for my anker USB hub. It connects my laptop to the external USB hub quickly without any error messages. My printer, mouse, external optical cd drive, and external hard drives all connect quickly as well. No lagging time. I'd definitely recommend.