Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 898 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,322 reviews
on July 20, 2016
Bought 2/15/14

I was really excited for this game! At first it seemed pretty cool, but that quickly faded. I found myself doing the same cliche, overused, and watered-down missions I'm always doing in a Call-of-Duty game. The story lacks any true depth, and seems like something they did just to say "we have a story." They didn't really care about the story-line at all... or so it feels like. It feels as though they cared more so about multiplayer.. and then you try out the multiplayer and realize it's the weakest of the entire series. It's absolutely horrible. Leveling is extremely slow, and there really isn't anything worth leveling up for, since you can just unlock everything at anytime. You aren't really rewarded for your effort. The new modes aren't much to speak of either. This game truly feels like a DLC for another CoD... and no, I am not a Battlefield lover. I do not play Battlefield, so I can't compare the two games. Overall, if you must play this, rent it, do NOT pay full price for this, it is not worth it!
on February 18, 2015
I think the criticism of this game is a little uncalled for. I was awaiting the delivery of it from Amazon and expecting an absolute disaster. Granted on first play I had a few issues with the disc (I believe it needed the update) and the play jumped all over the place making it pretty much unplayable.

However, after update (and the boring first 10 minutes of gameplay) the thing took off and I actually not only really enjoyed the storyline, but also the excellent gameplay.

I played all the COD games back in the day when I had my XBox and XBox 360. I got back into it with the PS4 as a casual gamer.

This game is far superior to those early incarnations in almost every way... the graphics in parts of the game are mind-blowing, especially the lighting effects (some parts of the game drop below that standard however, true, like the tank battles)...

The in-game character modelling is exceptional (e.g. multiple behaviours of foes, lifelike movements etc.) and the sheer variety of gameplay (stealth, all-out shooter, helicopters, remote rockets, jungle, tank, dog) is just what I'd look for in a game.

Granted I cannot comment on multiplayer, which doesn't interest me... A saw a lot of reviews saying it's been broken since day one so I can't comment.

I have a lot of shooters for the PS4 (COD Advanced Warfare, Wolfenstein, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid and Last of Us)... Honestly, this is up there in terms of being the one I had most fun on.

I do have some criticisms of the game and they are that some elements (e.g. the Space scenes at start and near end, and the very last level on the train) seem like rushed afterthoughts... especially the latter which is over in just a few minutes without any real enjoyment or satisfaction). The middle levels are the best where you get to explore the jungle, use helicopters and so on and I wish they'd filled out the game with more content at that quality.

In conclusion and If like me you're looking for a fun shooter, with awesome atmospheric gameplay and a fun story, I highly recommend this game. For approx $20 these days, it's a steal.
on May 10, 2014
Where do I start? Although I'm more of a Battlefeild guy, I still enjoy the Call Of Duty series unlike the one track minded fanboys of both respective titles. Therefore, I won't be giving you a biased review like some who haven't even played the game.

Let's get the campaign mode out of the way... Could this possibly be the worst campaign of any game? Probably not, but the way each mission ends so abruptly feels like it was rushed and the developers just didn't give a damn. All in all, it's just more of the same. If you've played every other COD, Ghosts will feel more than familiar. Not only are a lot of the action set pieces identical, but you feel like you've played this game before. I also wish they'd stop trying to do sci-fi. Just with the present era or a few years forward. The future warfare crap just doesn't appeal to me and obviously, they can't seem to let go of it judging by the next installment in the series. One more thing... the dog is supposed to be this new innovative addition to the series. Well, it's not. You rarely use him and honestly, I'm okay with that.

As for the Multiplayer, the only thing that has going for it is the costumization of your character. Nice touch there. But your selection of weapons is crap, limited and very unbalanced. Thank god there's no target finder, but there's something else that sort of replaces it as far as the accessory of b!tches is concerned. The maps are horrible save for maybe one and the game modes don't really offer anything new. Once again, COD's multiplayer takes the crown of cheater friendly and safe haven for hackers. When someone racks up 101 kills and only 1 death...
on October 21, 2016
Played this one on XBOX 360 years ago and now I am repurchasing for my PS4 because it's still my favorite Call of Duty game. Reviews weren't so great but the campaign on this one was fun. The multiplayer alone is worth the purchase because of the extra features: you get a german shepherd that helps you tear down enemies with enough points, you get invincibility mode for 30 seconds that lets you run around and kill without damage..etc]. All around underappreciated game that is meant only for those who appreciate a step forward in a blatantly bland series.
on August 17, 2014
A fun game and the first COD in a while to have an exciting story. Because it was a bit futuristic they could take some leeway with story line and that made for an interesting campaign. Typical COD grinding online play. Really enjoy the alien killing mode. A nice co-op change of pace from the usual COD package.
on April 10, 2017
Came brand new sealed and fast .. 👍🏽💯💯💯n the 🤑👍🏽💯💯
on January 9, 2015
Great game! Very underrated!! I would go as far to say it's the best Call of Duty ever made! Bare in mind I only play single player.
on January 6, 2017
Working great fast shipping
on November 17, 2015
Bought it for my nephew..he can play all day if he was allowed.
on March 30, 2017
Great game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.