Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 30, 2017
Call of Duty almost got a perfect score here. Campaign had a story, had the gore, had the gameplay. Multiplayer had the potential, the grit, the excitement. This game is incredible compared to the new titles in the series but is only half of what it could have been. This whole game suffers from balancing issues including zombies. Weapons and tactics that undermine others with no counter run rampart. The campaign slows downs and breaks immersion due to unrealistic action scenes such has crazy crashes and explosions. Legendary game that was almost perfect.
on April 2, 2017
This is the greatest game ever made by the Call of Duty Franchise. Great graphics, and characters. My most favorite part of this game is the variety of weaponry, and guns that you get to use both in Single Player Campaign, and Multiplayer. I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about this game. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. This game may be old, but it's still one of the best WWII games ever made in my opinion.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 4, 2017
Best CoD of all time! Still has a solid MP community too. Hacking is way more rare since this became reverse compatible on the Xbox One - hopefully the modded 360s have red ringed themselves by now. Real weapons, no space jetpack nonsense or other magical weapons or perks. This is the real deal and my favorite FPS of all time!
2 people found this helpful
on November 13, 2009
I was very excited when I learned of a new Call of Duty game coming. In the beginning, World At War had a lot of promise. The expected photoreal environments that we were first exposed to in Call of Duty 4 were there. Cool maps. Etc. But, over time gameplay became increasingly frustrating. Attacking dogs became increasingly difficult to kill. I refer to them as "Skynet" dogs because of their seeming invincibility to bullets or knives. After Treyarch, the developers of the game, claimed to have "fixed" the dogs with a patch, it became more obvious that little had changed. And in fact, the game was worse. Thankfully, Modern Warfare 2 has arrived. Infinity Ward is much better at the Call of Duty franchise. Sorry to say, but I don't see myself picking up any more Treyarch games. Stick with Infinity Ward and Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 2 is an excellent game.
on January 30, 2014
I got the game a couple months ago, its fun!!!
when you have a sniper rifle and you get a headshot the guys head comes off, and their neck is all torn up & bloody( :) ), if you shoot them in the stomache, well you get the picture.
Graphics are great,the guns are detailed,& also detailed bushes & trees & plants, not like call of duty 2 & 3.
You play as a marine & a russian soilder. in split screen you can play as a marine soilder,japanese soilder,german soilder,russian soilder.
The game also has a mode called ZOMBIES, its fun, they look chard up.
on July 7, 2011
I ordered this game because I really liked the older CoD's but I hate the new ones. This game is good but it is not without its faults. First the campaign is good but for me it didn't really interest me until I was halfway through it, it also is not very long but I wasn't expecting an FPS to have an RPG story.

My favorite part of the game, like most people, is Nazi Zombies. It is loads of fun when you're playing with your friends and it can sometimes be fun playing with randoms in matchmaking. Although to really enjoy Nazi Zombies it is a must to buy all of the map packs because even though the first map is fun it still cant compare with the DLC maps.

Now on to the multiplayer side of the game. I love playing private matches with my friends, this game is an immense amount of fun when playing with your friends. Now for the game ruining part, Treyarch no longer cares about this game so it is FILLED with hackers. You will not be able to get into a game now without at least one hacker and it completely ruins the online experience. I wish so much that these hackers would be banned because this CoD's multiplayer is on par with CoD 4's multiplayer and it is now almost unplayable.

I would recommend this game to any WWII FPS fans but not to any Multiplayer only gamers. If you love playing campaigns and you love intense Co-Op action then you will love this game but, if you want to buy this game for its multiplayer then you should just save your money and buy something else.
3 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2018
I have played Zombies at my friends house and this is the only reason I wanted this game. The Zombies mode on this game is the best Zombies I have ever played.
on May 11, 2018
This game was excellent I loved the way real war clips were integrated, zombies is awesome the only gripe I have is that the season pass cost $25 even after all these years
on October 13, 2011
Rented this awhile back and remembered I liked it so I was looking for some games to play and ordered a bunch of older ones. I don't do the online crap like all the other nerds who think they are hot crap cause they can kill someone hundreds of miles away and talk trash. I get games for the campaigns. Although this is not my favorite series I enjoyed playing it. I know it can be played, Sit on the shelf, and be picked up months later and played again when I am bored. Love these type of games. The disk was in good condition and was as described. Got here quick too.
on March 5, 2014
It's the game I wished my new Xbox 360 came with. Being a more of a WW2 buff--less of a Halo fan; CoD: WaW is as educational it is a blast to play. Wether you're a German, Russian, Japanese or an American; one gets to experience what it was like--though not to fullest extent depending on who you're playing against--to fight in the war that wiped out a significant amount of the World's population. Playing it definitely beats watching the History channel.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.