Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on March 21, 2010
I have a herniated c4/5 disk which has caused much discomfort with arm/hand numbness and neck pain while sleeping. I have tried several pillows and eventually found the best relief without a pillow. This little baby has caused me to enjoy pain free sleep since I received it.

Make sure you get the large if you have a neck size of like..15" or more - (like most men). Another thing: The color bleeds like crazy so you can save lots of hassle by just washing the thing right away in hot water. I took it into the shower with me and in five minutes, had most of the excess dye removed. Funny, it didn't look any different at all.

Another thing - remember to keep it a bit less than snug if you are going to lie down and sleep with it - the neck veins naturally distend when you lie down and can end up feeling strangled. If you are like me, just having it on a little less than snug will keep you head in a good position all night.

Seems to wash well - which is good...because I imagine if it wasn't washed periodically, it would end up smelling like a sock.

I'm glad I bought it..for the price it has been an awesome value for me.
55 comments| 388 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 25, 2010
I bought it for sitting on the airplane. Much more compact than bringing a neck pillow, and MUCH easier to clean. Getting the cover on and off of my travel ring shaped pillow was a pain and for the ones that don't have a cover, once you spill or drool on it, it's garbage!

The one I received is black, which I'm actually happy about, but if you're expecting blue, just realize that you may or may not get it.

Support is halfway between "bare neck" and "neck brace". Maybe a little less than I would want, but I guess more than I can ask for in such a little package. Don't forget that it does insulate, so after while, your core temperature will increase. I find that to be beneficial because airplanes are always too cold anyway!

Nice for the intended use: travelling. Not sure about using it medically as I have no problems with my neck...yet! Definitely a nice companion in my carry on.

ADD List:
+Easy to clean
+Portable/lightweight
+Decent enough support
+Keeps your neck warm

-Potentially hit or miss color (mine was black, pic is blue)
-Might not be firm enough for some (seems a little soft to use for strong support)
-Increases temperature (whether a desired effect or not)

100% recommended for travelling!
0Comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 11, 2015
Neck injuries have plagued me for years, and flights have given me neck pain that has nearly ruined more than one vacation. I would have a hard time counting the number of neck rests I've purchased to help with this problem. The few times I've thought I had one that worked, the next plane we've used had seats shaped in such a different way that the neck rest didn't work at all. The two problems seem to be 1. a rest that allowed my head to drop to the side when I fall asleep, and 2. strange head rests on plane seats actually force my head forward and, without chin support, my head would drop forward. Both cause me a lot of pain. I've even used medical neck braces but I've learned it has to fit perfectly or it causes its own problem. RELEAF neck brace is THE answer for me. I've never had such comfort. It has some flexibility so it doesn't become a traction brace, (not good at all for long flights) and yet it has support both for the side and for the front. I wanted to stand up on the flight and say to all these poor people with their heads in all sorts of miserable positions "Hey, you need to get one of these! They are GREAT!" Others have stated that the large worked better even though their neck measurement fit the reg. I purchased both and found that the reg was a better fit. My neck measures 1" below the max for the reg.
on July 11, 2012
I have tried TONS of different neck pillows, wanting to find the perfect balance between comfort, portability, and effectiveness. This one is the best I've found! Here is what makes it better: #1, it goes ALL the way around your neck, so it keeps your head from falling forward when you sleep! (That is huge for me.) #2, It is more comfy than an inflatable pillow, and still doesn't take up much room in your bag. #3, The size is adjustable for different neck sizes. Things that would make it perfect: If it had "wings" off the side so you could rest your head sideways while still supporting your neck. If it was just a little bit shorter -- I found that it's just a bit too tall for my neck, and that makes it hard to look down (like when you're reading). It does have a part that curves down for your chin, but I'd like that to be a bit bigger. It does look a little funny when you have it on. Like you have a neck injury or something. But it is worth it when I arrive at my destination without a sore neck! Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. I fly a lot and I think I'll be using this pillow for quite awhile.
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2013
This is basically a foam cervical collar with nice looking fabric and stitching. Just wrap it around your neck and secure with the velcro closure. The fit should be snug, but not so tight that it slowly suffocates the life out of you.

Once it's in place, I immediately feel the support in my head and neck. It's like a cradle for your cranium, and really does help take tension off my head's supporting muscles; neck, traps, shoulders.

I have hemorrhaged disks, and sometimes just the weight of keeping my head upright causes a lot of pain. So that's when I grab for this thing and strap it on. It's certainly no miracle cure, but it does offer relief on those days when my neck pain is particularly bad. Kinda reminds me of those African neck stretching rings.

Not so sure about the manufacturer claims that this is some fashionable accessory. If this is your idea of creating a "look" then you may need to rethink your idea of a fashion statement. However, it does look less clinical than a standard white cervical collar, and doesn't scream "whiplash!"

It's just spandex over foam, with accent stitching. Looks good. Doesn't cost much. Offers good support. Just another prop to assist with your ailments. Happy I have it; not happy I need it. Like it better than an over the door cervical traction device.
on February 6, 2018
I do a fair bit of business long haul flying and tried lots of neck supports for sleeping. If you tend to nap sitting upright (as I do) this is the best in my view lightweight, easily packs and is comfortable. Some people don't like the feeling of a 'collar' around their neck (like my wife!) and some sleep in a slumped position (e.g..against the bulkhead or seat in front) and it may not work for them. I'm male 5'11' about 200 lbs slim build and use a large the medium is too tight. This is my second - left one on a plane and cant do without it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2017
I love this product! I have three herniated discs in my neck and this allows me to travel with considerably less discomfort. It is a very comfortable brace, does not attract near as much attention as the typical beige medical device, which is exactly the same thing. It is perfect for sleeping while flying and not having your head hanging. They hold their shape very well and are washable.
on December 14, 2016
I had purchased several other "neck pillows" that never really worked or were comfortable, so I was a bit skeptical when this was recommended by a friend who used it on international flights. Well let me tell you, it was great! It was comfortable, held my head up, and I was actually able to get some sleep on a recent flight from Newark to Zurich! This NEVER happens. I'm a believer now!
on January 15, 2018
In recent months I had to learn to sleep on my back due to some physical aches and pains from years of sleeping in my side and stomach. I'm adapting, but my main problem has been my mouth opening in my sleep, making me snore and resulting in a very dry, uncomfortable mouth in the morning.

I tried all sorts of chin straps that never fully worked. Then I stumbled upon this, which works leaps and bounds better than chin straps, no worries at all any more. My chin rests comfortably on the collar, keeping it closed completely with effectively the weight of the rest of my head on top of my jaw. It's light, comfortable, and easy on & off. I bought two more for backup just in case I lose it, or it gets damaged!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2016
I liked this neck rest. I saw it in skymall and decided to give it a try. It's pretty comfortable to wear and does pretty much work just like you think it would. I used to have a long train commute and I spent many hours wearing this neck brace and it still holds up. If I could say one con I just wish it was a tiny bit thicker. I must have a big head or something but I just wish it had just a tint bit more support. I think it's much better then those neck pillows that just let your head fall forward.