Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 25, 2017
My son is a Call Of Duty fan boy. Like he literally has to play every game on every console or he feels like he is missing something. Alright alright, I am a bit of a fan girl myself. We have been very loyal to this game since the beginning. This game of course did not disappoint. The graphics are great as are the missions.
on January 20, 2013
The game was very anticapated well build up promotional wise. And personally speaking it was a contender but not a champion ranking if i can use these terminology to give my reasoning of rating, Overrall I liked it but It couldn't compare to the first.[my thoughts only] But yet I like much of the new storyline. I thought the flashing back and forth from the past to present was a good touch. Even though it was well play and fitted in I didn't like the looking though the eyes of Mendes. All else I like and would love to see what else they can do with it. Bottomline I would buy it again and would recommend it to all Call of Duty fans. Just my personal thoughts.

Love the update weaponry!
on May 21, 2013
This is the first CoD game I've bought and played seriously since Modern Warfare, although I have played the last few on and off with friends. If you want a story go elsewhere. It is linear, not interesting, and barely worth playing. There is little emotional death and relies quite a bit on the action set pieces, like CoD of the past. I didn't buy it for the story anyway, that's what Halo 4 and Bioshock Infinite is for. It is a purely multiplayer experience and Treyarch has made it the most addicting yet.

The game play is as great as all the review sites have made it out to be, although it isn't a huge improvement as some people make it out to be. The variety of guns, infinite options with the pick 10 system, and incredible amount of achievements makes it worth playing again and again. I have only one problem with the game, spawn deaths. During core modes it isn't as pronounced, but in hardcore you can spawn and die instantly multiple times in a game, especially on smaller maps. I would say that I'm a decent player with a positive K/D ratio playing almost exclusively hardcore, but spawn deaths can ruin the potential fun in a game.

All in all it is a great game, solely from the great multiplayer experience. The spawn deaths, a few overpowered weapons, and lackluster story keeps it from a perfect score. I would recommend Halo 4 for those who prefer a more balanced experience, since the balance between the guns is perfect and there isn't the frustration from scorestreaks. Lacks the customization options that Black Ops 2 has.
on March 28, 2013
This game took a hit for some of their bad distribution/pricing ideas in the beginning and it led me almost to not buy it. I'm glad I made my own decision. The campaign is the most interesting since since Modern Warfare 2 (Blacks Ops 1 seemed trite). And the zombies are the best yet (which are what keep me coming back). I haven't done too much yet of the multi-player, but I came in getting shot to death less than in Black Ops 1. I have been playing this game for a month and I'm still enjoying it immensely.
on December 3, 2014
The best in the COD series. Take any variant that Sledgehammer, or Infinity Ward has published and throw them away. Ghosts was garbage, MW died out after #2. And Advanced Warfare is too halo. Jetpacks? Give me a break. Black Ops 2 still has 150,000 players online in the evenings and never fails to offer quality content.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on February 6, 2015
Despite the constant host migrations and ddos boots from other players, still one of the best cod released.

4v4 ranked matches with esports rules, and the ability to record gameplay.

If u are a responsible parent, please stop buying your children games they shouldn't be playing. Learn the game rating system. Even if your child isn't ignorant, he or she will be corrupted with the level of ignorance online. I'm not a saying they are all bad. But, I'm sure most adults here are tired of hearing 5-10 year old kids using vulgar, sexual, and racial language just cause they can "get away with it" or other degenerate teens and adults find it amusing to provoke, enforce, and teach them these things.
on December 30, 2012
I have enjoyed this installment of the COD series a lot. Though short, I thought it had one of the most fun solo playthroughs in ages. Great visuals and voice acting, decent and complex story, and because it jumps around in time, lots of different fun weapons to try.
I wish the online experience was as varied.
I was hopeful that this would be a little different for me. I am middle aged, but like the FPS's and have had some excellent times in multiplayer settings. But for the most part I can't keep up with the hair-trigger kids out there. Additionally, there is a pretty high titer of jerks online, ranging from racist ranters to intolerant neck beard people. I just want to have a good time and there were possibilities that Black Ops 2 might have offered with skill matching and training levels. Oddly, and I don't understand why someone who prestiged twice in the first week feels the need to be in the Boot Camp or my League Play level. The matching system seems irrelevant.

I would love to see COD either hone the skill matching system/ranking or eventually change around the gameplay enough (it's exactly the same layout as before) so that newbies and people who just suck at it can still enjoy the experience without getting yelled at or frustrating the better players. This is not a game where you get to be an apprentice.
on August 22, 2016
My husband is hooked and I can order before it hits the stores, he loves it.
2 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 29, 2013
Unfortunately, Black Ops I set a pretty high bar, which the Call of Duty franchise has yet to surpass. The campaign mode tells a story that is cluttered (every faction uses the same vehicles for some reason, which makes it impossible to tell who is doing what half the time), full of plot holes and inaccuracies, and, while offering choices that affect later parts of the game, the player's actions really weren't what decided the world's fate. It was all about the bad guy, who is portrayed as this god that can do anything and everything he wants. How is he finally beaten? (spoiler alert) An all out assault on his base, whose location was somehow found by the NSA or something. The player wasn't really important in the grand scheme of things, and because he is not a great character, you don't get involved or attached to the story at all. And the comedic epilogue is clever, but further takes away the tension from the game.
However, the gameplay is fairly solid. By giving an unrealistically advanced portrayal of near-future technology, the developers were able to innovate more freely.
The real prize in this game, though, is the zombie mode! Just like in Black Ops, the zombie mode is highly original and clever. It is also astoundingly fun!
on May 5, 2016
Very good game but not as good as Black Ops 1. Especially in zombies. But the multiplayer is a little more fun because of the vast amount of kill streaks. But there seems to be less weapons and its based in a modern/futuristic setting which is cliche. But tranzit is fun and has many Easter eggs inside the maps. So i would buy here i got it more cheap here than in gamestop but i would check both amazon and gamestop to get the better buy. Plus it seems amazon games are just kept in better shape than a game store.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.