& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Game of the year - The game has secured more than 15 perfect score reviews, and more than 50 combined Editor's Choice and Game of the Year awards
- Free Variety Map Pack - includes a code to download the map pack. The pack includes four new multiplayer maps - Creek, Broadcast, Chinatown, and Killhouse
- Authentic advanced weaponry - With more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear, including assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines,. 50 caliber sniper rifles, machine guns, night-vision goggles, and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare has you locked and loaded to accomplish your mission
- Coordinated assault and support - Rapid deployment gives you an adrenaline rush as you fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship
- Cinematic quality graphics and sound
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some of the Allied Assault team broke off in 2002 to form a new company, Infinity Ward, specifically to address issues like this and ramp up the intensity of the war simulation experience. In late 2003 they launched their own take on the concept, Call of Duty, which went on to eclipse its forebear in critical acclaim. Call of Duty 2 carried on this fine tradition. However, both games still felt limited. CoD2 improved things by sometimes allowing a choice of several different paths to an objective, but there was still none of the freedom being offered that would really benefit the game, and the ingredients were feeling a little stale.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare seeks to update the experience by switching to a near-future setting depicting a Middle-Eastern warlord and a mental Russian agent teaming up to launch a nuclear attack on the United States and 'reclaim' both their countries for Team Crazy.Read more ›
ACTIVISION proved it had the guts to break with the mold it had made its CALL OF DUTY franchise a huge success. CoD4 is set in a (fictional) present in which American and British agents are called upon to stop a Russian plutocrat with Soviet-nostalgia and terrorist aspirations.
The weapons are new, the gameplay is inventive, the graphics are realistic, the settings are beautiful - a great game all together! And the GOTY edition comes prepatched and runs like a dream.
Call of Duty 4 is a fantastic game, from the single player to the multiplayer. I am mainly writing this review to clear up the misconception that Amazon is perpetrating that this game is only for Windows XP in order for you to buy the more expensive $59.99 version of this game. The back cover of the DVD case clearly says that this game is for Windows XP and Vista.
For those not familiar with other fps (first person shooters) this is one of the best out there. You carry a main gun, a sidearm, grenades, and a knife. You can swap out your main gun if you find something better, and you can also swap out your pistol if you come across a gun you like better- like a P-90, or the classic AK-47. The knife is used for melee attacks, which are as underdeveloped as any game like this. Just hit the other person before he hits you, and you're good. Throwing a grenade isn't as easy as it sounds- they bounce. And ene,my personnel, just like you, can pick up a grenade and throw it back if they get to it in time. Their are smoke grenades, flashbang grenades, and frag grenades (the best kind). The rest of the gameplay (i.e. shooting) is very cool. While sniping you need to keep track of range and wind conditions- and believe me, on all but the easiest setting this actually matters! Also, it can take several bullets depending on the gun being used to kill someone. A P-90 takes a few bullets more than your standard assault rifle.
You play as either one of two characters depending on the mission at hand: British S.A.S. Commando Sergeant 'Soap' MacTavish, or United States Marine Sergeant Paul Jackson.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My well-behaved sons who like to kill zombies and face off with the enemy love this.Published 1 day ago by Mary H. Brauninger
Don't bother. Couldn't get to work, and I do this stuff ALL day long. I'm used to having to patch old game software, but COD4 is a bit rediculous. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer
Coming back to play this one was a real joy. The later versions were starting to get a little kooky and this is a return to the traditional intense game play we all loved so well. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Richard G.
This game runs great on windows10. I had no issues installing or updating all the patches. Gameplay on multiplayer is the best! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jane.k75