Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,496 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,159 reviews
on January 4, 2016
This is coming from the perspective of someone who has not bought any of the previous COD games until this one. I know other reviewers who are experienced COD players have criticized the game for various reasons such as familiarity between concepts used in previous games. Whether they are right or wrong, I do not know, but I will say for the first time COD player, this game is a great experience! I played the single player campaign mode under the easiest setting since it was my first time. I can say for the most part that I really enjoyed the campaign experience. The story flows like an actual movie. at times it almost feels like you are actually in the game, and some of the levels are suspenseful and challenging, which is what I enjoy about it. I won't spoil the ending of the story but I do wish it had a different ending. I would've liked to have had a few more challenges added in there to make it feel more like an adventure. I enjoy the various environments that you travel through during the campaign. The audio is great, and the visuals are pretty good too. All around a good experience!
on February 16, 2016
Husband has not stopped playing it since i ordered it. It's a hit. And I suck badly at it. But that is not what matters. He told me, after hours of play, that he dreamed of where he left off, and the men popping out of nowhere as he runs while shooting. I like the use of the dog for attacks and spying. It is cool. He beat the world of war version in one night. So this was one of several games I purchased for Valentines day. No better gift for a brilliant minded man. Who 'over thinks' with everything. And is always right!! I chose this game over other call of duty games because of the reviews. Thank you. Hope this helps the next person.
on March 19, 2017
Disk arrived lightly scratched (it skips occasionally in storyline) and dirty (fingerprints and smears). Shipped fast, decent price. Just not impressed with having to clean the disk to get it to work properly.
on November 6, 2013
The review I posted on the 6th was with only 1 day of experience (obviously) now that it has been out 1 week My opinion has changed. Again, I played purely domination as that is my favorite game mode and I really can't be asked to play any other modes.

The good:

- Bigger maps, makes domination flow better.

- Create a class system like BO2, just a little worse.

- Feels like there is more variation than BO2 had.

- MW3 feel.

- A bit different than the previous CoD games.

The down-right bad:

- Damage model, it's absolute garbage. You'll die before you even get to react.

- the weapons are unbalanced, it's like they didn't even try.

- Squad point system. I'd prefer a level based system, yes the quad point system makes it a more even playing field but not if you have over powered weapons and a bad damage model, so this is bad only because of the previous 2 issues.

- Spawn system, not a surprise since I experienced this in MW3 which was my 1st CoD game, they just don't take a hit.

- Match making system, again not a surprise...It's a great idea to put idiots with people who know what their doing, that's truly "balanced".

- The maps have quite similar themes compared to BO2 and MW3, not sure if intended or not...but going to say it's not for the moment.

The absolutely ugly:

- Mechanics, this may not be a problem for everyone as they may not understand this issue fully...but trust me when I say this is bad. It's not nearly as bad as BO2's mechanics but when I throw a grenade and someone walks right on it I expect it to at least hit, instead I could have teammates around me and have a grenade land behind me and I'd be the only one to die. Also, I just unlocked the MSBS (the best assault weapon in the game) and of course as always it works better for anyone else but me, 1-2 bursts for everyone else...and 2-5 bursts for me...if it hits.

- Physics...no one should be able to jump over a wall or obstacle and kill me while doing it. Let alone have the ability to move around and hit me with a sniper while my bullets don't exist at all. This was also always an issue for me.

The bad and the ugly are still the same from even MW3, this game has not improved AT ALL at this point. I shall await a patch and update. I would not recommend purchasing this game at this moment as it's MW3 with slightly updated maps. I give it a 2 star because it's refreshing and I know it has potential, that's it.
on May 14, 2015
I normally just review the games I play. This was bought for our son. I know it's a mature rated game and he's only 10, but he understands the differences in real-life and video games. That's also why I'm reviewing this a 4 star. I have tried it a few times with him and his friends and personally don't like the game at all. However, him and his friends play it online and they love the online multiplayer part. I've yet to evolve to multiplayer online games. He did play the one player part and said it was okay. So if you're like me and are under a rock when it comes to multiplayer games you can take my advice on this one. It's an average at best one player game and an above-average multiplayer game.

