Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on January 26, 2013
I'll reiterate what others have said: This is an ordinary phone cord with ordinary phone connectors on each end, not an Ethernet cable. Okay, it's not ordinary. It's cat-5 and highly shielded, and it handles DSL signals from your wall jack (or outside phone box) to your DSL modem. Ordinary phone cables are not very good for this.

Here's how I used this cable: I went to my connection box outside my house and disconnected the house wiring from it. Then I plugged this cable in. I routed it into my house (had to drill a couple of holes) to my DSL modem and plugged it in. My internet performance improved significantly with this cable. I hooked up with a voice service provider (Vonage) that provides voice service over an internet connection and disconnected my phone company voice service.
on August 28, 2011
This is a *telephone* cable, not an Ethernet cable that connects a modem to a computer or router.

I am very satisfied with this cable. I use DSL service and the nearest - in fact, the only - telephone jack in my apartment is in another room about 45ft away from where I have the DSL modem placed. I could place the modem closer to the phone jack, use a shorter cable, and use Wi-Fi to connect, but I find the connection incredibly unreliable with all the interference.

The cable itself is very sturdy and well-built. It is, of course, thicker than a regular phone cable - about the thickness of an Ethernet cable - which should add to the durability of the cable.

Where this cable really has an advantage over a regular telephone cable is across greater distances, since performance degrades with distance.
With this cable I get about 4.1Mbps download. Whereas using a regular, unshielded 50ft telephone cable, I would get about a 3.2Mbps download. It's a considerable difference, especially since I could use all the bandwidth I can get on a DSL connection.
I could get a slightly faster connection by using a very short regular telephone cable and placing the modem closer to the phone jack, but the difference isn't that drastic as to make me use the unreliable wireless connection. This cable gives me all I can get off a wired connection 45ft away.

With that said, if you only need to connect a fax machine or a telephone to the wall, just get a regular phone cable. No need to spend the extra money on this cable, as it will make no noticeable difference.
review image review image review image review image
on January 3, 2017
This cable really solved my internet speed issue. I determined the issue in my home to be my old telephone lines. They slowed down the connection almost 90% of the quoted speed. I hooked up this cable at the Phone box on the house (NID), ran the cable underneath the house and up to the location in the wall where I had my modem/router. After connecting the cable up from the box and then directly to the DSL modem in the house I got just over the quoted internet speed.

Some things to note:
I used this for DSL internet as DSL is usually shipped with a "data" cable that hooks into your wall jack. This product is essentially a better shielded data cable that comes with your DSL modem.

Both phone and internet data travel efficiently through this cable. In my scenario, my modem as a functional phone jack so I can run my one cordless landline phone from the modem.

If for some reason you need landline service and need all your wall jacks to work, I recommend putting a phone line splitter at the phone box. Then connect the this RJ11 cable into one port and your phone line into the other port. The only issue you may have here is limited space in the Phone box. You can also mount a smaller box below the phone box to house the additional connections.

I recommend this cable for the DIY'er who is interested in improving their DSL internet speed or resolving speed issues.
on April 13, 2017
I did not lose any speed with this longer cable. This cable seem to be a much better quality than the cable installed by AT&T .
on July 23, 2014
The cable is really nice. The connectors worked one time then nothing worked.
I must learn how to change the ends of these cables, when i have time.
on August 3, 2014
Very well made and it seems to hold up well in the SW Florida blistering sun and daily rains.
on March 7, 2017
Perfect. Exactly what I needed. If you have Uverse for internet service, this is what you need.
on November 24, 2016
Works
on November 18, 2015
Works great! Quality made cable! Haven't tested for quality interference yet.
on May 3, 2012
For those who are trying to figure out what a "Modem cable" is (I was confused & hesitant at first) this cable is a heavily shielded, telephone cord & was exactly what I needed to relocate my DSL Modem well away from the dedicated wall-jack. With a regular "Radio Shack" type phone extension cord the signal was not strong enough for my DSL modem to keep its link with my ISP. Since installing this "High Speed Internet Modem Cable" the connection has remained rock solid! Well worth the cost... since the cheaper kind simply did not work in my case. Very happy with it!