Top critical review
More up to date review (Dom/360/MP)
on November 6, 2013
The review I posted on the 6th was with only 1 day of experience (obviously) now that it has been out 1 week My opinion has changed. Again, I played purely domination as that is my favorite game mode and I really can't be asked to play any other modes.
- Bigger maps, makes domination flow better.
- Create a class system like BO2, just a little worse.
- Feels like there is more variation than BO2 had.
- MW3 feel.
- A bit different than the previous CoD games.
The down-right bad:
- Damage model, it's absolute garbage. You'll die before you even get to react.
- the weapons are unbalanced, it's like they didn't even try.
- Squad point system. I'd prefer a level based system, yes the quad point system makes it a more even playing field but not if you have over powered weapons and a bad damage model, so this is bad only because of the previous 2 issues.
- Spawn system, not a surprise since I experienced this in MW3 which was my 1st CoD game, they just don't take a hit.
- Match making system, again not a surprise...It's a great idea to put idiots with people who know what their doing, that's truly "balanced".
- The maps have quite similar themes compared to BO2 and MW3, not sure if intended or not...but going to say it's not for the moment.
The absolutely ugly:
- Mechanics, this may not be a problem for everyone as they may not understand this issue fully...but trust me when I say this is bad. It's not nearly as bad as BO2's mechanics but when I throw a grenade and someone walks right on it I expect it to at least hit, instead I could have teammates around me and have a grenade land behind me and I'd be the only one to die. Also, I just unlocked the MSBS (the best assault weapon in the game) and of course as always it works better for anyone else but me, 1-2 bursts for everyone else...and 2-5 bursts for me...if it hits.
- Physics...no one should be able to jump over a wall or obstacle and kill me while doing it. Let alone have the ability to move around and hit me with a sniper while my bullets don't exist at all. This was also always an issue for me.
The bad and the ugly are still the same from even MW3, this game has not improved AT ALL at this point. I shall await a patch and update. I would not recommend purchasing this game at this moment as it's MW3 with slightly updated maps. I give it a 2 star because it's refreshing and I know it has potential, that's it.