Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 28, 2016
Not a huge gaming fan - just needed a change of game so bought this on a whim. I know this is an old game but hey, I still use a PS3 and can live with the ancient system for a while yet. The game was a little bit too short for my liking. Seemed to end through the full version pretty quickly. And mastering how to across the various missions was pretty easy as well. But overall, while in multiplayer mode, I do enjoy the online foes and different mission environments.
3 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2016
I have played this COD over and over. Ironically, I've played the other COD titles mostly for the campaign, but Ghosts I only played about half the campaign because the online play and Squad play is so fun! I luvv being able to create my own squad, customize them, and take them into battle! All subsequent COD games must have this squad customization or they'll be a let down!

Some reviewers have whined about how you can camp out on the maps and they get killed. Boo hoo. How dare the creators of the game make you think, use tactics, and stealth instead of blindly just running and gunning like lunatics!

Maps are great, graphics are sharp, and the level of customization at the Squad level impressive. The only feature I would like added is the ability to control the Squad or maybe be able to switch between them at will.

Highly recommended. A
2 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2016
To start, my dad bought this for his XBONE and I played it a bit on there for a while. Recently I just bought Ghosts for my Ps3 and so I already had some prior experience with it. I'll be blunt, I have seen much of the campaign through my dad playing it and as such, I will personally be very unlikely to play through it myself. I bought this specifically for offline and online MP with my sister. When I first played Ghosts, it was offline as I didn't want to wait for a 533 MB update at the time. My sister and I played a few maps, decided on our loadouts and experimented around until we found a few guns we liked. It was easy to get a hang on the controls as it played similarly to UT3 and Borderlands, both of which we have played together. As it were, we were playing against bots. The bots are generally very well organized AI units, with a few issues. They tend to hoard you, the friendly ones that is, if you have an ammo crate in the area, this can make it hard to get around and hard to aim across a room, hall, etc. I can't explain the frustration I felt when I was trying to snipe down a long walkway on Strikezone only to see all of our AI team mates standing right in my sight, desperately shoving eachother for a new weapon at an ammo crate my sister tossed down. The enemy AI can be a little cheap and very unrealistic. One example I was sniping from a building on Warhawk and one notable AI, which hadn't "seen" me yet, turned 180 from behind a truck and shot several times from yards upon yards away into the wall I was standing behind. I watched the killcam and was shocked to see he was using an assault rifle with no scope, ADS, and could barely even see the window I was near. It was obviously very bizarre. Other times you will find that you go to walk around a corner to an AI that is shooting at you before you even finish going around it. Or you spawn back right next to an AI that is immediately aware of your presence. Sniping is also a chore as, even with a silencer and EVERY stealth related perk, I still seem to be found by the AI with relative ease. Moving on, the game modes are fantastic. Many, many modes to play, and great maps to choose from. The weapon selection and customization is also vast. And with the perks, you can really build a specific character. We only recently gained access to online MP, as the update was rather slow. I have played online MP before, but it was on my dad's XBONE, and he had already purchased many guns, attachments, etc. I was overall not thrilled by my initial choices of items. I disliked many of the default guns I was being forced to use, and I couldn't even enjoy any attachments. I know my sister will be very disappointed as well. The squad points are the reason I felt I needed to bump off a star on my review. I just don't like having to deal with default items and not have much choice in the matter as to what you can use. Especially playing online, I want to be at my best, and I cannot do that if I am given guns and items that I am either unfamiliar with, not good with, or simply do not like. It's a major fault that needed to be mentioned I think. We may skip out on online MP for now to try out extinction. Again, I have played extinction before, and so I know the gist of it. I must say, it is VERY fun. I love little horror-type elements being added and the feel of the mode is very intense and desperate. As it goes on it gets increasingly more intense and you have to work efficiently to survive and succeed. One addition of note is the Free Fall map, which I had prior experience playing. I was pleased that I was able to obtain it through the update and can't wait to enjoy it with my sister next time we play. Back to MP, I wanted to make light of a few of the many positive or negative effects of various elements we found while playing. One major positive is the killstreak system. The rewards can be immensely useful and can easily sway the match in your favor. Along with that goes the field orders you can complete for items that you may not have access to normally. There is one item that is particularly intense. The K.E.M Strike. It completely changed the way we fought on Strikezone, and forced us to change our playstyle to adapt to the new environment. It had both positive and negative effects. While I had several kills with it, I lost my sniping area and never really found another suitable area to replace it. My sister disliked it at first, as the map was totally different, and it was hard to adjust to the new areas that enemies could see you from that they couldn't have before. But as you adjust to it, you settle into a playstyle that suits the situation. I would also note that I have had absolutely zero experience with any other CoD game, so that could factor into my views on Ghosts. All that said, I would gladly give Ghosts a solid 4 stars overall.
on May 22, 2014
Popped it into the PS3 the day it arrived and was completely blown away - by how bad the graphics displayed on my HD plasma screen TV. The graphics were absolutely horrible - it was like a 5 year step back in time. I couldn't believe a game this expensive in 2013 would be released with graphics quality this low.

