Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 343 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 667 reviews
on April 2, 2017
This is the greatest game ever made by the Call of Duty Franchise. Great graphics, and characters. My most favorite part of this game is the variety of weaponry, and guns that you get to use both in Single Player Campaign, and Multiplayer. I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about this game. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. This game may be old, but it's still one of the best WWII games ever made in my opinion.
on January 4, 2017
Best CoD of all time! Still has a solid MP community too. Hacking is way more rare since this became reverse compatible on the Xbox One - hopefully the modded 360s have red ringed themselves by now. Real weapons, no space jetpack nonsense or other magical weapons or perks. This is the real deal and my favorite FPS of all time!
on July 7, 2011
I ordered this game because I really liked the older CoD's but I hate the new ones. This game is good but it is not without its faults. First the campaign is good but for me it didn't really interest me until I was halfway through it, it also is not very long but I wasn't expecting an FPS to have an RPG story.

My favorite part of the game, like most people, is Nazi Zombies. It is loads of fun when you're playing with your friends and it can sometimes be fun playing with randoms in matchmaking. Although to really enjoy Nazi Zombies it is a must to buy all of the map packs because even though the first map is fun it still cant compare with the DLC maps.

Now on to the multiplayer side of the game. I love playing private matches with my friends, this game is an immense amount of fun when playing with your friends. Now for the game ruining part, Treyarch no longer cares about this game so it is FILLED with hackers. You will not be able to get into a game now without at least one hacker and it completely ruins the online experience. I wish so much that these hackers would be banned because this CoD's multiplayer is on par with CoD 4's multiplayer and it is now almost unplayable.

I would recommend this game to any WWII FPS fans but not to any Multiplayer only gamers. If you love playing campaigns and you love intense Co-Op action then you will love this game but, if you want to buy this game for its multiplayer then you should just save your money and buy something else.
on December 24, 2012
I enjoyed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as my first call of duty game. I was hooked and went on to love Black ops 1 (hated MW3 and am very iffy about Blops 2, however those should be covered in other reviews). My friends would always rave about how much they loved WAW, however they warned me that it had a lot of hackers. I should have greatly heeded this warning.

Let me first touch on the single player campaign. I generally purchase call of duty games for the online multiplayer experience, however that doesn't mean that I completely neglect the single player campaign and I am glad I didn't. The campaign on World at War is excellent with a well structured story, memorable characters, well thought-out level design and good weapon design. You really feel like you are stuck in WWII. The beauty of the campaign is that most missions can be done in co-op which is great as co-op games allow me to regularly socialize with friends who I cannot or do not normally keep in touch with in conventional ways.

Now, unfortunately, on to the multiplayer. This could have been a phenominal portion of the game and, at an earlier time, I'm told it was. However, the game is so riddled with hackers using god mode, flying around, above, and below the map, and spamming your screen with obnoxious text that it makes this mode both unplayable and completely unenjoyable. On the very off chance that you do get a hacker-free loby, the game does play very well, except for the fact that one of the hackers hacked me, making me unable to use any of the initially unlocked create-a-class items (stopping power, tommy gun, frag grenade, etc...) and putting me at an extreme disadvantage against the competition. When I called Activision to get this resolved, they said there is nothing they can do. I asked them to reset me to level 1 and I would go through the first few levels again in the hope that this time everything would unlock, but was told that they can't just unlock anyone who asked. When confronted with the fact that this isn't just a "anyone" situation and I had a legitimate problem stemming from the lack of security for the game, they just said, "Sorry, you will just have to prestige and hopefully the problem will work itself out." If they patch this and fix the issues, I will gladly update my review, however this remains to be seen and I am not holding my breath.

One final aspect that I have delved much into in this game, but is worth noting is Zombies. It is a fun cooperative mode and well made, however I have not played it enough to review it. The reason I haven't done much of it here is that it is very similar to the Zombies in Black Ops 1, which I played quite a bit more and have become bored with.

Because I purchase these games mainly for the multiplayer mode, I have weighed that most heavily in my review and due to the lack of support both by Treyarch and Activision, and the overall gross negligence of this game, I have arrived at a 2-star review.
on August 25, 2010
after having this game for so long and playing it here and there, I'm finally sitting down to play it on veteran mode. Now I have played it through recruit and even hardened with little to no problem at all, as it should be. But let me tell you, on veteran they pull out all the stops and I mean all of em. For instance no matter how many of your own guys are around you every enemy shoots directly at you! Be prepared to dodge grenade after grenade after grenade after grenade and oh wait 6 grenades at one time!? Yeah sounds like fun! You thought you had help from the AI, think again! This has to be the worst AI I've ever seen, I mean your guys run by the enemy and do nothing, randomly shoot into walls, get in your way and are more of a nuisance then anything. It is the most unbalanced mode I've ever played......COD4 no problem, veteran beat, Modern Warfare 2 challenging but no problem! You have to be extra cautious when playing veteran here though and even then be prepared for grenades and miracle shots from the enemy and non stop units! Me and my brother literally played the same level for over 2 hours and are still playing it as I write this review! And were pretty damn good at COD no exaggeration. I'm sure most people have played this and are onto MW2 by now waiting for Black Ops to come out but for the ones who haven't played this, be prepared to be frustrated out of your mind if you plan on playing it on veteran, seriously........I would hate to play this game on veteran for the Wii.......jesus
on August 22, 2016
A glitch free game that you can play without any hastle. All that needs to be said.
on May 20, 2017
great gift for anyone who has a thing for video games
on July 15, 2017
Almost 10 years old and this game is still one of my favorites despite having to deal with the hackers from time to time
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
My favorite COD game. Graphics and gameplay are wonderful with an awesome array of weaponry. The campaign levels are very diverse and challenging, although that darn sniper level in the Russian campaign is near impossible at higher difficulties.

I quickly became addicted to Xbox live play, but it sucks that the team over at Microsoft doesn't do a better job about moderating all of the cheaters and hackers who are ruining this game online. That being said, I will continue to enjoy this title.
on March 2, 2017
real good game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.