Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 11, 2006
I am a huge fan of world war 2 first person shooters. I've been with the genre since the begining of medal of honor. since then, not too much has been more impresive to me than call of duty. It was a wonderfual game and still is. Call of Duty 2 was even better. Does this new game maintain the stellar streak the series is on? in a word, yes. Although, it is alot more of the same. But then again, why mess with a great formula? Call of Duty 3 works because it is exactly what the original game was built around, sheer intensity....and also alot of fun. But then you might say, well i've played COD2, are you saying its the same? Yes and No. The basic mechanics are the same and the few newly added gameplay elements do little to nothing for the overall game so in escense. Yea, its the same game. But this time around the levels are bigger and look o so much prettier. Honestly, these are some of the most amazing visuals on the xbox 360. I dare say it puts my beloved COD2 to near shame. The lighting and texturing is beautiful and the explosions are heart stopping to behold. The life like graphics are complimented by a brilliant musical score. Oh, and if anyone should wonder about the ingame soundeffects, just pop in a previous call of duty game and imagine it amped up even more. Seriously, the battlechatter has never been so nicely integrated. COD3 is yet another amazing world war 2 game that will certainly keep veterans of the genre happy and content, meaning on the edge of your seat. The newly implimented rag doll physics and destructable enviroments will make sure you stay there too. I reccomend this game to anyone and everyone who has played a world war two first person shooter and enjoyed it because what we have here ladies and gentelmen is the latest and greatest, the best that money can buy.
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2016
Where to begin. CoD 3 and 4 stand out as two of the best of the franchise. 3 makes you feel immersed into WWII, you are not stuck with a lot of the clutter than hinders the modern franchise games. You are not the superhero the other games make you out to be, rather you are just another soldier fighting against the Germans. This makes the game feel more engrossing and just overall enjoyable.
on November 13, 2006
First of all, I am a big World War II fan. I love playing all the World War II games that are made for the PC. I decided last week I had to get a Xbox 360 just to play Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War. So I went to a local Gamestop and bought the Xbox 360 along with Call of Duty 3. Gamestop didn't have Gears of War in yet. I ended up getting Gears of War at Circuit City.

Okay so I went home and I set up the Xbox 360 on my tv set and I put in Call of Duty 3 to play and I noticed the picture wasn't that good. So I disconnected the Xbox 360 and I hooked it up to my PC flat screen monitor. Boy, let me tell you something. There was a huge difference in the quality of the picture. I couldn't believe it. And the sound was 100 times better. What is so cool is I can turn on my PC and my Xbox 360 at the same time and switch back and forth playing games from my PC and games from my Xbox 360 on the same PC flat screen monitor. This is the best investment I ever made.

Now my review just has to do with Single Player only. Call of Duty 3 looks even better than Call of Duty 2 on the PC flat screen monitor. Call of Duty 3 is a great game that should have been made for the PC too. The battles are very intense and very realistic. The AI is very good. Both Allies and German troops advance and retreat when they need to. They both use cover very well. It is so cool to fight in huge battles and have large number of troops from both sides fighting against each other. It is especially cool when you have artillery shells exploding all around you while you are right in the middle of fighting a large battle. The graphics are very good. Call of Duty 3 has some the best looking grass and best looking water I've ever seen in a game. I really like the storyline in the game. This game is based on actual battles fought in France during the summer of 1944. I can't wait for Call of Duty 4 to come out next year. I hope it is based on some more World War II campaigns.
on January 10, 2017
Fast shipping. Works Great. The game was in good condition.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 13, 2006
It just seems like there are too many "cut scenes" that you have to sit through before you get to the game play. Then the game play itself gets done quickly and before you know it, the game is finished. I do like the fact that you can choose different strategies to go with. But I really liked Call of Duty 2 much better.
on October 20, 2007
I'll sum it up this way. At $30, it is not a bad addition to your library. I am really glad I didn't pay full price. I purchased both COD 2 & 3 and played them back-to-back.

On the positive side, it does all of the next-gen stuff very well. It looks great on the HDTV. The sounds are great as you spin around and the conversation moves from speaker to speaker to give you a truly 3-D feel. There are some really fun sequences in the game and specifically I like the tank battles.

Unfortunately, there were just too many glitches to allow me to rate the game higher than about 2.5 to 3 stars. Other reviewers have posted in detail some of these problems, so there is no sense in repeating them here. The biggest one for me is that your team is constantly getting in your way and you can't get around them. I didn't notice that as much in COD2 as I am in COD3.

