Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox 360” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 74% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- A brand new Call of Duty Universe
- The next generation of multiplayer
- Introduction of a new next-gen engine
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Outnumbered and Outgunned, but Not Outmatched
Call of Duty: Ghosts is an extraordinary step forward for one of the largest entertainment franchises of all-time. This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a new dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Fueling this all new Call of Duty experience, the franchise’s new next-gen engine delivers stunning levels of immersion and performance, all while maintaining the speed and fluidity of 60 frames-per-second across all platforms.
Single Player Campaign
Ten years after a devastating mass event, America’s borders and the balance of global power have changed forever. As what’s left of the nation’s Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as “Ghosts” leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. A New Call of Duty Universe: For the first time in franchise history, players will take on the underdog role with Call of Duty: Ghosts; outnumbered and outgunned, players must fight to reclaim a fallen nation in an intensely personal narrative. Gamers will get to know an entirely new cast of characters and visit locales in a changed world unlike anything seen in Call of Duty before.
In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don’t just create a class, you create a soldier, a first for the franchise. In the new Create-A-Soldier system, players can change the physical appearance of their soldier by choosing the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty game, the player can also choose their gender. With 20,000 possible combinations, this is the most flexible and comprehensive character customization in Call of Duty history. New dynamic maps are the evolution of multiplayer. They include interactive elements and player triggered events that make the environment evolve as each match goes on. The entire landscape can shift and force players to change tactics and strategies. Call of Duty: Ghosts introduces new tactical player movements. The new contextual lean system now allows players to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. The new mantling system allows fluid movement over objects, while maintaining momentum. The knee slide allows for a natural transition from sprinting crouching to prone. Call of Duty: Ghosts delivers over 20 NEW Kill Streaks in Call of Duty: Ghosts - such as Juggernaut Maniac, the Helo Scout, the Vulture and the ODIN Strike. Players can even bring in guard dog Riley, from the single-player campaign, to protect and also to attack enemies. There are also over 30 NEW weapons, including an entirely new weapon class: Marksman Rifles.
Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode. This mode takes the best parts of the multiplayer experience and allows you to play either solo or cooperatively with the custom soldiers created and leveled up in multiplayer. The load-out choices you make for your Squad members will directly change the AI behavior of your squad-mates. Give your soldier a sniper rifle and he’ll behave like a sniper, and an SMG guy will be more run and gun.
A completely new one to four player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling. Teamwork and communication are essential when playing Extinction, as your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.
Top customer reviews
- Bigger maps, makes domination flow better.
- Create a class system like BO2, just a little worse.
- Feels like there is more variation than BO2 had.
- MW3 feel.
- A bit different than the previous CoD games.
The down-right bad:
- Damage model, it's absolute garbage. You'll die before you even get to react.
- the weapons are unbalanced, it's like they didn't even try.
- Squad point system. I'd prefer a level based system, yes the quad point system makes it a more even playing field but not if you have over powered weapons and a bad damage model, so this is bad only because of the previous 2 issues.
- Spawn system, not a surprise since I experienced this in MW3 which was my 1st CoD game, they just don't take a hit.
- Match making system, again not a surprise...It's a great idea to put idiots with people who know what their doing, that's truly "balanced".
- The maps have quite similar themes compared to BO2 and MW3, not sure if intended or not...but going to say it's not for the moment.
The absolutely ugly:
- Mechanics, this may not be a problem for everyone as they may not understand this issue fully...but trust me when I say this is bad. It's not nearly as bad as BO2's mechanics but when I throw a grenade and someone walks right on it I expect it to at least hit, instead I could have teammates around me and have a grenade land behind me and I'd be the only one to die. Also, I just unlocked the MSBS (the best assault weapon in the game) and of course as always it works better for anyone else but me, 1-2 bursts for everyone else...and 2-5 bursts for me...if it hits.
- Physics...no one should be able to jump over a wall or obstacle and kill me while doing it. Let alone have the ability to move around and hit me with a sniper while my bullets don't exist at all. This was also always an issue for me.
The bad and the ugly are still the same from even MW3, this game has not improved AT ALL at this point. I shall await a patch and update. I would not recommend purchasing this game at this moment as it's MW3 with slightly updated maps. I give it a 2 star because it's refreshing and I know it has potential, that's it.
For what it's worth I do like the Black Ops versions of this game series.
I wasn't enthralled with the campaign mode, but then I never am; it's always so clear in call of duty where the "triggers" are in a level. You can sit in one place all day and fire rounds to your heart's content, but the enemy will keep respawning until you move up 5 feet behind that other jeep. It ends up feeling like a really cheap experience that encourages you to just run and gun. It is what it is, I guess.
Multiplayer is obviously the biggest draw for this one. Although there are many more options and perks, I find it less enjoyable than the past versions. It's far too easy for someone to kill you--you seem to take about half the damage as in previous games, which makes for very quick turnover and some rapid score upsets. I could easily get 8-10 kill streaks in MW3, but in this game, you're lucky if you get 5 unless the matchmaking happened to be really unbalanced.