For what it's worth I do like the Black Ops versions of this game series.
on March 14, 2014
Par for the course, I would say.

I wasn't enthralled with the campaign mode, but then I never am; it's always so clear in call of duty where the "triggers" are in a level. You can sit in one place all day and fire rounds to your heart's content, but the enemy will keep respawning until you move up 5 feet behind that other jeep. It ends up feeling like a really cheap experience that encourages you to just run and gun. It is what it is, I guess.

Multiplayer is obviously the biggest draw for this one. Although there are many more options and perks, I find it less enjoyable than the past versions. It's far too easy for someone to kill you--you seem to take about half the damage as in previous games, which makes for very quick turnover and some rapid score upsets. I could easily get 8-10 kill streaks in MW3, but in this game, you're lucky if you get 5 unless the matchmaking happened to be really unbalanced.
on August 5, 2016
Got this for my 12 yr old son, he loves FPS games. I've even played it and although the Xbox controller is harder (for me) than the PS one, it was simple to learn and play. It had nice graphics that seemed to come alive. We are on to getting the next one now!
on January 21, 2014
First off I will say this is probably the worst COD that has ever been released. You can read all the other reviews why, the 2 stars are the rating of the overall game. However my review will go into depth more about the 360 V.s Xbox One version

I purchased an XBOX One on day one. This was the game I purchased to show off the system. I was completely disappointed in the graphics for a next gen system. I literally saw next to no difference between this and the 360 version. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt since I did not own the 360 version or play it yet. Needless to say I ended up returning the Xbox one and getting my money back. Also owned Forza 5, BF4,Assasins Creed 4... I think its a good system however it needs about a year or two to get the games coming out for it. The graphics difference at the moment between the 2 systems is the worst step up I have seen for a next gen jump.Xbox to 360 was a big jump. Ps1 to Ps2 was a big jump, and so on. The difference between the 360 and One are marginal at best. If I showed both games running next to each other, it would be hard to pick out which one was on what system. For the next year I see all the same games coming out for the 360 that I am interested in that are also coming to the XBONE.

Anyways long story short. After about a month of being game less. I decided into getting another 360, I came across a great deal at a local store on a brand new slim Xbox for $118. I couldn't pass it up so I purchased that and picked up Cod Ghosts again. I popped it in today and played it. I saw no noticeable graphics difference between this and the Xbox one version. I actually thought the 360 looked better. I know that does not make sense, but probably the 400 dollars I saved made me feel better about it. I would
recommend holding off on the Xbox one for a little bit. I think they are going to release a version without Kinect for sub 400 this year.
At that point if better games are out it may be worth it then.
on June 27, 2014
Initially I ordered this game because it was backed by a lot of hype and it was assumingly "well received" by the gaming community and trust me, I can certainly see why. when you boot up this game and enter story mode you will be greeted with a crazily happy "outing" with dad but believe me this is about the only time the game has a happy tone to it... or light. Like seriously this game desperately lacks adequate lighting which makes it very difficult to aim and shoot.... which it sort of the point of the game. During your initial game play you will notice how superbly crisp the HD models look and how gorgeous the game looks overall but quite quickly you will realize that the Super HD game is just to make up for the Super Sucky gameplay. The story line is filled with poorly transitioned flashbacks/flashfowards along with plenty of times where you switch POV for no apparent reason. Also, the lack of 3rd Person narration or guidance makes the overall plot hard to follow.

In The End this game has some awesome graphics and an uber fun multiplayer mode but if you are buying this for the story mode, I'd suggest you look elsewhere
on March 8, 2014
There were a lot of bad reviews about this game and I was skeptical about buying it,but I was wrong. Cod isn't really known for good campaigns,their multiplayer is what is good. I really like the changes they made,and when I say changes I mean lots,they were all for the better. The game is well balanced,and addicting when playing online. If you are getting this game just for single player only don't buy it,multiplayer is where it's at.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.