We already had BF4 for a few days before this, and played about 10 minutes worth of this game when I asked my son which game he preferred. He said BF4. I promptly ejected the disk, put it back in the box it arrived in and shipped it back.

Understand that I had played every iteration of COD on PS3 since MW3 and LOVED it, though BLOPS2 was a real test in patience given network lag issues and how those with the best connections were penalized for it, while those using free wifi cheeseburger net were being rewarded by getting a network boost. By the time this game came out, I was looking for a reason to cut back on my FPS gaming time, and since we had BF4, this one gave me the excuse I needed to drop a title.

I realize now the code for this game is optimized for PS4 which I now have, and I do miss the ability to split screen with my son, but the value just wasn't there on opening day and I returned it. For the few minutes we played, it seemed like more of the same run and gun type of gameplay we are all used to seeing in this franchise, which can be fun. Compared to BF4, the COD series generally offer a faster pace of play, and with the exception of S&D, instant respawn.

Not bad, but not worth $60-70.
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 30, 2014
I really enjoy playing this game. I saw a lot of negative reviews, but I figured since I have liked all of the other COD games, I would like this one too. Plus for $20, it seemed like a great deal. I bought 2 copies of the game, one for me and one for my boyfriend since we both like to play online with each other. I really like that there are so many options for customizing your character and all of the different weapons and attachments you can use and so many perks. I also like how large the maps are. I haven't tried all of them yet, but the ones I have tried are great. I typically play the Free for all mode and I think the bots are more difficult to beat in this game than before so it is definitely more of a challenge.

One thing that I don't like is that I can't connect to a LAN party like I could in the other games to play online. My boyfriend and I found a fix though and if you play online and set the game to private and invite other people, you can still do the LAN type game there.

My game has froze a few times, but I don't think it's the game. I think it is my PS3. I've had the same issue with every game i've played, so I can't blame the game for that.

Overall I really enjoy this game and I'm excited to buy the expansion packs once I've played the game for awhile!
on November 30, 2016
This is one of the more mediocre games I've played in my life. I knew this had questionable reviews when it released in 2013, and has largely been considered one of the worst Call of Duty games to be released. I agree with this sentiment. However, it's worth noting that the worst Call of Duty is still an average game. Just about every CoD plays well and has enjoyable moments here and there; it just happens that the ones in this game are few and far between. The campaign is fun enough to play, although the cliffhanger ending is even more disappointing now that it doesn't seem like the Ghosts series will be moving forward. My real issue is with the multiplayer - the true meat of a CoD game. The maps are sprawling and poorly laid out, the guns feel flat, the TTK is so fast that I usually don't have a chance to fight back before I get killed. It's just not very fun, especially stacked up against the Black Ops and Modern Warfare games. Overall, it's a pretty amazingly average title. Worth a look if it's cheap (I bought it because it was under $10) but don't expect much!
on May 9, 2014
Call of Duty Ghosts is outstanding and a refreshment of creativity to the series! Now I have to admit at first I expected Ghosts to be redundant as its predecessors until I started playing the campaign. The campaign is really that good! I also want to note that I'm one of the few who plays Call of Duty for the campaign only and rarely play online. But here is my take on the pros and cons of the game:

PROS:
-Refreshed and invigorating campaign
-Larger maps
-Destructive and interactive environments
-Outer space, land, and ocean combat
-User control of vehicles (tanks and planes)
-Newer guns
-In depth knowledge of war tactics (submarine sonar pulses that kill nearby divers)
-Squad Modes (instead of playing online you can generate a created team offline to battle another created team of your choice)

CONS:
-Short campaign

-Lack of war wisdom quotes ("Friendly fire - isn't... I don't know with what weapons WWIII will be fought with but I know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones... etc.)

-Small font and disabled subtitles

-Dorky/immature looking animations

-Some unrealistic physics (A helicopter swaying 2,000 feet side wards in less than a second to avoid missiles... a guard dog jumping 30 feet in the air, biting and killing the pilot, and then safely jumping out landing on all fours before the helicopter crashes... a marine falling through the roof of a building landing back first and walks away without any broken bones... space fighters slamming into debris and somehow surviving with open wounds and a cracked face shield in outer space)

-Lack of diversified explicit language (I'm sure "holy s word... holy s word... holy s word..." isn't the only strong language marines use in combat. Given the plethora of curse words in the ending song of Ghosts I'm surprised that they didn't add more realistic language in the game besides "s word, holy s word, and one scene of "you m.f.!" The language felt scripted and lacked emotional fluidity."

I feel at times that COD Ghosts caters a little too much to 8-13 year olds. It's hard to take the game serious at times when space fighters look like they're wearing diapers floating in space and over the top childish animations defy reality. With all of that being said the game is well balanced and a fun refreshment for the series! I personally would like to see the Ghosts franchise catered more to adults while other COD games cater to younger crowds.

