Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,516 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,181 reviews
on March 19, 2017
Disk arrived lightly scratched (it skips occasionally in storyline) and dirty (fingerprints and smears). Shipped fast, decent price. Just not impressed with having to clean the disk to get it to work properly.
on November 6, 2013
The review I posted on the 6th was with only 1 day of experience (obviously) now that it has been out 1 week My opinion has changed. Again, I played purely domination as that is my favorite game mode and I really can't be asked to play any other modes.

The good:

- Bigger maps, makes domination flow better.

- Create a class system like BO2, just a little worse.

- Feels like there is more variation than BO2 had.

- MW3 feel.

- A bit different than the previous CoD games.

The down-right bad:

- Damage model, it's absolute garbage. You'll die before you even get to react.

- the weapons are unbalanced, it's like they didn't even try.

- Squad point system. I'd prefer a level based system, yes the quad point system makes it a more even playing field but not if you have over powered weapons and a bad damage model, so this is bad only because of the previous 2 issues.

- Spawn system, not a surprise since I experienced this in MW3 which was my 1st CoD game, they just don't take a hit.

- Match making system, again not a surprise...It's a great idea to put idiots with people who know what their doing, that's truly "balanced".

- The maps have quite similar themes compared to BO2 and MW3, not sure if intended or not...but going to say it's not for the moment.

The absolutely ugly:

- Mechanics, this may not be a problem for everyone as they may not understand this issue fully...but trust me when I say this is bad. It's not nearly as bad as BO2's mechanics but when I throw a grenade and someone walks right on it I expect it to at least hit, instead I could have teammates around me and have a grenade land behind me and I'd be the only one to die. Also, I just unlocked the MSBS (the best assault weapon in the game) and of course as always it works better for anyone else but me, 1-2 bursts for everyone else...and 2-5 bursts for me...if it hits.

- Physics...no one should be able to jump over a wall or obstacle and kill me while doing it. Let alone have the ability to move around and hit me with a sniper while my bullets don't exist at all. This was also always an issue for me.

The bad and the ugly are still the same from even MW3, this game has not improved AT ALL at this point. I shall await a patch and update. I would not recommend purchasing this game at this moment as it's MW3 with slightly updated maps. I give it a 2 star because it's refreshing and I know it has potential, that's it.
on May 14, 2015
I normally just review the games I play. This was bought for our son. I know it's a mature rated game and he's only 10, but he understands the differences in real-life and video games. That's also why I'm reviewing this a 4 star. I have tried it a few times with him and his friends and personally don't like the game at all. However, him and his friends play it online and they love the online multiplayer part. I've yet to evolve to multiplayer online games. He did play the one player part and said it was okay. So if you're like me and are under a rock when it comes to multiplayer games you can take my advice on this one. It's an average at best one player game and an above-average multiplayer game.

For what it's worth I do like the Black Ops versions of this game series.
on March 14, 2014
Par for the course, I would say.

I wasn't enthralled with the campaign mode, but then I never am; it's always so clear in call of duty where the "triggers" are in a level. You can sit in one place all day and fire rounds to your heart's content, but the enemy will keep respawning until you move up 5 feet behind that other jeep. It ends up feeling like a really cheap experience that encourages you to just run and gun. It is what it is, I guess.

Multiplayer is obviously the biggest draw for this one. Although there are many more options and perks, I find it less enjoyable than the past versions. It's far too easy for someone to kill you--you seem to take about half the damage as in previous games, which makes for very quick turnover and some rapid score upsets. I could easily get 8-10 kill streaks in MW3, but in this game, you're lucky if you get 5 unless the matchmaking happened to be really unbalanced.
on June 27, 2014
Initially I ordered this game because it was backed by a lot of hype and it was assumingly "well received" by the gaming community and trust me, I can certainly see why. when you boot up this game and enter story mode you will be greeted with a crazily happy "outing" with dad but believe me this is about the only time the game has a happy tone to it... or light. Like seriously this game desperately lacks adequate lighting which makes it very difficult to aim and shoot.... which it sort of the point of the game. During your initial game play you will notice how superbly crisp the HD models look and how gorgeous the game looks overall but quite quickly you will realize that the Super HD game is just to make up for the Super Sucky gameplay. The story line is filled with poorly transitioned flashbacks/flashfowards along with plenty of times where you switch POV for no apparent reason. Also, the lack of 3rd Person narration or guidance makes the overall plot hard to follow.

