Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 6, 2013
The review I posted on the 6th was with only 1 day of experience (obviously) now that it has been out 1 week My opinion has changed. Again, I played purely domination as that is my favorite game mode and I really can't be asked to play any other modes.

The good:

- Bigger maps, makes domination flow better.

- Create a class system like BO2, just a little worse.

- Feels like there is more variation than BO2 had.

- MW3 feel.

- A bit different than the previous CoD games.

The down-right bad:

- Damage model, it's absolute garbage. You'll die before you even get to react.

- the weapons are unbalanced, it's like they didn't even try.

- Squad point system. I'd prefer a level based system, yes the quad point system makes it a more even playing field but not if you have over powered weapons and a bad damage model, so this is bad only because of the previous 2 issues.

- Spawn system, not a surprise since I experienced this in MW3 which was my 1st CoD game, they just don't take a hit.

- Match making system, again not a surprise...It's a great idea to put idiots with people who know what their doing, that's truly "balanced".

- The maps have quite similar themes compared to BO2 and MW3, not sure if intended or not...but going to say it's not for the moment.

The absolutely ugly:

- Mechanics, this may not be a problem for everyone as they may not understand this issue fully...but trust me when I say this is bad. It's not nearly as bad as BO2's mechanics but when I throw a grenade and someone walks right on it I expect it to at least hit, instead I could have teammates around me and have a grenade land behind me and I'd be the only one to die. Also, I just unlocked the MSBS (the best assault weapon in the game) and of course as always it works better for anyone else but me, 1-2 bursts for everyone else...and 2-5 bursts for me...if it hits.

- Physics...no one should be able to jump over a wall or obstacle and kill me while doing it. Let alone have the ability to move around and hit me with a sniper while my bullets don't exist at all. This was also always an issue for me.

The bad and the ugly are still the same from even MW3, this game has not improved AT ALL at this point. I shall await a patch and update. I would not recommend purchasing this game at this moment as it's MW3 with slightly updated maps. I give it a 2 star because it's refreshing and I know it has potential, that's it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 11, 2015
This is one of my least of the COD games!!!! Why would you mess with something so good and make it so bad!!

I can not comment on the campaign so sorry I did not and usually do not play campaigns but I’m all about the multiplayer and this one sucked!

Too many places and things to camp behind and just wait like a little B! And the spawn are also horrible! You get a spot and you suddenly get people behind you and shoot you in the back!! This also has a stupid amount of lagging!

Their game play is very inconsistent too!
I normally just review the games I play. This was bought for our son. I know it's a mature rated game and he's only 10, but he understands the differences in real-life and video games. That's also why I'm reviewing this a 4 star. I have tried it a few times with him and his friends and personally don't like the game at all. However, him and his friends play it online and they love the online multiplayer part. I've yet to evolve to multiplayer online games. He did play the one player part and said it was okay. So if you're like me and are under a rock when it comes to multiplayer games you can take my advice on this one. It's an average at best one player game and an above-average multiplayer game.

For what it's worth I do like the Black Ops versions of this game series.
on March 14, 2014
Par for the course, I would say.

I wasn't enthralled with the campaign mode, but then I never am; it's always so clear in call of duty where the "triggers" are in a level. You can sit in one place all day and fire rounds to your heart's content, but the enemy will keep respawning until you move up 5 feet behind that other jeep. It ends up feeling like a really cheap experience that encourages you to just run and gun. It is what it is, I guess.

Multiplayer is obviously the biggest draw for this one. Although there are many more options and perks, I find it less enjoyable than the past versions. It's far too easy for someone to kill you--you seem to take about half the damage as in previous games, which makes for very quick turnover and some rapid score upsets. I could easily get 8-10 kill streaks in MW3, but in this game, you're lucky if you get 5 unless the matchmaking happened to be really unbalanced.
on June 27, 2014
Initially I ordered this game because it was backed by a lot of hype and it was assumingly "well received" by the gaming community and trust me, I can certainly see why. when you boot up this game and enter story mode you will be greeted with a crazily happy "outing" with dad but believe me this is about the only time the game has a happy tone to it... or light. Like seriously this game desperately lacks adequate lighting which makes it very difficult to aim and shoot.... which it sort of the point of the game. During your initial game play you will notice how superbly crisp the HD models look and how gorgeous the game looks overall but quite quickly you will realize that the Super HD game is just to make up for the Super Sucky gameplay. The story line is filled with poorly transitioned flashbacks/flashfowards along with plenty of times where you switch POV for no apparent reason. Also, the lack of 3rd Person narration or guidance makes the overall plot hard to follow.

In The End this game has some awesome graphics and an uber fun multiplayer mode but if you are buying this for the story mode, I'd suggest you look elsewhere
on May 11, 2017
It's a worthy game in the long list of Call of Duty games. The gameplay is slick and fast paced. The story is alright for a fps and a CoD game but where it really shines is obviously the multiplayer. Yes you will have to buy some DLC to not wait forever in a lobby but it is well worth it in my opinion.
on January 4, 2014
Every new edition of COD makes me Enjoy the series less and less. While some aspects of this game are enjoyable I feel there are more negative aspects.

Pro: You can have 10 different squad members w/ 10 different load outs
You can just buy what you want to use instead of waiting to unlock
All new maps plus a few new game modes
Decent graphics and knife animation
Semi customizable characters.
Large Maps

Con: Storyline gives very little explanation for why or how things happen
Online you die after 3 or less bullets (takes away from skill of acquiring targets fast instead of Spray & Pray tactic)
Large maps (makes short range weapons almost useless)
Cheap players- Spawn camping, quick scoping, hacked lobbies, potential aim bots (typical online problems)
Lots of weapons and perks but very few are good and some are over powered

I have enjoyed previous COD and could over look some of the flaws and cheap tactics previously but they are too prevalent in this rendition. I doubt I will purchase the next in the series as they are being pumped out too fast now, diluting the market place and the makers care little about consumer complaints because they could either fix the current one or just release the next which every one will flock too to get away from the previous cheap/broken game.
on September 13, 2017
When this game first came out, I got it for my husband. After he retired, he played it until the disc stopped working. I found this on Amazon and ordered it the same day. You have no idea how overjoyed he was when this arrived. Thanks, Amazon!
on February 2, 2014
This review is from my son's feedback of the game. He plays the online version when he plays this game. He likes that you can have the dogs as personal team mate. He also likes some of the guns that are available in the game, along with some of the new maps. The graphics are better than the previous version. He does not like how they set up the online matches, so it's sometimes hard to level up . He would rate this game a 3 since it's just an okay game.
on January 20, 2015
Despite all the haters, this was a great CoD game. The multiplayer was the best it has ever been, and the campaign was quite nice as well, though a bit short. Definitely worth the $13 (last time I checked) buy on Amazon, as people still play MW2, 3, and even the original MW, you can probably expect to be able to play the Ghosts multiplayer for a long time still.

There is also an extremely fun "Extinction" mode (essentially zombies with aliens and an objective, however it plays much better in my opinion and is much more fun), but they only included 1 map with the base game. That was quite a rip off. The other maps were included with the "map pack" DLCs, likely as a way to force you to buy them for that content, knowing that many of us hate map pack DLC and do not wish to pay extra for it, when the price is so outrageous! I refused to purchase the $50 season pass ($60 buying all 4 separate) until it was on sale for $25.

When you look at it objectively, I think people are just nostalgic about the older games. When I think back on them, CoD 4 was always my favorite, but objectively, the games have been progressively getting better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.