The game play also feels TOO linear to me. I understand that the nature of an FPS is to be linear, but when this is combined with a complete lack of need for strategy, the game becomes a bit tedious at times. Lets face it, you throw a smoke grenade...hide behind something...pop up and shoot until your health gets low...hide again until your health gets better...repeat. Doesn't really matter whether you want to use the SMG or rifle. My guess is that game is A LOT more fun in multi-player mode, which I haven't tried yet.

I don't think this is a bad game. I just won't be buying COD4 when it comes out. When the price drops to $25 to $30, I will check out the reviews and if it seems that they have fixed some of the glitches, I will definitely give it a spin at that price. I would have to say that I prefer Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell to COD right now.
on November 11, 2006
So after playing this game for a good while, I can genuinely say it's darn near completely unenjoyable. I've not played the multiplayer yet, so this is only for single player. First off, this game would be considered linear even on the N64. All too often, I find myself travelling through hallways with German soldiers in buildings lining them, and find none of these buildings accesible. I'll see an object to take cover behind, a wall, an area inside a building, and I'll head towards it and find myself blocked by an invisible wall, which obviously is a path to a quick death. This actually happens a lot, which is rather unfortunate. Those stupid command options still pop up directly in your view during fights: "switch *** for *** weapon," "Press X to ***." These are extremely annoying, and something I would've hoped they would change from the last game, at least move them down an inch or two on the screen. Cut-scenes cannot be skipped, which actually is exceptionally annoying when you load an old game, because it shows the cut-scene from the last level, then for the new level.

All too often you'll find yourself looking over a rather expansive landscape, but instead of having you fight across it, the designers have you sit in a window and shoot German soldiers for x number of minutes until the air or armor support arrives. The makers also seem to have tried to hide the linear nature of the game by making it more dense and deep looking, but this definitely only hinders the gameplay. It's to such an extent that at points it's completely unclear as to where you're supposed to be headed in a level, simply because so many ways SEEM viable, but rather are protected by the aforementioned invisible wall.

As these game designers stumble into next-gen gaming, I figured they would at least begin to build games of less a generic, Doom-ish style. But rather, they've levelled the graphics up several notches and then let the gameplay slip away. Personally, I don't care that leaks spring from wine barrels and grass is individually rendered now, because the game fails in being enjoyable in almost every way.

As far as I can tell, this is the most beautifully rendered wave attack game I've played. Just that.
on December 15, 2006
First thing's first: This is for the Xbox 360 version. This game is a huge graphical leap since Call of Duty 2. The missions offer variety, from objectives to "Battle Actions," which are tasks such as planting a bom, wrestling a gun from your enemy, or driving a vehicle. The characters are very life-like, each with their own personality. The game's 14 missions are fun, and its Multiplayer just blew me away. This is a very intense game. The only downside is that CoD3 can use some more missions, and maybe a few new multiplayer maps, but it'll still be the perfect gift for any occasion-don't let its $59.99 pricepoint fool you. What are you waiting for, soldier? Go to your local game retailer and buy this game. Move, move, move!
on November 23, 2007
Call of Duty 3 is hands down the best game I have ever played to date. Anyone who gives this game less than 5 is crazy. The single person game is great, but the online play is out of this world! Ranked matches, snipers on the loose, blowing up jeeps/motorcycles. It just doesn't get any better than this. The only thing I wish you could do is have both allie and axis weapons available when you play online. Allies have the better weapons, which give them a little unfair advantage. Otherwise, this game is perfect, a must buy!
on June 22, 2008
This is a very good game with a weak story-line. However, there is still some fun to be had in this WW2 shooter. I have played dozens of shooters in this past month, and this one is in the top echelon. It has good graphics and a nice set of weapons, that sound right and seem to have the right amount of power and authentic feel to them. In A lot of games the weapons are either overpowered or underpowered, in this game however, they feel right and deliever the right amount of "pop". The game runs around 6-9 hours, which is medium legnth for this genre. It has you playing as several different factions throughout the game. You will enjoy the missions as the Americans the most, the others are very old and and useless feeling.

Another strong thing I will say about this game, is that at it's current price it's a steal. I payed 25 and I wasn't disappointed. Your getting it for half of that! I would recommend purchasing this game.

Graphics 7.5
Sound 7.0
Framerate 8.0 ( glitches rarely )
Story 6.0
Achievements 7.5 ( good blend )
Overall 7.5-8.0

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.