In The End this game has some awesome graphics and an uber fun multiplayer mode but if you are buying this for the story mode, I'd suggest you look elsewhere
on March 8, 2014
There were a lot of bad reviews about this game and I was skeptical about buying it,but I was wrong. Cod isn't really known for good campaigns,their multiplayer is what is good. I really like the changes they made,and when I say changes I mean lots,they were all for the better. The game is well balanced,and addicting when playing online. If you are getting this game just for single player only don't buy it,multiplayer is where it's at.
on February 3, 2015
Everyone rips on Ghosts being a terrible game. I find it pretty enjoyable even if the TTK is a little fast. I normally claim to be an MW2 guy, but after playing Ghosts, even MW2 hit detection seems a little off, so good job on that. There are a handful of good multiplayer maps and of course the bad ones everyone votes against.
People have complained about the maps being too big. I don't really see this being an issue. Sounds like a lot of people don't know how to move across a map without running directly through the middle of open areas. Depending what gamemode you play, spawns are meh. If you have a team that knows what they're doing, you can spawn people where you want - which is how it's supposed to be. If you're playing with people that just run and spread out the map, it leaves the game no choice but to offer bad spawns. Sometimes spawns are questionable, but that's usually the players' lack of understanding of spacing.
I dislike the lack of connection bars CoD usually shows in multiplayer games so you can check your connection to the host. Odd that they take it out. I've got good internet so it's fine for me but I have heard many lag complaints.
Haven't played single player but the roommate said it was pretty good.
Overall I enjoy the game - definitely more so than AW. I think a lot of people gave into the hivemind that this game is terrible and don't really form their own opinions. It's $10. I've gotten my monies worth and then some.
on May 11, 2017
It's a worthy game in the long list of Call of Duty games. The gameplay is slick and fast paced. The story is alright for a fps and a CoD game but where it really shines is obviously the multiplayer. Yes you will have to buy some DLC to not wait forever in a lobby but it is well worth it in my opinion.
on January 4, 2014
Every new edition of COD makes me Enjoy the series less and less. While some aspects of this game are enjoyable I feel there are more negative aspects.

Pro: You can have 10 different squad members w/ 10 different load outs
You can just buy what you want to use instead of waiting to unlock
All new maps plus a few new game modes
Decent graphics and knife animation
Semi customizable characters.
Large Maps

Con: Storyline gives very little explanation for why or how things happen
Online you die after 3 or less bullets (takes away from skill of acquiring targets fast instead of Spray & Pray tactic)
Large maps (makes short range weapons almost useless)
Cheap players- Spawn camping, quick scoping, hacked lobbies, potential aim bots (typical online problems)
Lots of weapons and perks but very few are good and some are over powered

I have enjoyed previous COD and could over look some of the flaws and cheap tactics previously but they are too prevalent in this rendition. I doubt I will purchase the next in the series as they are being pumped out too fast now, diluting the market place and the makers care little about consumer complaints because they could either fix the current one or just release the next which every one will flock too to get away from the previous cheap/broken game.
on August 23, 2016
This game is freaking awesome!!! i love it so much and i play it all the time. It arrived so very fast and everything got here in perfect order without any problems. the packaging was great! The main story of the game is awesome and i love it so much. the muiltiplayer is way cool and it lets me play with all my friends as well as other people bindi around the world. its so freaking fun. the maps are awesome and there are so many of them. there are so many ways to custumize your game like swtiching the sights on the guns and the paint jobs. its such a cool game. i feel like this game has really changed my life for ever and ever. thank you so much seller! i will for sure do business with you guys in the future!!!!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.