- File Size: 2042 KB
- Print Length: 315 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: A Blonde and a Prayer Books; 2 edition (March 2, 2015)
- Publication Date: March 2, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00U6T57US
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,972 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $11.99 (100%)
Callie: inspirational women's fiction (The Women of Valley View Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 315 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I thought the narrator did an outstanding job making the reader really feel the emotion that each character was going through. You could hear the pain of each one as things happened. I really enjoyed her character voices you always knew who was talking and what they were feeling. There are no repeating of words, no background noises, no volume changes and if any breaks were taken I could not tell. Ms. Marty put a lot of thought into how the story would play out giving her voice the correct tones for each scene. I had no trouble picturing what the narrator was reading. I thought her performance was outstanding and really pulled me in. The audio was very clear and clean giving you a performance you will not forget for a long time to come. She really pulled on your heartstrings in her very vivid account of story the author wrote.
I had no trouble relating to this story as I am sure most of us have had to deal with abuse of some kind. Now a day’s most of us have also dealt with divorce, a parent leaving and maybe even a drug issue. All of these issues can tear a family apart with no trouble at all. My heart went out to Callie but more so too this young girl Iris and Samantha as they deal with the road life has given them. I can’t think of anything more horrible then having no one there for you when you need them the most and to scared to reach out for help knowing your family might be torn apart at anytime. The author really put some thought into writing this as she pulls your heart one way and then another. She does add some humor lots of smiles and then breaking your heart all over again. It is a story of love of God, forgiving your self and learning to forgive others. There are some very good points here as to the reasoning of why we should forgive. I thought this was a very compelling vivid audio that really gives a punch in more ways than one. Just when you think things cannot get worse they do. The author gives you a few surprises that at first you do not know how to take it. It all does work out for the best leaving you with a smile on your face and peace in your heart. I thought this was a very uplifting and inspirational listen that I totally enjoyed. I hope others will give it a listen and really be pulled in to some outstanding narration and writing.
Characters are a 50 something year old woman trying to forget and forgive herself. A 17 year old sister, an 11 year old sister and a 5 month old baby living on their own trying not to let anyone know of their situation all the while making it work, barely. Highly recommend.
Most recent customer reviews
God is touching every part of our lives.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Religious
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction