Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cake Balls: Amazingly Delicious Bite-Size Treats
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 11, 2012
We had a blast making these cake balls and everyone thought we'd purchased them at a bakery! Yum! The balls went together just as book described. Refrigerating them rather than freezing them was a better option, as the cake ball expands as it thaws cracking the chocolate coating. We added crystal sprinkles onto the WET chocolate, which made them sparkle very prettily. Also used a1 1/2" scoop to form cakeballs. Have fun!
on January 15, 2014
After seeing cake balls on TV and being unable to find them for purchase I decided to make them myself. This book appeared to be the best choice I could find on Amazon so I ordered it and started making the recipes. The basic recipes for cake and icings to use to make the balls are good and easy to follow (I haven't tried using commercial cake mixes or canned icings). So far I've been very successful using only the information from this book.

Using the basic recipes and instructions you can make a variety of different cake balls by experimentation. I have also used the recipes exactly as given for a number of balls and have never been disappointed. I do tend to add more icing to the crumbled cake for making the balls, but that's a matter of taste. Although I can't compare this book to others (I've only used this one book) I don't think you could go wrong with this excellent, to-the-point book. It has excellent photos of the finished cakeballs along with a lot of practical advice on each step of making the cakeballs.

I have personally tried the following recipes, all with great success: Chocolate Toffee, Chocolate Butterscotch, Chocolate Pistachio, Triple Chocolate, Cinnamon Streusel, Irish Cream, Dreamsicle, Tres Leches. I created my own creations using brownie mix and Andes Mints. When you dip the frozen cookie balls in your coating (I use melted chips, mostly) the coating hardens very quickly leading to nice, smooth coatings that can be placed on your plate with almost no disturbance to the beautiful coating. Don't hesitate trying the drizzling of the cakeballs for a nice, professional-looking finish. I add little items to the top to code the types of balls, such as a small piece of Andes Mints, a chip of chocolate, a sprinkling of colored sugar, etc. Some material doesn't make good coating material, such as peanut butter chips (too stiff). Some experimentation is advised, but you can certainly with just a little practice and experimentation create fabulous tasting and appearing cake balls. I'll try to add a picture of some of my creations.
on December 29, 2012
I love baking and by making cake balls it allows me to enjoy all the sweets I love to make without eating as much. Lol. This book has a lot of great recipes and better yet they weren't all based from box mixes they gave you the recipes for the basic cakes that were going to be used. I can't wait to"get the ball rolling" (sorry I couldn't help it) & start making a few batches for my New Years Eve party!
on November 3, 2014
I'm late to the Cake Ball game, but this book sounded intriguing, so I bought it. I looked through it and saw that most of the recipes appealed to me, seemed easy to create, and came with clear instructions. When I made some, they turned out pretty good for a first try, appealing to the family by looking and tasting good. If this sort of thing appeals to you, this book is a great introduction into the cake ball world.
on December 4, 2013
My biggest complaint: So many of these recipes taste very similar.

I also found that the recipes make a huge amount of cake balls, so unless you're making them for a party, or you don't mind having 50+ cake balls that all taste the same, then cut the recipe in half.

My tip: Find two recipes you want to try that each take the same kind of base cake (be it white, yellow, or chocolate) and make a half-recipe of each.

My second tip: The quality of chocolate you use makes a huge difference. Don't skimp.
on December 31, 2012
A very fun book, with lots of unique ideas for cake balls. If you are looking for a cake ball recipe book this is the one I would recommend!
on February 13, 2014
I don't normally make a lot of desserts but saw this and decided I would try it. Making these cake balls was easier than I thought it would be! This book made it easy to understand how to make cake balls with tips on how to make your own original flavors. I find myself thinking of new flavor combinations and decorations to try...
on March 2, 2013
I have made several different flavors. They truly are not hard to make and taste like bon bons! Great little book.
on June 1, 2013
I've looked at this book page by page and am fascinated with the concept! We're in the process of moving so I haven't tried to make anything yet, but I'm looking forward to getting settled and trying some!!!
on July 9, 2014
This book is better than all my other "cake ball" cook books put together...and trust me, I have a plenty!

I'm so glad that someone took the time to write a book of excellent recipes, decoration, "how to", etc.

This book is well written...reflects the author's abilities, skills and talent.

My personal suggestion: Be sure to add this "Cake Ball" book to your library...IT'S A KEEPER!