Cali Pro Gear Double Den Camping Hammock With 2 Free Bonus Adjustable Tree Friendly Nylon Straps and Steel Carabiners - Ultralight Portable Compact Parachute Nylon
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HANG YOUR HAMMOCK IN SECONDS: Our best-in-class Grizzly suspension system is fast, strong and infinitely adjustable. Spend less time setting up and more time hanging out. Our straps are made from reinforced 100% stretch-free, tree-friendly polyester.
- SIZE MATTERS: At 10 ft. long and 6.5 ft. wide, the DoubleDen Hammock allows you to spread out on a diagonal angle and helps you lay flatter. The perfect large 2 person DOUBLE hammock for when you want to get cozy.
- HIGH QUALITY NYLON: DoubleDen Hammocks are constructed with 70D parachute ripstop nylon that is strong (Rated at 400 lbs but tested to over 1000 lbs), durable, and dries quickly. Best camp hammock on the market.
- GEAR FITS INTO ONE STUFF SACK: The DoubleDen and Grizzly Suspension System all fit conveniently into one integrated stuff sack making it portable and easy to pack for travel, hiking, backpacking, the beach, or any outdoor adventure.
- PACKED WEIGHT and DIMENSION: 2 lbs 3 oz. and 8" x 6". Not bad for one of the largest doubles on the market.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Cali Pro Gear DoubleDen Hammocks are designed with ease-of-use in mind. We believe camping hammocks should be durable, tree-friendly, comfortable, and quick to set up. All DoubleDen Hammocks come with everything you need to hang it up for the first time. No need to buy a separate hanging kit.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It’s very large, both long and wide. I’m 6’ 4” and my girlfriend is 6” and we can comfortably lay together in the hammock. With both of us snuggled close we were even able to completely wrap the hammock around ourselves to block the sun. We used it for naps during the day, and lay for hours watching the stars at night. The material is very sturdy, even with energetic “adult” activities we had no concerns that the hammock or straps would break.
The hammock is very breathable. In October in Northern Minnesota it was a bit cool without a thick pad underneath it so I can’t wait for the summer to camp all night in it. The breathability will make it comfortable on even the hottest days, no more tossing and turning on clammy sleeping pads.
In the interest of full disclosure I did purchase this product with a promotional discount. The discount is in no way related to this review which represents my honest opinion. I am not associated with the seller and received no compensation for this review.
fyi, I was given a discount to ensure I wrote a review. I hope it has been helpful and I would be happy to answer any questions.
In terms of build quality, the seams are triple stitched and the nylon easily holds two people. The hammock straps are 1 inch wide and the same type of material as a seatbelt. The straps don't stretch at all with the weight, but the thin rope looped through the hammock (that attaches to the carabiner) does stretch depending on how much weight you put in it. The straps are also triple stitched and 9 ft long with 12 loops to adjust the length depending on the base to which you are attaching the hammock. I can easily fit it around the biggest tree in my yard, but the straps were gentle enough to not leave divots in the corners of my wood deck (ropes will rub divots in the edges of wood).
My only complaint is that the carabiners are a bit heavy. They come in at 2.2 oz per carabiner and the edges on the clasp are a little sharp, which might cause a snag if you aren't careful. These however, are very easily replaced for a couple dollars and do not affect the performance of the hammock. Altogether, the hammock (with straps and carabiners) weighs 1.97lbs (898 grams, 31.67 oz), which is very doable for solo backpacking if you are looking to avoid a heavy tent. The hammock is wide enough that a solo hiker can easily find a good diagonal angle to get the right sleep position. I would guess that a 6ft+ person would have no trouble at all fitting in it.
My favorite aspect of this hammock is the compression strap that goes all the way around the hammock pocket (attached to the side of the hammock) so it fits into itself. the compression strap (made of the same materials as the hammock straps) cuts the size of the bag by a little less than 1/2 the size.
In short, if you are outdoorsy and are looking for a great place to rest, you will really enjoy this hammock. Because of its compressibility, it is replacing my GT hammock in my hiking pack.