Have one to sell?
Café au lait: Sharon Bezaly and Roland Pöntinen
Audio CD | Import
1. Passacaille, Op. 35
2. Fantasie: Moderato, Quasi Fantasia
3. Fantasie: Vif
4. Cantabile And Presto: Cantabile
5. Cantabile And Presto: Presto
7. Fantasie Pastorale Hongroise, Op.26: I. Molto Andante
8. Fantasie Pastorale Hongroise, Op.26: II.
11. Sicilienne, Op.78
12. Andante Pastoral Et Scherzettino: Prelude
13. Andante Pastoral Et Scherzettino: Scherzettino
14. Fantasie, Op.79: Andantino
15. Fantasie, Op.79: Allegro
Top customer reviews
on September 9, 2008
Format: Audio CD
Sharon Bezaly may be the best flautist since Rampal. She does not have a major label recording contract like Emanuel Pahud, but BIS allows her to record repertoire, such as on this CD, that a major label probably would avoid. Bezaly has a rich, even tone, and phrases with taste and exquisite sensibility. It was a good idea of BIS to pair her on this CD with the virtuoso pianist Roland Pontinen. He enters completely into the spirit of things, playing with lovely nuances and great sensitivity. As for the works, they are mainly touchstones of the flute repertoire that Bezaly remembers studying with her teacher, Aurele Nicolet. Where else are you likely to hear such beautiful performances of works by Taffanel and Gaubert? The most substantial piece on the program probably is Charles Tomlinson Griffes's Poem, done with a beautiful sense of atmosphere. The recorded sound is clear and full bodied, in the best tradition of the BIS label. Anyone looking for a collection of sweetmeats for flute should be very happy with this disc.