|Item Weight||91 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17 x 16 x 33 inches|
|Item model number||CAT-10020|
|Amperage Capacity||14 A|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||91 Pounds|
|Sound Level||70 dB|
|Warranty Description||Limited Warranty 1 Year|
California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 2.0 HP 10.0-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra Quiet only 70 Decibels
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
- 10.0 Gallon Steel Tank with Wheels
- Easy Start Valve, Allows for a no load start, for a low start up amp draw, Only 14-amps
- Powerful 2.0 HP (Rated / Running) Motor
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor, 2 hp
California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
California Air Tools 8010 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free 1.0 hp Steel Tank Air Compressor, 8 gal, Silver
PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Capacity||10 gallons||10 gallons||5.5 gallons||8 gallons||6 gallons||—|
|Item Dimensions||16 x 17 x 33 in||15.1 x 16 x 35.9 in||11.5 x 25.5 x 21 in||14 x 26 x 23 in||19 x 19 x 18 in||18 x 20 x 18.75 in|
The CALIFORNIA AIR TOOLS 10020 Ultra Quiet air compressor is designed to be one of the quietest 2.0 Hip electric air compressors in the industry having only 70 decibels of sound. The powerful 2.0 HP motor operates at only 1680 RPM creating less noise and less wear. The Oil-Free Dual Piston Pump System is engineered for high performance and durability. The oil-free pump allows you to use in different temperatures and uneven terrains. The 10.0 gallon steel air tank with wheels is easy to store and move freely. The 10.0 gallon air tank will fill (from empty to full) in less than 130 seconds. The control panel comes complete with 2 - 1/4" quick release connectors that will allow you to use up to 2 tools at the same time. This air compressor delivers 5.30 CFM at 90 PSI allowing you to use larger air tools and more air tools at the same time. Having a low amp draw of only14.0 amps allows you to use normal 15 amp outlets. Powerful and maneuverable this air compressor is ideal where noise in a shop, garage or work area is a major issue.
From the Manufacturer
The California Air Tools 10020 Ultra Quiet air compressor is designed to be one of the quietest 2.0 Hp electric air compressors in the industry having only 70 decibels of sound. The powerful 2.0 HP motor operates at only 1680 RPM creating less noise and less wear. The Oil-Free Dual Piston Pump System is engineered for high performance and durability. The oil-free pump allows you to use in different temperatures and uneven terrains. The 10.0-Gallon steel air tank with wheels is easy to store and move freely. The 10.0-Gallon air tank will fill (from empty to full) in less than 130 seconds. The control panel comes complete with 2 – 1/4” quick release connectors that will allow you to use up to 2 tools at the same time. This air compressor delivers 5.30 CFM @ 90 PSI allowing you to use larger air tools and more air tools at the same time. Having a low amp draw of only14.0 amps allows you to use normal 15 amp outlets. Powerful and maneuverable this air compressor is ideal where noise in a shop, garage or work area is a major issue.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Compressor: This unit uses a very nice dual piston compressor, powered by a [single capacitor] induction motor.
2. Size: Small footprint saves floor space, and the short height fits under my 36"H workbench.
3. Weight: At about 80lbs with a low center of gravity, it is much easier to move around than the much larger/taller ~150lb vertical units in this CFM/price range.
4. Electrical: Plugs into a standard 3-prong 120v outlet, and draws less than 15amps.
5. CFM: Tank fills very fast (even from empty), and continuous CFM output is very good for it's small size.
6. Standard 1/4" Air Hose Connections: It has 2 nice 1/4" universal quick connect couplers (simply push in, no need to pull back the collar to insert a plug).
7. Drain Valve: A nice 1/4 turn ball valve is mounted to the left side of the tank bottom (easy to reach, but you do need to tilt it to the left to fully drain).
8. Pressure switch manifold has 2 unused (factory plugged) 1/4"NPT outlets, allowing for future outlet expansion (i.e. full tank pressure coupler, high-flow regulator, etc..)
1. Noise Level: [I'm listing this as a "con", because] While relatively quiet for an oil-free compressor, it is still not as quiet as I expected it to be based on other reviews as well as the manufacturer marketing the unit as "ultra quiet". The sound level is similar to a oil lubed belt drive unit.
2. Manifold Feed Line: The plastic tubing from the tank/pressure switch to the regulator/gauge manifold is only 1/4" plastic (nylon?) tubing. If you want a high-flow output, you need to plumb it in yourself.
3. Low flow regulator: The "body" of the regulator is [basically] the same size as the pipe/manifold that feeds it. What this means is that the air will have to squeeze through a tiny opening inside it to pass through. It does a fine job of regulating pressure, but if you are using a tool that demands lots of air per "burst", then this regulator will simply fall short.
4. Wheels: The small "solid" wheels have enough play on the axle to tilt in and touch the wheel bracket, and because the wheel hub offset isn't deep enough, the wheel actually rubs against the welded bracket they are attached to. Wheel Mount: The [factory drilled] holes in the welded wheel mount bracket positions the small wheels just slightly inward of the tank. This is generally not a problem when moving it around on a flat surface, however if you need to move this unit up/down stairs then the tank will rub/drag against the upper step (even if you keep the tank perfectly vertical).
5. Cost: While this is a nice little compressor, and does it's job very well, I honestly do not feel that it's worth it's very high price tag
Overall, this is a nice little compressor and I plan to keep it. I expected a bit more from this unit given the high price and it's many 5-star reviews. That being said, I would still recommend this unit for people who want a nice, powerful, and relatively quiet compressor that doesn't take up too much space. With regards to noise level, I think it is a bit misleading to call this unit "ultra-quiet". To me, the term ultra-quiet means barely audible, however I can easily hear this compressor running in my basement while I'm upstairs. It is not obnoxiously loud by any means, but it certainly is not "ultra-quiet" either.
Would I recommend this unit?... Yes and No..
1. Yes, I would recommend it if your primary needs are low noise and small size/portability.
2. No, I would not recommend it if you have more space available, and will not need to take the unit anywhere with you. You can buy a larger (~30gl) oil-lubed belt drive vertical unit for about the same price, which will be just as quiet, but will last longer and refill less often when using high demand air tools or spray guns.
The product came packaged well and on time. I like the fact the unit is quiet and lives up to that expectation. However, this is where things started to go the wrong direction. First of all, how the wheels are mounted are a problem. If you tighten the bolt up the wheel will not spin. If you keep the bolt loose the wheel will spin, but eventually loosen to the point the wheel rubs the side of the tank. This is a problem because it is damaging the wheel and makes it difficult to move around. I had this happen to me multiple times as I wheel this unit around in my garage as well as outside when working on projects. This is clearly a design flaw. You either need better wheels that utilize an axle bolt or shoulder bolt or a different design that enables the bolt to be tightened while still allowing the wheel to spin.
Also, mine has a small leak somewhere that I cannot locate despite checking all the areas with soapy water. It's manageable since the loss is slow, but not what I expected.
The worst part about all of this is that I called the company the day the item was received after initially noticing both of the issues above. Some young woman answered the phone, but it did not appear as if I called a company. I informed the person of my issues and she stated the people who would help me were no longer in the office that day. She took down my information and said someone would call me back. It's been 1.5 months and nobody has called me back. I will admit that I didn't try to follow-up diligently after that attempt, but I have tried on a few occasions when I had time but nobody picked up the phone.
I hope someone from CAT reads this review and solves my issues. I like the size and how quiet it is. I just need better wheels and the more support for where the leak may be coming from.