Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 524 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 551 reviews
on January 10, 2015
Piece of junk.
I bought this item as a docking station extension. Its pretty expansive and it looked good for few weeks. But then the male connector started falling apart. See attached picture.
To be honest I bought couple more and they all suffered the same problem. If anyone knows a quality made cable please advice.
thank
review image
77 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2014
I purchased the dockXtender to extend the Apple lightning digital AV adapter installed in my car. I installed a Pioneer AppRadio head unit and the installation required the AV adapter. The lightning digital AV adapter has a very short cable and I wanted a clean installation. The dockXtender passes all video and power to the phone as required.

The cable is of high quality and very solid terminations to the connectors.

Perfect solution for the AppRadio installation.
44 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2015
I hate to give one star reviews however I have bought several of these cables. three of this brand, and 2 from another brand. Unfortunately there is very little quality in anything thats not an actual apple product (I'm not a big fan of apple). With that being said, the first one I bought lasted approxinately one week. I like to have these cause I drive for work and want to connext my iphone to my head unit, and for whatever reason the apple brand adapter conector is about 3 inches long...can't exactly leave it plugged in while using my phone. After that week I ordered two more. The ext one I got, I immediately wrapped with electrical tape. This one lasted about 2 months until I would plug it in and it wouldn't work on one side. I would have to flip it around or shimmy it until it would start to charge again. After two months it stopped working altogether. Then I decided to break out the backup, which is the 3rd one. Mind you this cable stays in my car, isn't smushed in a bag, and isn't abused. I plug it in, and I take it out. When I plug it in, I pull it from the connector itself knowing how fragile these things are...NOT from the wire.
It lasted....(ready)....2 days. The black plastic case on the male end came unglued exposing the contacts. After a day of the contacts being expose, several of the solders came undone. Unfortunately I am not writing this review to say don't waste your money and instead buy bla bla product...because there is truly no other alternative. The other two "off brand" extensions I bought that were not this brand lasted about a month, and 2 weeks respectively (didn't break open...just stopped working). There is my unbiased and honest first amazon review.
on January 7, 2014
I bought this item based on the great reviews of CableJives's 30 pin cable extender.

My intent was to use this cable to use on a Bose Sound Dock Series III. Most of the protective iPhone cases on the market need to be removed in order to be docked and this was a simpler solution than taking it off every time.

There isn't a whole lot to say about a cable. This one felt well made and was shipped quickly per usual from Amazon.

When i hooked it up to the Bose unit there were no error / incompatible codes and all of the remote control / sound functionality was there. It also charges the iPhone during playback.

That's everything I wanted it to do.

I will update after a couple months of usage.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2016
Everything else is junk. Don't even shop it, just buy this one. I wasted time and money on 6 competing cables here and from eBay before finding this gem. It's an honest to goodness made-to-last Lightning extension cable. I know, right - why are such expensive cables usually just junk? But not this one. It's top quality, sturdy and even easy to remove thanks to the strong hard end connectors. Every lightning cable variation, especially the pricey ones from the Apple mothership, should be this good.
on March 20, 2015
I needed an adaptor once I put a new case on my phone, the slot at the bottom wasn't big enough to dock on my clock radio. Initially I purchased an adaptor plug, but it worked once, and never again. After reading the reviews on this, and seeing that it had a warranty, I decided to try it out. I don't particularly care that I can hold it while it's plugged in, this cord isn't long enough to make that very useful, I just like that it works reliably. I can also use it as an extension cord for the charger.
on July 16, 2015
I bought this to use with my focusrite iTrack dock - I couldn't use it without taking my ipad's newtrent case off. Very impractical and annoying! Anyway, this little cable to the rescue! Works perfectly. I'm even able to make recordings on my iPhone now. Good product - does what you expect, a true extension of your lightning cable. Deducted one star for the price. For a perfect rating, i'd have to think it was worth buying again over the inconvenience of not having two. In my opinion it's overpriced by about 35%. But hey, it's a niche item - can't fault this company too much!
review image review image
on March 28, 2017
Similar to what other customers have stated, the quality of this product is very poor. The first DockXtender I purchased died after a few months. So I bought another one which just died after six months. Something happens to the cord which prevents playing music or charging my iPhone 6. The phone displays a message that says "This accessory may not be supported." Don't buy this thing, it's a waste of money and time.
on June 19, 2015
Cable works exactly as described, and it's exactly what I was looking for. So I apologize in advance for taking a star off the rating, but good god what is up with the design? It's the most needlessly ugly cable I've ever laid eyes on, and the bulky plastic moldings certainly don't contribute to usability at all.
on March 23, 2017
Flimsy product. This product isn't of high quality. The male end connector is flimsy and falls apart. It's nothing like the quality of the original cable connectors. Avoid this product if you want reliability.