+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Game of the year - The game has secured more than 15 perfect score reviews, and more than 50 combined Editor's Choice and Game of the Year awards.
- Authentic advanced weaponry - With more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear, including assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines,. 50 caliber sniper rifles, machine guns, night-vision goggles, and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish their mission.
- Coordinated assault and support - Rapid deployment gives gamers an adrenaline rush as they fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship
- Cinematic quality graphics and sound
- Unparalleled depth of multiplayer - Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2, delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Platinum Hits
The Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition delivers the most thrilling combat action experience available. Take on the world as both a U.S. Marine and a British S.A.S. Soldier. Travel across the globe, relying on your wits and weapons to launch all-out assaults and accomplish stealth missions. It's the most up-to-date collection of firepower, machinery and military vehicles in the Call of Duty series. Prepare to experience the sophisticated technology and unbelievable graphics of an incredibly realistic warfare experience.Experience tomorrow's war today in an immersive series of land and air strikes. Get the job done using 70 new advanced weapons. Make it to the next skirmish via choppers, jets and gunships. Conceal yourself and lie in wait with night-vision goggles and ghillie suits, then bust through enemy strongholds in a display of powerful weaponry. Features:
- Authentic weapons include assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, M-249 SAW machine guns and more
- Engage hostiles from above in a thoroughly modern aerial gunship
- Rim lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming and physics-enabled effects add incredible realism
- Rack up experience points to unlock new items and gain perks
- Create-a-class options allow you to customize gear for the best chance of success
- Ride as part of an armada of attack choppers delivering manpower to the battlefield
- Take down enemies from the sky in well-equipped jets
- Matchmaking and leader boards provide the latest developments in tracking
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ Realism is unbelievable
+ Story is fantastic (except the plot twist of course)
+ Fighting was a blast
+ Multiplayer is still good for those who still play this particular game
- The Campaign is REALLY short (6 to 8 hours)
- Veteran Mode is the biggest challenge out there that I have ever overcome. Understating how hard it is, well, is IMPOSSIBLE.
Overall, this is a fantastic game that every serious gamer should own (9/10)
The biggest downside (or upside, depending how you feel) is that fact that the achievements are mostly for doing things on the hardest difficulty. If you've played CODMW2, but not this one, you don't know what you're in for. I beat the sequel on the most difficult setting and I couldn't get far on Hardened on this one.
Graphics- Breathtaking. One of the best looking games out there to date. Grenades exploding everywhere, guys running around everywhere, incoming air strikes, and bullets flying everywhere look so real, you will be fearing for your own life.
Sound - My surround sound speakers cranked way up made my heart racing out of my chest, need I say more?
Gameplay - Some of the best in any game out there. The story has you hooked all the way through. The variety of weapons is enough to satisfy anyone. Lots of intensity while you and your squad are raiding the locations. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time.
Multiplayer - One of the greatest systems for ranking/scoring on any Xbox Live game. Ranking up unlocks new guns, game modes, and challenges for you to do rather than just shooting other people.
Overall - Just take this game off your list and go out and buy it. You should already be playing it fool! You will not regret it.
Aside from that, the actual game is worth whatever cost it is at the time. If you have yet to venture into the Call of Duty series and are thinking of trying out MW2, I strongly suggest buying this game first. This game has the basics. It's simple, clean and most of all a lot of fun. The Single Player is a great experience, although short, but that allows you to move onto the sweet spot of CoD4: the multiplayer. The maps in this game were designed perfectly, allowing fluid movement through obstacles and buildings. You get to create your own clan tag online, customize weapons with skins and unlock weapon attachments. There is a limited amount of weapons but enough to keep one satisfied. There are various modes such as Team Deathmatch, Headquarters, Capture The Flag, Search + Destroy (personal favorite), Hardcore TDM, Sabotage and many more to keep you entertained.
I gave it 4 stars for fun because, with all games, they have their issues. Playing this game online can get frustrating at times if you are playing to only win win win. In that case I suggest finding a buddy or two to play with who's great at the game as well. Others may have no problem losing a game or two and have fun either way. So to even it out, I gave it 4 stars.
I've been playing this game since it came out and I still enjoy it and play it over its sequel, MW2. It has a very high replay value so you'll be getting your money's worth. That's my basic overview of this game, I hope you don't pass up the chance of experiencing this great game first hand.
Most recent customer reviews