+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
There is a newer version of this item:
About the product
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements
- New cooperative SpecOps mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare's single player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer
- Special Ops Mode allows two players, either alone or with a friend, to engage in unique mission play and features split-screen functionality.
- Modern Warfare 2 contains new and updated weapons, new weapons attachments, and a variant of the multiplayer weapons customization system
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
On November 10, 2009, acclaimed developer Infinity Ward will make its return with the release of Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to the multiple Game of the Year winner Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
852 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-3 of 852 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
MW2 is really fun. Graphics are stunning, gameplay is easy and familiar, and it definitely lives up to the COD brand. So, why 1 star? Because this game has multiple bugs, one of which has essentially rendered it useless for me. Any time I get killed, whether in multiplayer, campaign, or spec ops mode, the game locks up to the point where I have to shut down the PS3, which I'm sure is not good for it. I get the bloody screen, the "motivational" quote, and then that's it. I'm stuck with the quote and blood on the screen and there is no reloading at all. So, I basically have to be perfect and not die at all in order to play any mode of this game. This is utterly unacceptable. I've done multiple searches and found that I am not alone with this problem, and there's basically nothing I can do about it. Thank goodness I paid about 1/3 of the original cost of this game, or else I would be more than just mildly annoyed.
In summation, this game rocks - when I don't die. But when I die, it then turns my PS3 into a large paper weight. Not good, not fun, unacceptable.
- Connectivity issues. The game is hard enough, but when it keeps glitching and even dropping games that really adds to the harassment package. I cannot say enough how aggravating that is.
- The people that cheat or spend way too much time playing the game. The game is supposed to be fun, but some always find a way to cheat and make the online experience miserable rather than fun. You can tell who these people are because they are deep in the prestige ranks. There really should be a setting to screen out the level of players you can go against. I really don't feel like matching up against a bunch of Prestige 10 losers because all they do is play the game.
- Getting "zipped" into a game. You can be waiting to play a board, then you get whisked away into a different board, often well into progress. I don't want to join a game that is already in progress, especially if it is almost over.
-Unrealisticness - I don't know how many times I clearly had the draw or pressed to melee, I get killed, and then the killcam shows a replay like I didn't even do anything! BS!
-I had to turn off the volume for player's headsets. There are people that will not stop talking, playing music in the background, taunting, and just being idiots.
The expansion packs brought some interesting and not so interesting boards.
The sad thing is the experience can be very addictive especially to reach certain streaks, and to attain titles and emblems. This game has gotten me so mad that I smashed it outside one time then bought it again two months later. When you add more months of all the above problems with the online experience I had enough with this game. I'm not sure if I'll try the next one based on the bad experiences with this one.