- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: BRADY GAMES; Limited edition (November 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0744012732
- ISBN-13: 978-0744012736
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 1.3 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,311,182 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Call of Duty: Black Ops Limited Edition Hardcover – Special Limited Edition, November 1, 2010
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
BradyGames, an imprint of DK and a division of Penguin Random House Inc., is the world’s leading publisher of strategy content for PC and console video games. BradyGames understands what gamers—both casual and hardcore—want and need from strategy guides. Every guide features in-depth content, detailed screen captures, quick-reference tips, and professional strategy. Prima Games is also a leader in the digital strategy realm, offering interactive maps, streaming video, searchable online guides and apps, and a full website at primagames.com.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Showing 1-8 of 18 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In this case, I'm a fan of Call of Duty games, but I'm also one of those that don't even bother to play the single player campaign. I just go directly to the Multiplayer mode and this is why I'm such a fan of Call of Duty line - the multiplayer mode of the whole series. Black Ops has it's ups and downs compared to other games from the line, most people adress that to the studio that devoloped the game this time - Treyarh - and I believe it is because Infinity Ward get them used to some standards that now got changed. I personally don't judge the studio for doing that, it's just another great multiplayer game from Call of Duty series. Some things are different - but it's stille great fun!
Now going back to the guide. Due to what i Explained above I skipped entariely the whole Single Player campaign section in the book, so I can't say anything about it. Maybe only that the aome pictures in this section that I seen are a little ... loq quality - but nothing major.
Now the sections after this one tell you a lot (almost aeverything) about all kinds of weapons. Including technical data that you won't find in the game (like RPM etc.), other section takes you through all the maps, explaining some locations in detail. There is a whole section about perks that you can unlock during your game and also a section explaining all new multiplayer game modes as well as explaining what most of the gamers already know about the "old" game modes.
So far so good but ... and here are the major cons, that made me drop 2 stars and gave it a O.K. medicore rating:
1. Fisrt and for most, some of the detail data about weapons, perks or even gaming modes is just NOT CORRECT! I know i ordered my copy of the book before the game was released. So I first though that maybe something was changed in the final end-user game. But still, if that's the case, they should have not released it earlier if they knew something like that can happen. Those errors are small, but frustrating. For example in perks section one of the description states that when a certain perk will be upgraded to perk mode, you will be able do do that and this, but in the game one of the upgrades stated in book just doesn't exist! Frustrating, because I read about it in the book, and was all excited to unlock it, so i spent 2 days just trying to finish all the needed challanges and after all I just got huge disappointment.
2. Like some others have stated, some of the images are quite not up to the whole book in quality. For example all the pictures of available weapons look pixelated and are actually very hard to recognize. Same goes for the pictures of all maps. That's not something that You would expect in a nice hard cover book, that even calls itself a Limited Edition - from Signature Series (I'm glad i"m not the one that signed under that)
3. After all, it turnes out that I didn't really needed the book. Sure it was nice to have on the table in front of mw when a new and shiny copy of Black Ops arrived, but than I used it maybe 2-3 times and it was only to see what can I unlock in the future (which was a big fail too - see con #1). One more time, remember I only play multiplayer - so maybe the book will be more usefull for those who play The Campaign and need some guide.
4. And the last but not least - the SO EXCLUSIVE stand with all the maps ... no come on. IT IS WORTHLESS! The out of focus images and all the clutter on the, anyways too small to read from more than 3-4 feet, paper stand - all of that makes it just USELESS. So advertising this as an exlusive and helpfull addition to the book is really just funny. It's another worthless gadget for a shopper to convience him to buy tjis particular book.
All in all - 3 stars - a colorfull, nice looking edition with a lot of interesting and sometime helpful info, but with just too many bugs to find it very attractive after all.
" Awesome book! When I'm not playing "Call of Duty", now I'm learnin' "Call of Duty"! So if you're an ultimate gamer out there, (like I am!), and you think you know EVERYTHING about "Call of Duty".....YOU'RE JUST PLAIN WRONG! Order this book today, and find out what I'm talking about! If you have any complaints..don't go yabbin' to me!"
"Goodbye (for now?)"....