Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on September 5, 2013
My 6-year old has been begging for this for forever and finally got it for her birthday. She is an avid Calico Critter collector and spends countless hours arranging them and moving all of there minute accessories around. She HAD to have this camper and I thought it was going to end up one of those bulky toys that didn't get used much. Like all we really need in our lives is another huge toy with 100 tiny pieces.

But, I have to admit this thing is pretty cool. It is one of the better Calico Critter "homes" because it has built-in interactive pieces like the fold down toilet (that has a moveable lid and seat), and a flip down shelf (maybe ironing board?) in the kitchen area. It folds up compact, but has a flip out sofa and kitchen floor, and bunk beds on the roof. I also kind of like that all of the furniture is attached to the walls, seeing how it is a camper and all, which means they don't get all messy and crazy looking when she drives it around. Sometimes even the nicest setups in the houses can get totally messed up if someone bumps the shelf a little.

She loves it and I'm sure would give it 6 stars if she could.
on June 18, 2011
So I personally was pleasantly surprised by this item. There are so many little accessories that my daughter can't get enough of this. SHe loves setting the camper up with everything. The fold out section in the kitchen area is not very sturdy so if bumped at all everything falls off where it is suppose to be. Very frustrating for my daughter but she is more cautious now and enjoys it. They have drawers to keep some of the items cute little cooking utensil and places to hang them. It sets up to the car and you can drive it around. Would recommend this item.
on December 24, 2013
My 6 and 4 year old niece and nephew really wanted this for christmas and were super-excited to play with it. Unfortunately several of the pieces broke right out of the box during assembly. I was supervising (and was the one opening and assembling) so I know it was not due to inappropriate handling. This is just poor quality cheap plastic--it is a shame because for the price I would expect better. Many of the small plastic pieces are unusable due to the way they are manufactured (uneven and crack during separation from the packaging) and even some of the larger pieces snapped off right away. The kids love it but for the quality it is NOT WORTH THE $$$ (even at twenty dollars below retail during amazon sale).
on January 1, 2013
Very cute, with lots of pieces. My 5 year old grand daughter loves it. She says it is the best present she ever got. She has played with it every day since she got it on Christmas day. I am also very pleased with it, but it seems like it was kind of expensive for being mostly plastic. However, it does seem pretty sturdy. All in all, I'm satisfied.
on March 22, 2013
A friend of mine bought this toy for her three daughters and my own children were captivated by it. I ended up getting it for my daughter's eighth birthday. I am glad she is a little older, as there are many small pieces (the silverware, cups and bar of soap, especially). We have been having a great time with the Caravan. It has been fun to see a child's imagination take off with a little help from a great toy. My four-year-old son hitched the Caravan to a Jeep that he already had, and suddenly both children found a way to play together, often. All of the doors and the roof snap in and are durable plastic. Although the toy seems expensive, you get a lot for it, and it is well made.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this for my 5 year old niece for Christmas and she loves it. She likes playing with the tiny pieces and putting them where they belong. I am glad that I opened it up before I gave it to her. I was able to detach all the hard plastic cups, forks, etc and sand them a little bit because the edges were very sharp. I also glued a few items down that seemed to go together, like the bar of soap and the sink and the stew into the pot. It would be great to have some magnetic parts so that some items would stick, but not permanently. My advice is to do a little prep work before giving it to a kid so they can enjoy it the most.
on January 5, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my daughter for her 5th birthday, so she still did not play with it, but Im sure will be thrilled because this item was second on her wish list:) She loves her Calico Critters families and houses and she wants to build the collection, so she is excited with everything from the families. I like the brand a lot, they are good quality and all the little details... we are the fan.. so its a terrific birthday gift and cannot wait my daughter to open it tomorrow and enjoy:)
on August 30, 2014
Love love love Calico Critters! These toys are the best! they are so very durable. All five of my kiddos love to play with this. I was hesitant with letting my 2yr old go to town with these toys (I thought for sure he would break them) but these a very sturdy and durable. He loves these as well. Mind you there are always many little pieces so be sure to watch carefully or take all the small pieces away. We have this camper and the convertible coupe to pull it. This is full of fun and keeps my little ones happy for an hour or two!
on April 29, 2014
we have the car to go with it too and i love the calico critters line. i love the details. however a little piece of this where the utencils hang broke off pretty quickly so i think that could have been sturdier as you know children will be playing with this. however i also know my children are not the most gentlest of beings so i can't probably blame it all on construction. But overall we love it. if this is your first piece to your collection, make sure you buy an animal set because this doesn't come with any.
on February 22, 2016
My daughter loves to go camping with you T@b, and loves having a little camper of her own to play with. The fold outs and details of this set are perfect, and I know my daughter will only come to appreciate these toys more as she grows older. Calico Critters are very high quality toys that I wish I had when I was little.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.