Cadet RCP502S 5,000-Watt Portable Garage Heater
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5000-watt premium utility heater at 240 volts provides warmth for large hard to heat areas like garages and workshops
- Note: Included 6 foot cord requires a NEMA #6-30 (polarized) 30 amp receptacle for operation. Please check your receptacle and/or with your electrician before purchase
- Includes bracket for wall mount or floor stand use
- Rugged USA made 20-gauge steel construction, with a baked-on powder coated paint finish for long-lasting wear
- Built-in fan-only switch provides comfortable air only circulation for summer months
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About Cadet Brand
Cadet has grown and changed and learned plenty over 57 years. But a few things have remained constant. We aim to delight our customers. Every time. We value our employees and treat them like family.
- Cadet uses recyclable cardboard and shredded paper in cartons and packing
- Plus, our product multipacks reduce the volume of packaging needed
Cadet Electric Portable Garage Heater (Camo Design)
The Hot One 240-volt heater includes a fan switch for air circulation without heat. All units include a built-in double pole thermostat and mounting hardware.
UL safety standards require a 3-foot minimum clearance from the front. For best performance, we recommend a 6-inch clearance from the back and top of the heater, and a 12-inch clearance from the sides.
- Ideal for your shop or garage
- Includes high-temperature safety shutoff feature
- High/Low switch provides wattage choice for heat output
- Six-foot cord and heavy-duty bracket for wall mount, ceiling mount, or floor stand
- Use the fan-only feature to circulate air
Benefits You Can Depend On
Ultra-portable with six-foot cord and polarized plug (proper receptacle required). Built-in adjustable thermostat with ‘off’ position. Available in 20 amp or 30 amp models—proper receptacle required. Proudly made in the USA. ETL listed to UL standards
Grounding Plug and Receptacle Requirements
This heater is for use with 240 volts. The cord has a 20 amp or 30 amp plug as shown in Figure 1. No adapter is available for these blade configurations, and none should be used. The Hot One requires a 240 volt grounded receptacle.
About the Cadet Garage Heater
Cadet garage heater meets the needs of large, often poorly insulated and hard to heat areas like your garage or shop. Our rugged construction means this workshop heater can withstand debris build-up, bumps and dings, and cold winters.
|Watts at 240V:||5000 (high setting)/3333 (low setting)||5000 (high setting)/3333 (low setting)||4000 (high setting)/2667 (low setting)|
|Amps at 240V:||20.8 / 13.9||20.8 / 13.9||16.7 / 11.1|
5000W 240V, RCP502S "The Hot One" garage and shop heater. Requires a 30 amp receptacle for use.
Compare with similar items
Cadet RCP402S Space Heater, "The Hot One" Portable with Bracket, 4000W, 20 Amp, Red
Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop 208/240V, 4800/5600W Heater with 6-30R Plug
Optimus H-9010 Garage/Shop Ceiling or Wall Mount Utility Heater
King KBP2406 5700-Watt MAX 240-Volt Single Phase Paw Unit Heater, Almond
Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Hardwired Shop Garage Commercial Heater, 3000-watt/6000-watt
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Bertha M Thompson||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||15.75 x 8.25 x 17.5 in||17.5 x 8.25 x 15.75 in||12 x 12 x 15 in||14.6 x 26.4 x 5.1 in||10 x 11.5 x 13.5 in||14.5 x 14.5 x 13 in|
|Item Weight||30 lbs||10 lbs||12 lbs||32.9 lbs||24 lbs||27 lbs|
|Wattage||—||—||5,600||1,500 watts||—||6,000 watts|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: Cadet worked very hard and quickly to ship me a new product, before I even returned the damaged one. The replacement unit arrived and works great. The weather hasn't turned cold yet, but the heater appears to blow a good amount of hot air and should suit my needs to heat my uninsulated garage adequately.
Units are well built and feel sturdy. The front grill is plastic. They do require a nearby 240V 30A circuit.