Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 542 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 555 reviews
on October 11, 2016
I have a TV with a port labeled "Digital Audio Out" and a new sound bar with an optical port for input. After lots of Googling I finally figured out this is the type of adapter I needed. I ordered this along with a cord (C2G / Cables To Go 29114 Velocity S/PDIF Digital Audio Coax Cable) to go from the TV to this adapter. I plugged the cable into the tv and then into this adaptor. I then plugged the optical cable I had into the adaptor and then into the sound bar. I plugged the adaptor in and voila! Sound bar works perfectly! Took all of 2 minutes. Highly recommend if you find yourself in a similar situation!
on March 17, 2017
I've purchased these in various lengths (but mostly 3-feet) first in 2011, then 2014, and now most recently March 2017. They are well-assembled of solid-looking materials. They have all been trouble-free - cables you simply don't need to worry about. The connectors plug & unplug with mild effort - good contact is being made without audiophile vice-like pretensions.

In my most recent order, the cable itself (as identified by the inked codes) and the end-connectors (in terms of appearance) have both changed compared to my previous orders. Don't know if for better or worse - probably just routine supply chain management with identical specifications. However, the little red rings on the connectors (that say "Digital Audio") were not applied as well, and looked to be coming loose when I unwrapped the new cables.

It is worth noting that, in common with all other cable brands I've used, the length specification is essentially tip-to-tip including connector. The actual length of pure "cable" in my samples is 34-inches. The connector bodies and tips extend the measured length to just over 3-feet. It would be delightful to someday encounter a cable vendor who routinely added a little "leeway" to their cable lengths.
on December 15, 2012
My TV output is coaxial, and the soundbar is optical. Along with Cables to go Coax to Optical converter, I can now hook up my sound system. Thanks Cables to go for the quick shipping.
on March 27, 2017
Works. However picks up interference readily - with input disconnected and only this S/PDIF cable dangling off the headphone amp, a radio station is audible. Disconnecting this cable from the DAC makes it silent. Also the branding is just cheap stickers on the end that were not even applied correctly.

Think before you buy - only get this if low cost is of the topmost priority...
on June 8, 2015
Cables work as advertised, and are a great deal. Warning... make sure you want a purplish-blue color. While the description reads: C2G / Cables to Go 29115 Velocity S/PDIF Digital Audio Coax Cable (6 Feet) - and makes no mention of color, the picture shows a colored cable, which I missed, and sure enough... it was purple when it arrived. Because of the way my sound bar installation is you can't see it... but if you are mounting it on the wall and there's a gap between TV and Soundbar, you will have a very purple cable hanging.
on July 18, 2013
I find it difficult to review cable because unless there's something wrong with it, there's really not much to say other than "It works." I just want to let future customers know that despite the low price, this is very good quality cable.

In recent years I have learned the hard way that electromagnetic shielding is important for any AV cable that may lie near power cords. Electric power fluctuates at a rate of 60 Hz, and if unshielded cable lies too close to power cords, it can come across as a clearly audible 60 Hz subwoofer hum. The best solution is to keep your AV cables away from your power cords, but this is not always easy. Electromagnetic shielding in your AV cables is the next best solution. This cable is double-shielded, as I recommend all your (non-optical) AV cable should be. It has solid foil shielding to protect against high frequency interference and braid shielding to protect against low-frequency interference. Well-made shielded cable for $5-10 is a great bargain. Much like the Amazon Basics stuff, Cables to Go sells good quality accessories at an affordable price.
on December 12, 2014
This cable goes from the SPDIF hole in my new TCL 40" TV to the coax hole in the PETDTAT digital optical coax to analog RCA audio converter, which then allows the connection of the red and black connectors of my very old Sentry wireless headphones and finally I CAN HEAR MY TV shows. There is a slight hum that doesn't bother me half as much as not being able to hear some voices on the TV. I have a nickel sensitivity which makes wearing hearing aids for any length of time a real problem. I bought the TCL for the headphone jack (which works well but limits how close one must sit to the TV and mutes the TV sound), now with this cable and the converter (also from Amazon), I can hear the TV and adjust the sound when my daughter and I are watching the same event which is most important for watching "It's A Wonderful Life", "Miracle On 34th ST.", "A Christmas Story" . Life is good!
on April 19, 2017
Works perfectly, save your money and don't buy some name brand cable that claims to have better results. This is for a digital signal and it works. So you won't get better results with a more expensive cable.
on September 21, 2015
I plugged it into my analog amplifier and my digital convertor. Worked very well. Those who use a converter from analog to digital be aware that you will have to turn up the volume a lot. There is a reason for the difference in power need. I'd buy it again. well made.
on March 12, 2015
Great value for the money. I used this along with a Coax to Toslink converter in order to have all my game systems play through my soundbar. My TV only has Coax digital out and regular RCA outputs. My soundbar has a minijack input, and 2 TOSLink optical inputs. Using this cable and the converter I can have everything input to my TV, and the sound all goes to the soundbar with no switching needed beyond changing the video input on the TV.

I am using a Westinghouse 40" TV, and a Samsung soundbar. More budget oriented, but it is perfectly fine for my needs, and I do not feel the need for a huge top of the line system. This does quite well, and fills the room with sound when I need it to.