I highly recommend you buy this game! This game is what it should be... fun.
2 people found this helpful
on February 6, 2015
I haven't experienced the problems that the older reviews highlight, which leads me to believe the patches worked. Once the priced dropped down to a reasonable level (that starts with twelve), I had to grab Ghosts, and I'm really glad I did. As a committed BO2 player, I was worried, but now I can definitely say that I really like the changes. The new multiplayer game types add a nice variety to the mix, and don't feel like old recycled levels from previous versions of COD. I also appreciate that you can choose any attachments and perks, as long as you're willing to spend your "squad points" that you earn as you play, or you can wait to unlock most extras if you prefer.

I'm not in love with a few of the level layouts; some feel too fragmented for me to enjoy (Free Fall, in particular), and I find the gimmick of "blowing up" some of the levels more annoying that enjoyable.

That said, I'm currently addicted to this game and am having a blast playing it. Order some pizza, grab a six pack, strap on your headphones, and get ready to stay up all night.
on January 14, 2015
This game is really good game, the only thing that is bad about it is the marksman class. What was great about it was all the different types of perks and barrel attachments.

The campaign has great graphics and good game play, although I do wish they would have kept the pick what you want to use before each mission.

The MP is awesome, thanks to gun game. It also has a great selection of weapons, of course the sub machine guns still did rule this game. This game does still include 2 player offline, if that is what you do.

Here is the rating for each weapons class:

Assault rifles: All of the assault rifles are good, and you can change them to burst, semi, or fully automatic. For some odd reason when you change an assault rifle to semi auto it becomes a two to three shot kill.

Sub machine guns: You can't go wrong with any of them except the CBJ-MS, which absolutely sucks. The vector for this games has less fire rate than the BO2 one, which makes it more accurate and easier to control. They also switched the Mtar-X to the sub machine gun class, it fire rate is also slow but can be fixed with rapid fire. Best attachment for the smg class: foregrip

Sniper Rifles: All of the bolt-action snipers are great, but the semi-auto are terrible. There is an extra attachment that only the snipers have available: the chrome lined barrel. The chrome lined barrel increases damage and kick. So with the combo of FMJ and the chrome barrel, both bolt action snipers become one-shot kill machines. The Lynx is absolutely the worst sniper ever! Supposedly it some type of huge caliber, so it has a lot of kick but any sort of damage compared to the kick. The other semi-auto is almost better because it already comes with a silencer.
Best attachment for the sniper class: FMJ or the Thermal site

Light Machine Guns: The LSAT is absolutely the best LMG in this game, on the other side is the chain saw. I have no idea why they included it in this game, it is completely worthless. The m27 is not a bad LMG, but you have to have rapid fire to go with, since it fires super slow for an LMG.
Same with the Ameli, which goes crazy when you fire it, it is definitely not useful in longer range fights.
The best attachment for the LMG class: Fore grip

Shotguns: This class I can't choose between the FP6 and the Tac12 both are pump. The bulldog is a very wimpy and not worth using. The MTS-225 has a lot of kick and still does not have that much damage. One thing that separates the Tac 12 from the FP6 is that it has a smart choke which means that when you ADS you get a tighter spread. All of the shotguns can come with a slug attachment, which is not very useful. Best attachment for shoguns: Fore grip

I am not going over the marksman class because I didn't mess with it that much.

Pistols: The Gold PDW is the best but you have to prestige or something like that to get it. But the P226 is the best pistol that does not require anything but levels. The regular PDW is really bad mainly because it is burst fire, and a has a pause between each burst, and reloading takes a long time. The M9A1 is just a bb gun same with the Grach but the Grach is a little better. The 44 Magnum is fine with iron sites, but with an ACOG it literately cannot shoot straight.
Best attachment for pistols: Extended mags(not available on the 44)

I did enjoy the Extinction once, but didn't want to play it again.

Overall this game is a step in the right direction and is better than BO2
on May 7, 2015
Giving this 5 Stars mainly because I got it for $9. Story is different from previous CODs but once you get into the action it is hard to distinguish. Online and extinction mode are refreshing though. I only had a brief play with extinction since I am so late to this party. Online, the "new" perks system (in 2013 anyways) shakes things up a bit. I really like how you can earn perks progressively or spend squad points to unlock what you really want early. I am only a level 16 online after and handful of days playing but it seems you earn squad points enough to keep unlocking guns and attachments regularly. Even after several years there are still enough people on the servers to keep matchmaking relatively painless. There were 1 or 2 times I had to wait a few minutes to find a lobby. However, there are some game modes that virtually no one is playing anymore. The staples like TDM and domination are populated enough. The visuals are hard to judge though since I got it on PS3 and have had a PS4 for awhile now. They seem to be on par with MW3 with are relatively good considering my 2015 entry to this game.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.