Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 307 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 454 reviews
on April 17, 2012
I was watching Spike in June last year then I saw it. The night vision clicking on, the MW3 logo popping up, and the demo that hooked me on Modern Warfare. That demo inspired me to get this game and I'm glad I did. First off the realism was amazing as I was going through the cargo ship mockup and level, the gunplay is fantastic while providing the feeling of you putting an end to the terrorist plot as one man wreaking machine. I write this review as a single player kind of gamer so I did not play multiplayer that much. I really am bad at it but it is a fantastic thing to play with friends. The campaign was captivating as I was an SAS operative, codenamed 'Soap' one minute, an awesome marine the next. The visuals were stunning and during the marine's campaign, the plot twist had me screaming WTF!?!?! at the top of my voice. From that point on, the campaign picked up intensity and I really got into it. This probably my third favorite FPS franchise behind Halo and Resistance.

Pros:
+ Realism is unbelievable
+ Story is fantastic (except the plot twist of course)
+ Fighting was a blast
+ Multiplayer is still good for those who still play this particular game

Con:
- The Campaign is REALLY short (6 to 8 hours)
- Veteran Mode is the biggest challenge out there that I have ever overcome. Understating how hard it is, well, is IMPOSSIBLE.

Overall, this is a fantastic game that every serious gamer should own (9/10)
on June 28, 2012
That's it. This game is just simply amazing. Guaranteed to get your heart pounding and make you feel like you are right there on the battlefield. The graphics, the sound, the experience, everything just comes together just right to make this game perfect.

Graphics- Breathtaking. One of the best looking games out there to date. Grenades exploding everywhere, guys running around everywhere, incoming air strikes, and bullets flying everywhere look so real, you will be fearing for your own life.

Sound - My surround sound speakers cranked way up made my heart racing out of my chest, need I say more?

Gameplay - Some of the best in any game out there. The story has you hooked all the way through. The variety of weapons is enough to satisfy anyone. Lots of intensity while you and your squad are raiding the locations. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time.

Multiplayer - One of the greatest systems for ranking/scoring on any Xbox Live game. Ranking up unlocks new guns, game modes, and challenges for you to do rather than just shooting other people.

Overall - Just take this game off your list and go out and buy it. You should already be playing it fool! You will not regret it.
on August 14, 2014
i have played all COD games and this one is still my favorite, I like the maps , the story line , the grapics , no need for a long story, after playing the story I have had and still have , incredible fun playing multiplayer , although the servers do not see much traffic anymore , too bad
on March 5, 2017
This was probably one of top Call of Duty games ever released, there's a reason why this game was remastered. This game had me spend many hours in front of the tv and it served its purpose with both its offline and online compatibility.
on March 4, 2010
As previously mentioned, the GOTY version of CoD4 no longer includes a token with your purchase for whatever reasons. At the time I bought this however, it was at $26.99 from $49.99. That is an amazing deal for a greater, older game and to find it new. The map pack only costs $10.00 so it was still a bargain.

Aside from that, the actual game is worth whatever cost it is at the time. If you have yet to venture into the Call of Duty series and are thinking of trying out MW2, I strongly suggest buying this game first. This game has the basics. It's simple, clean and most of all a lot of fun. The Single Player is a great experience, although short, but that allows you to move onto the sweet spot of CoD4: the multiplayer. The maps in this game were designed perfectly, allowing fluid movement through obstacles and buildings. You get to create your own clan tag online, customize weapons with skins and unlock weapon attachments. There is a limited amount of weapons but enough to keep one satisfied. There are various modes such as Team Deathmatch, Headquarters, Capture The Flag, Search + Destroy (personal favorite), Hardcore TDM, Sabotage and many more to keep you entertained.

I gave it 4 stars for fun because, with all games, they have their issues. Playing this game online can get frustrating at times if you are playing to only win win win. In that case I suggest finding a buddy or two to play with who's great at the game as well. Others may have no problem losing a game or two and have fun either way. So to even it out, I gave it 4 stars.

I've been playing this game since it came out and I still enjoy it and play it over its sequel, MW2. It has a very high replay value so you'll be getting your money's worth. That's my basic overview of this game, I hope you don't pass up the chance of experiencing this great game first hand.
on May 27, 2016
This..game...is...awesome. CoD Modern warfare was the first great FPS combat game that brought you into the 21st century world of realistic combat. With a good story and good gunplay, it's got a good replay value. Online options even years from now will probably still be available. They've made more, and they are all good. Highly recommended if you're on the fence about a modern FPS.
on March 19, 2017
Also one of the best games
on March 10, 2015
Modern Warfare Will never disappoint. It is the all time best Modern warfare out of its series and for only the 4th Call of Duty ever made, it was well past it's time. The graphics are good, game play was ok, but the story line is the best part of the game! It is long, and will keep you playing until you beat it. It is however cliché, fighting the Russians and hunting down the main antagonist, but it will pull you in to the story. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys an FPS shooter
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2014
OF COURSE WHAT 11 YEAR OLD BOY ISN'T GONNA LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS..HE ALWAYS PLAYS THIS GAME AND DON'T CARE IF HE LOSES..HE WILL TELL ME, "MOM, I DON'T CARE IF I DIE, I'M GONNA KILL AS MANY BAD PEOPLE AND CLEAR THE WAY FOR MY FRIENDS"..SADLY HE WILL DO JUST THAT..I SAY HONEY IT'S A GAME, NOT A REAL MISSION, "I KNOW MOM, I KNOW!!"
on September 21, 2012
Although my wife is a frequent shopper at Amazon but this is the first time I bought something for myself. At first I wanted to buy a new disc since used optical media gets scratches which effects the performance. But I took a chance and placed order for "used - like new" disc and when I received it I was taken by surprise because the condition was so good that nobody could tell it has been used before.
The game itself is awesome and the reason i bought this older version during the time when COD MW-3 is out there in the market is that I want to play from the begining (I am new to modern warfare). Graphics are little bit behind from what you see in MW-3 and black ops but its worth playing if you are a COD fan like me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.