Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on April 8, 2015
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! FINALLY, A VERSION OF CALL OF DUTY THAT I CAN LOAD AND PLAY!! THE GAME PLAY IS AWSOME! THE WEAPONRY IS REALALISTIC, AND THE CONTROLS ARE EASY ENOUGH TO GET THE HANG OF QUICKLY. JUST WISH THERE WERE MORE GAMES OUT THERE THAT DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT REQUIRE A INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL OR PLAY. CHEERS TO ACTIVISION FOR THIS GAME ANYWAYS. KNUCKLE UP, LETS ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!
on December 14, 2013
This was my first foray in pc gaming and it pretty much got me hooked. A lot of wow factor out of the starting block. Now I have several hundred games and several pc up grades and playing BF4, but this game I will always remember, just like that first car. And to boot, there are still people out there that love it and keep it alive on line with all sorts of modded maps and servers. If you are starting out with this sort of immersion you will not be disappointed.
on September 21, 2014
Did not play CoD until MW2, was more into sci-fi games. Can see why people like it, combat is realistic and it's fast moving. This version is still active online. COD4 seems better than later versions. Haven't bought Ghosts so I cannot compare it. COD4 seems to be the gem of the series similar to other games with sequels, it stands out. Doesn't seem to be hackers like later versions either which turned me off for a while (MW2 and MW3) on PC. For better or worse, it's a good game that seems to draw people in by combat realism alone, the rest is only average, not much atmosphere, game play is rather repetitive, not many game modes, DM and TDM.
on February 18, 2014
CoD and Battlefield are the most recognizable names when it comes to FPS and multiplayer FPS. Given I enjoy offline play more, I really only purchase these games for the campaign modes. CoD4: MW was no disappointment. Having played MW2, I felt I needed to get though this game as well. Graphically, its pretty good given its release date. Gameplay/controls will be familiar to anyone who has played a CoD before. I cannot comment on multiplayer as I stated, I do not play these games online.

Install was no a problem. Insert the disc, enter serial code, install, play the game. Simple. I was able to run MW2 on my older machine (Core2duo) without any issues so I knew I wouldn't have any problems with this game on my new machine.
on July 23, 2013
Here are the reasons this game earned my love:

1) The single-player campaign. I played the single-player campaign on easy, and I died in several missions. This made the campaign seem like it was challenging, but not so much that it irritated me. The campaigns were diverse and allowed for diverse gameplay. At times you are a sniper, ghost recon, support, firing from a helicopter, or just plain invading. The story is really creative and throws a lot at you.

2) Multiplayer. Lots of people are still playing online. You can do survival modes against zombies, robots, or prisoners. You can also do team deathmatch or free-for-all. Some of the maps are small, some are large. So it adds a lot of variety. There are also a few mods you can get to make gameplay different.

3) The loadouts. You can pretty much customize what type of soldier you are in this game. That makes gameplay more fun and increases the replay level.
on May 30, 2016
Coming back to play this one was a real joy. The later versions were starting to get a little kooky and this is a return to the traditional intense game play we all loved so well. If it's been a while for you, and it had been a very long time for me since I had played this one -- get it. You'll be having a blast all over again. Played at Veteran difficulty level, this game will really come after you. It looks and plays real nice.
on October 22, 2016
The copy I received was 1.0, you will need to get patched up to 1.7 for multi-player to find where all the people are playing. Still lots of servers and players on 1.7. Game plays as smooth as silk with modern hardware. Their are some hackers here and there but really good community overall. Only deducting a star for me having to patch the game when it should be sold with 1.7
on September 21, 2014
Loved almost everything about the game. It is wonderfully detailed down to the heat wave of gas coming out of the barrels of guns. It tended to play a bit choppy but I think that says more about my ancient computer than it does the game. The only shortcoming I saw was it (the story) seemed fairly short compared to say COD 2. However I found the plot very interesting and love how it was carried out. I still love this game and will continue to play it time and again.
on May 11, 2011
I usually don't get around to reviewing a game but this was so frustrating I had to write. I played the original COD 1 and 2 and really liked them. This one makes me follow guys around and treats me like a child. "Crouch" it says. "Throw a grenade now" it says. "Good job, you are awesome!" it says in one of several European accents.

But the real problem was half way through, which is as far as I got. On Mission 11 of 18, I'm behind some Scottish sniper telling me to follow him exactly... NOW! He takes off running and I follow him but we "get spotted." We get restarted over and over. I should mention that I'm damn good at games!

I check a walk through, even a video one, and it doesn't seem I'm doing anything differently than the video. I try about 10 more times and uninstall the game.

The game looks really good and has great motion capture (player animation). But it's all ruined by being treated like a child by the game and, what must be, a broken script in the middle mission.
on July 22, 2011
Single player loaded and boots right up. Plays smooth no problems on win7. About half my stuff has issues with win7 on my new i7 2600. Nice to know it works.

This is coop all the way. Mapping your own controls works well on pc. It does treat you a bit like an idiot. Go there, hurry up, you are an idiot. I like the lone wolf approach better. Give me an objective and I will get it done.

The coop is kind of cool in that you can charge in, known enemies on the flanks, and your teammates will clean up behind you.

Online will not boot up. I bought it for single player but it should work. Not sure what happened but I turned down the punkbuster install and I don't know if there is a connection. Don't care either.

Mildly entertaining and not full price and NO DRM planting crap deep in my new comp. That sold me right there. I still don't trust EA. They got into my Pentium D with Crysis and Red alert 3. I had no idea it was that invasive. Crooked corporation of stooges. Stoopid monkeys. And it cost them money from me at least no sales of EA stuff since.

3 stars mild fun decent price. Fair bargain.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.