Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Callaway Men's RAZR X Black Ti Golf Driver
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on September 24, 2013
I've been a life-long golfer. My father put a club into my hands somewhere around 7 years old, and I am now 64.
I've played with a lot of drivers, and my shed unfortunately still has 5-6 lying around.

I've also had a lifelong fade, and I have to work at a draw. I have done a lot of research, and this driver has one thing going for it that a lot of full sized, (and even illegal 520 to 555CC drivers) do not. A slightly flatter face profile.

If you go to one of those digital ranges at a local sporting goods or golf store, take a few drivers and compare the face profiles. You will find that the Calloway RAZR X Black Ti, and some other Calloway models, have a slightly flatter face profile. Many drivers have more of a ballooned out profile, not so the Calloway. Especially lower priced clubs, in an effort to gain a little more rebound, will balloon out the face a little, making for more dramatic slices and hooks if you don't hit it exactly dead center.

Not so the Callaway. Being a bit flatter, they offer straighter hits on a wider section of the face. You may come through with your top speed somewhere slightly off center. I know from years of playing that my highest speed is a little towards the toe. I actually sometimes feel it hitting the toe as I can now, with my age, lose my grip a little if it is too far towards the toe. We're talking a couple millimeters based on hitting it with marking tape on the face. If you also have a high speed that is not perfectly dead center, then the Callaway is your driver. Also, the Callaway is a bit higher in profile, making it even more forgiving and allowing for a good amount of rebound.

This will be one great club for me and a lot of others who have tried it. Get on a digital range in a store and try it out. See what I mean by the flatter face. Great club, nice weight. For an old man, this is just what I needed. Regular flex, of course!
on July 25, 2013
Absolutely love this driver,even with a miss hit the ball still sails. I previously had the Calloway diablo tour 9.5 and this driver easily out performs and looks great.The driver even with regular flex added at least 20 yards to my drives and helped stop my slice.
on November 16, 2013
Good driver--straight drives with solid distance. The best part: the price I got it for. Why would anyone go into a store and buy a "new" model for a 200-300% premium!? This driver works great, is sexy looking; it got great reviews on golfdigest, and I enjoy it. Give it a shot if you're in the market for an upgrade!
on October 26, 2013
I bought this driver untested and assumed it would play well because it's a Callaway. I was not disappointed. It hits straighter and more consistent than my older driver and has added at least 20-30 yards to my drive. Club face is smaller in height so the only adjustment I needed to make was getting the best tee height. I would recommend this driver to all my friends.
on September 12, 2013
I bought this after hitting several drivers in my local golf store's indoor simulator. This was the cheapest driver I tried, but I hit this straighter, further, and more consistently than anything else. For me, it couldn't beat it at any price. Just because it's not as expensive as this year's newest models doesn't mean it's worse. So far, I've played 3 rounds with it, and I'm completely happy.
on March 16, 2014
...the large, light head generates a considerable amount of wind resistance and decreases clubhead speed. A player that develops a considerable amount of clubhead speed and already hits a long ball would lose distance with this club, and should stick to a driver with a smaller, more dense, heavier head. It does keep the ball straighter, as it has a large face with no sweet spot. Consequently, you can hit the ball all over the face with essentially the same result, if that's what you're looking for.
on October 20, 2013
Best driver I ever hit with. Once I got my swing down at the driving range, it was awesome. Golf game afterward was better as well. Mostly it hits straight if I did not try to hit the ball so hard...
on April 2, 2014
If you like Callaway products you will LOVE this driver. Forgiving and laser like are words to describe it. Sexy and true, you can hit this club with the confidence that it will deliver. Where you aim is where you go. Great sound when sweet spot is hit and the sweet spot is large. Distance is impressive, even with a mainly shoulder oriented swinger which I am. The price is unbelieveable as well. Treat yourself!
on October 24, 2013
It did help. Usually, a new driver takes some getting use to. First swing out of the box longer and straighter.
on May 12, 2014
It won't fix my bad swing but it's definitely more forgiving and wow does the ball jump off of this club. Highly recommend if you don't want to spend tons of $$ and are looking for a high quality driver. Also check out Callaway Preowned site to compare costs...they can have amazing deals depending on inventory.