Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
There is a newer version of this item:
About the product
- Strike Force Levels: New to the Call of Duty Franchise, strike force levels provide sandbox-style gameplay experiences, allowing players to take command of any element of their squad at any time.
- Branching Storylines: Choices the player makes could mean the difference between life and death for some characters and there exists an even greater opportunity for multiple endings.
- Single Player Character Customization: Choose from a variety of weapons and loadouts providing multiple choices for how you approach single player missions.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare.
Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Gamescom Accolades
- "The most ambitious Call of Duty to date" - USA Today
- "Poised to blow you away" - G4
- "Treyarch has just vaulted Black Ops II to a new level" - Joystiq
- "Black Ops II is changing multiplayer. A lot." - Kotaku
- "A bold departure" - IGN
- "A whole new level of competitive gaming" - MTV
- "Brilliant visuals and adrenaline-inducing gameplay" - Forbes
- "Best of Gamescom" - Gamespot
Call of Duty®: Black Ops II is a First-Person Shooter (FPS) that revolves around unique gameplay that propels the Call of Duty® franchise into a world of future warfare, and back again to the modern era. The game is a sequel to the 2010 release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops, and features returning Black Ops characters Sgt. Frank Woods and Agent Alex Mason, joined by a wealth of new characters. Additional features include: two distinct yet linked playable time periods, advanced weaponry, branching storylines created by player choices in Strike Force missions, exciting multiplayer options, and more.
To Understand the Future, you Must Understand the Past
Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare between old and new foes. In this conflict, the mechanized creations of men reign supreme, facing off against each other as their creators stay safe and unconflicted, and in the process grow ever softer. In this scenario an important question will be asked: What happens when enemy steals the keys? To understand such a possible future, you must understand where you have been.
Players of Call of Duty®: Black Ops II gain an understanding of this and more through the game's additional timeline set in the late Cold War era of the 1980's. Within the campaign story, which spans these two eras, players will see familiar faces such as Alex Mason, his son David Mason, and Sgt. Frank Woods. Linking these together will be the rise of another player in the conflict, Raul Menendez.
Key Game Features
- An all-new Call of Duty®: Black Ops II storyline featuring new characters and and returning characters
- A unique single-player campaign that contains two time periods linked by characters and their actions
- Special Strike Force missions, in which the players action affect the outcome of gameplay and the overall campaign
- A variety of multiplayer modes and play options
The Biggest Zombies Experience to Date: Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Zombies features three different ways to survive the zombie apocalypse. Unravel the mysteries of a dying Earth in Tranzit, fight endless waves of zombies in Survival mode, or compete in the new 4z4 last-human-standing mode, Grief.
1-4 player co-op in a large open world with a variety of locations. The new Buildables gameplay elements help players move through each area to find the key tidbits that reveal why they are there and what they must do to survive. All the while, public transportation is still operational, as a bus will regularly stop at each location. Zombies ride for free.
Recreating the classic mode of just purely surviving the shambling, incoming Zombie horde, Survival mode allows you to play 1-4 players co-op in specific locations from the much larger Tranzit area.
You and friends can take on up to 4 people in a team vs. Zombies vs. team scenario. 2-8 players are thrown in a situation to be the last humans standing.
MP Technology with Zombies: Call of Duty®: Black Ops II features new and extensive stat tracking as well as leaderboards for bragging rights. New skill-based matchmaking system will allow players of the same ability to take on the horrors of the night in public game modes. For players that are looking for an extra challenge, Zombies features custom games: Headshots only, higher starting rounds, and toggling of extra items are all available.
Top Customer Reviews
With those small issues aside, the online play is great. Much more scope than was seen in the original BO. I have only played through a few single player missions on the easy setting and they're okay, but I'm not terribly invested in the characters or the storyline. I have played the zombie maps once online with friends and they are fun, although again I'm not really into it. Somehow fighting Nazi Zombies in the first one just felt better than killing regular zombies that aren't Nazis. Also, what's the deal with every fourth zombie wearing either pajamas or hospital johnnies? Just kinda weird...
The bottom line though is that if you enjoy playing FPS games online this one is a definite go! I dont really have anything to compare it to (comparing it only to the first BO isn't exactly fair) but it it definitely fun and lends itself to quite a bit of exploration online.