|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
Vinyl, October 22, 2012
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Red Hot Chili Peppers of the quadruple platinum smash Blood Sugar Sex Magic returned revitalized and reunited with Californication four year later, which was perhaps their most anticipated album ever. Most importantly, Californication marked the homecoming of guitarist John Frusciante, a key ingredient in the group's most successful albums. His return signaled the energized re emergence of one of rock's premier emotional, powerful and exciting bands.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Look, I have a fairly high end system. A Pro -Ject XPression Classic, Cadenza Bronze ($4,000) cartridge, B&W 802 speakers, McIntosh MA7900 Amp (using that preamp)
I'm a music fanatic.
I don't know what version vinyl that ppl here are getting shipped to them, or if they're buying from the marketplace or what?!?!?!!
This is widely known as a horrible original mix/mastered 1999 cd & vinyl. There are still 1999 new vinyl copies being sold & circulated.
THIS is the incredible remastered 2012 (comparatively) vinyl cut by Bernie Grumdman.
I ordered Prime, cleaned, put on turntable tonight....& WOW!! I'll never listen to the 99 cd again....EVER!!
That was a distorted compressed mess. This vinyl is flat, glossy & sounds perfect.
Order from Amazon only. Not any cheaper Marketplace seller. If it's the 2012 - you're golden. I've never heard this sound so good.
I took a chance. Didn't want to believe the bad vinyl reviews. Glad as hell I took the chance. Buy with confidence.
• My Vinyl LP copy of RHCP's Californication was REALLY warping, skipping, & scratching. I even cleaned the record disc surface so many times because I thought their was something stuck on the groove line or it needed to be squeaky clean like I usually do with my Vinyl record collection. Just 11 songs worked and the rest of the 4 songs (Around The World, Otherside, Get On Top, & Californication) of the 15 tracklist was messed up bad. Automatically 1/5 star.
• The only songs was working for my copy of Californication LP was Parallel Universe, Scar Tissue, Easily, Porcelain, Emit Remmus, I Like Dirt, This Velvet Glove, Savior, Purple Stain, Right On Time, & Road Trippin'.
• I was SO disappointed a lot of my 1st ever owning a copy of RHCP on Vinyl format. Because It's my favorite Chili Peppers record and I was ecstatic of looking forward to hearing it for the 20th anniversary (1999-2019) to celebrate this classic masterpiece.
• The only positive results that I have to admit is that it's still an awesome LP with 180gram sound. It shocked me that I've never heard of it so remarkable with the instrumental, vocals, & background sound on Vinyl, compare to when I had a CD copy of Californication before long time ago in my opinion.
• I'm personally petrified to buying another copy of Californication on Vinyl or even buying their other Vinyl LP albums because I feel like it'll happen to me again like my review on Californication. I'm still traumatized from my Californication Vinyl LP experience.
That's all I have to say... Thank you for reading this!
The entire album is definitely planned out very well- the ups and downs of the different songs is easy to follow. The first notes of Around the World set the standard for something crazily fun. After listening to the furiously funky Get on Top, you want something a little softer like the song Californication. Any other rock album would make you scream over the silence that follows the end of the music- something hard and heavy can't just die away abruptly. A lot of bands make the endings of their last songs go on forever, which is repetitively boring because it's just sound- rock sound that doesn't fade off properly. But Road Trippin' is a perfect way to end an album- it's a little softer and falls off into silence just right. Or onto another album...
All of the music is incredibly solid. It never really seems to be either too busy or too simplistic. There is no unneccessary noise, and all of the instruments come together into something that sounds amazing- nobody consistantly outshines somebody else. But there is energy in the music- something that makes everything more alive and relatable. And that is what makes an album like Californication shine.
Top international reviews
I "puristi" sapranno anche che l'edizione in vinile del 1999 è assolutamente da evitare, poiché ripresa praticamente dallo stesso master ipercompresso del cd, con dinamica prossima allo zero e suono iperpastoso.
Vedendo la data di uscita di questa edizione, mi sono fatto coraggio ed ho proceduto all'acquisto.
NON FATE IL MIO STESSO ERRORE: dal momento che sulla copertina non c'è scritto nulla per capire che non è l'edizione rimasterizzata ho dovuto per forza aprire il cellophane, riscontrando con sconforto che le matrici sono le stesse dell'edizione 1999; mettere il lato A sul piatto ha poi confermato i miei timori.
Per fortuna amazon ha un'ottima politica dei resi, ma il mio consiglio rimane comunque quello di evitare di perdere tempo su questa edizione.
For packiging to many boxes used. One would had been enough.
one with the whole record skipping and i cant seem to contact amazon without asking to return the item which i dont want to do ...but i love this album so i really regret the low rating