Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,966 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,328 reviews
on August 25, 2016
Imagining the destruction of American cities, landscapes and monuments is nothing new. It’s been the crux of three previous Call of Duty games. Ghosts is conceptually different in that it imagines waning American power not as the result of some great calamity, but as a natural decline. Yes, there is also a calamity with big explosions, crumbling buildings and the earth splitting and yawning beneath our feet—sure—but Ghosts makes a point out of mentioning that this was only kicking us when we were already down.
Ghosts begins with us already having been defeated. We don’t play a part in defending Las Vegas against invaders, we only see it after the fact, the once-glamorous casinos slowly reclaimed by the sand. We don’t have a chance to repel an attack on LA (at once our cultural goldmine and void); it’s already been reduced to a crater. More importantly, we get to see that, meanwhile, the enemy is celebrating Federation Day with colorful fireworks over Caracas. We get to see the lights exploding and reflecting in the glass high rises that sprouted from its newfound wealth.
The fantasy of Americans as freedom fighters isn’t new either. I’m very fond of Red Dawn’s Wolverines and less so of Homefront, which tried to make a Call of Duty game out of the same movie. But defending the homestead is one thing, taking the fight out of the country and into a foreign, peaceful city is a completely different matter.
Ghosts takes a Call of Duty player, creates a fiction around him where America is put in the position of many of the countries we fight today (weaker than us, defeated from the sky), and allows him to become what we fear. Given the right conditions, maybe he’ll suddenly find himself empathizing with the enemy whose point of view we rarely consider. What better way for a game to engage with and comment on war without coming off as jingoistic?
on November 18, 2016
This was, at the time of this review, the most intense Call of Duty I have ever played. I don't get some of the hate this game seems to receive. It's part usual COD, part Space Opera. Think of it as Call of Duty meets the Tom Hanks movie Apollo 13 (1995), with violence.

Set in an alternate timeline that follows the nuclear destruction of the Middle East. The oil-producing nations of South America, led by Venezuela, form "the Federation" in response to the ensuing global economic crisis and quickly grow into a global superpower, swiftly invading and conquering Central America, the Caribbean, and Mexico.

PROS
- Solid graphics
- Solid voice cast, including Brandon Routh and Stephen Lang
- Fast paced action and combat
- Interesting, and somewhat, original story.
- It feels more like this game is likely set in an Alternate Continuity from the rest of most of the Call of Duty games set in the same canon.
- Extinction Mode. Anything better than the Zombies. This ain't the Walking Dead!
- Great selections of DLCs to purchase.

CONS
- Same repetitiveness of everything: mostly multiplayer.

Although I have bought my own copy of the game 2 years ago (my brother got his as soon as it came out), this was the only non-Black Ops (or Modern Warfare) Call of Duty title I enjoyed playing, mostly for the Campaign/Story mode. Even new title, its basically the same old, same old as most Call of Duty titles. They say the games seem new once executed on paper but once you start playing it, you get the exact same thing over and over again and I get that. This is legitimately the final Call of Duty game I will ever put my hands on playing. I'm not interested in playing what installments that have come out after it. I moved on to Battlefield.

Who you gonna call? Call of Duty! I mean, Military Ghosts!
on June 1, 2016
I used to be a huge Gamestop fan, however, getting roped into a yearly subscription to get a so-called "discount" kept getting old. Not to mention, since having kids and getting a boat I haven't had much time to sit down a play a console game. But, on rare occasion, I get the itch to play and given I don't want to run out and spend $20 for a 5 year old game, I turn to Amazon because typically, I can find the same game for a fraction of the cost compared to Gamestop or a big box retailer.

Ease/price of purchase aside, I'm a huge Call of Duty fan. I've played every COD on newer consoles and really have no complaints. I've never been into online play, so I usually get the game for the Campaign. COD Ghosts was a lot of fun to play. The setting/environment was a little weird at first, but I quickly got into the story line. Of course, I always wish the campaigns would be a little longer, but the length of Ghosts is satisfying.
I'm not a tech geek or a game geek, but I do enjoy playing the online war games, despite my ripe old age of 51. LOL
I love all of the Call of Duty games and it is pretty much the only game I play lately.

Sure, it's different than the others. They are always a bit different each time a new one comes out and it takes some getting used to. The frustration of trying to figure out the new platforms can cause many people to rush in and place a negative review before they take the time to work out all of the new changes to the game. I've felt the same way each time, but then I eventually get used to it and like it until the next version comes out. Ha!

Now if I could only get a Playstation 4! :)
on March 16, 2017
The game has a very dynamic campaign, the story is up to whoever likes it on how it goes, the extinction mode is entertaining and surprisingly the game still have some players for multiple game modes online, more advanced in characters features like sliding, wall vault animation and also dynamic maps, The cons relies on multiplayer users due to the tedious camping by most players and the reason of a quick characters death and some confusing and bigger maps than the usual, pointstreaks aren't as spectacular as others of previous titles, but still good.
on July 20, 2014
Terrible graphics! You can't see anyone until you basically run up on them and they've already killed you. The "zombies" part is aliens this time and is a terrible game and map. But the one redeeming part to the whole game is playing infected. I absolutely love that game. But unfortunately its the only one I ever play because of the crappy graphics.
on March 19, 2014
I'm not a gamer but my son is and he has given this game two enthusiastic thumbs up! even his 19 year old sister (who is a bookworm, not a gamer) loves this game! Parents beware of the graphic nature of this game. It has blood and death and language issues. I would not recommend for immature teens or anyone under 14 for sure.
on January 14, 2014
This game is not as bad as everyone seems to make out. I am not entirely sure what people expect from gaming system or developers? If people want realism that badly, get off your behind and join the services and go to some hell hole.

The game stays true to the franchise and was playable, end of!
on January 4, 2014
I ordered this game for my daughter for Christmas, she really likes it but we found out that there is supposed to be some kind of Zombie level on the game and it was missing from this game, according to other players of the game the zombie section it almost 25% of the game. So i'm no sure if I would recommend this or not, kinda feel cheated.
on June 11, 2015
Have you ever bought a gift & then felt regret?? If not, buy this game for your boyfriend then say buh bye because it'll be awhile before you see him, ha! Great gift, he loved that I bought this for him!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.