Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,859 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,235 reviews
on January 3, 2013
Essentially this is the best Call of Duty game to date - that is, while it is functioning correctly. Black Ops II unfortunately is STILL (as of 1/3/2013) experiencing numerous connectivity problems in both Zombies and Multiplayer modes. Migrating host often fails, the game will freeze up (causing you to restart the PS3 manually), and finding a game can be endless if you change the search options to anything but standard connectivity.

All in all, if the technical problems did not exist (and I assume sooner or later they will be patched) this would be an outright 5-star winner-of-a-game. It's SO much fun. As a COD fan, I find the multiplayer maps and gameplay to be slightly improved, campaign to be just abut what you would expect from the COD series, and Zombies mode is more fun than ever. Not much has changed in Zombies mode by the way, but they have added a few twists / new creatures such as the lightning man and the Grief and Tranzit settings are incredibly addicting.

I *would* recommend this product, even with the sometimes overbearing technical difficulties. Ultimately, they will fix it, and it's a great game.
on May 24, 2014
Since there are so many reviews of this game I won't go too in depth but I've had both the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version and made it to prestige master on both because this is one of the few COD's I've liked this much that I can invest the time into it and not get sick of it. Without a doubt it's the best looking COD created so far and has the best campaign mode yet with an incredible amount of replayability due to the many different ways the dynamic story can go. I don't care for zombies that much but it can be fun if you play with friends or other people online that are good at it. The Modern Warfare campaign is very good in its own way and those games are always fun to go back and play now and then but for whatever reason I've loved the Black Ops series more and hope Black Ops 3 will be made and find a way to continue the same story or be related to the first one somehow. Nearly all the maps on this game are very enjoyable, I love the freedom to create your own playercards and emblems, and gun customization is great. It's a whole lot packed into a game that can be bought cheap now and still has a huge amount of player traffic so there's fun to be had in this title for years to come.
on August 17, 2015
Great Product!

I really liked the game. It was so fun and I personally think this was one of the greatest Call Of Duty game.

The product was very special because I ordered it from a Third Party Seller on here. I received it used but it worked well and it in-fact came with the Revolution map pack!

I would like to point out the fact that the game does Freeze at times...
which happens every hour or so... but it depends on how full your systems memory is, according to my testing.

If you're looking to buy a Call Of Duty Game, but not spend a fortune, then buy this one... you should even consider buying it used, like me!

Overall, it was a great buy, and I would definitely recommend the item for many others.

Thanks!
on January 24, 2014
Once again the story line is a better action film than any action film (granted in part because you guys know how to combine the greatest scenes from action films). Total bull and unrealistic, but entertaining.

Anyway, the gameplay on this is great. I actually love how they did this. The variety of mission types was great. That strike force stuff was really awesome. Really want to see more of this stuff. Weapons customization for the win. I like the variety of firearms though you guys can always expand.

Also huge fan of how they took Reznov from World at War and spun this whole series out of it. Freaking awesome.

I hope they keep making games that explore the conflicts of the cold war.

If Activision reads this, it would also be cool if you guys could tell the broader story. I'm still waiting for a call of duty game where I'm playing as the Germans, Italians or Japanese shooting at the Americans. I really appreciated how you guys told Canadian and Polish war stories in Call of Duty 3. Keep doing that.

One thing that really bugs me though is you always assign the wrong damn weapons to foreign armies. Why the hell aren't the Russians using Russian rifles? Screw people paying you guys to advertise their guns.... keep it legit. We overlook that it's all ridiculously over the top, but at least get the guns right you noobs.
on December 4, 2013
Love the COD franchise, but have to admit I've never played any other shooter franchises on PS3. I found this COD2 the most difficult to adjust to for play online, but once a friend advised me on better class setups I was good to go (best class setups were difficult for me to figure out compared to the last three COD games). Have the extra map packs and enjoy those too, although I wish they weren't so expensive - the game is expensive enough. Zombies has been lots of fun online. Perhaps I'm a nerd, but I have the graphic content set to low and it makes the game more enjoyable for me.
on April 12, 2016
An interesting blend. It consists of everything I expected to see and a few things I didn't, the latter of which surprised me. I can't say the Strike Force missions were a good idea but at the very least, they're a departure from the norm. And the addition of player choice is definitely a plus. As for the rest, the high production values, Hollywood-esque presentation, relatively intriguing campaign, and a multiplayer that delivers on all counts, it's hard to say this year's CoD falls short. Some can say the multiplayer is too similar but hey, this is Call of Duty. The fans know what they like by now.
on March 20, 2017
This is a really fun game. The graphics are good for its time and I like both the single and the multiplayer. It’s a really reusable game.
on March 10, 2013
Black Ops II is not a bad game but it's the same as every other single COD game released before it and some of the changes made are for the worse. The main highlight here is the campaign because it now offers player choices in the story and depending on your actions you can change the fate of certain situations and characters. The story is also very interesting this time around and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Even so though, I never even finished the single player because despite being cool it still has too much of that "Been there done that" feeling. As for the multiplayer there have almost been no new changes made so if you didn't like COD multiplayer in the past then you won't like it here but if you did like it before then you'll probably like the online here. Finally there's Zombies which is easily the worst part of the game. I consider myself a pretty good Zombies player but Treyarch just ramped the difficulty up too much. There's fire cracks in the ground that blur up your screen, the zombies are harder than ever, and the fog in the new mode Tranzit makes it really hard to see which makes for a very annoying visual experience. Zombies is just so hard now it isn't fun. As for the graphics they are very poor. Seriously compare Black Ops II to Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 or 3, or Medal of Honor Warfighter and you will see that COD has some very outdated graphics now and at this point it almost looks like a PS2 game. There is no excuse for it now, Treyarch is just being lazy as the engine powering BLOPS II is the same engine that powered the last SIX COD's. They need a new engine now! Finally the sound is good, the soundtrack is pretty compelling and the gun shots all sound really good. Still I would recommend this game only if you are a big fan of COD otherwise there are other first person shooters that deserve your attention.
on August 25, 2016
My new years resolution for 2016 was to watch more TV and play more video games. Sounds backwards right? Well, I needed a bit of excitement in my life, and this game certainly provided that. I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to scary movies, TV shows or videos. I'm not going to lie - this game is fun to play. However, there are some 'stressful' situations that made me question my purchase particularly when playing this game at night. I don't play online or have any fancy equipment, but for what it's worth it was a good purchase.
on February 17, 2013
Compared to the first black ops, zombie maps were awesome and fun. Tranzit requires more time and is more difficult with all the lava; this takes the fun out of it for me.

Its also harder to get melee kills online with the regular knife.

Aside from that everything else is fun and I love the 10 item system for online classes.

Also you may notice your PS3 making alot of Disc Drive noise with this game. Apparently this is normal and its not breaking your PS3. I have a PS3 slim 120 GB.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.