BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 19, 2014
I have tried dieting before, which has worked but for me has always only been temporary weight loss. The great thing about this app is it is SO easy to use, which at first was the biggest reason why I didn't want to calorie count. I have been using this app for about three weeks, along with this supplement that a friend of mine has been taking. I can say that so far, its really been working for me. 9lbs down is nothing to scoff at.

I think that because I can see the stupid little things that actually have a lot more calories than you would think, I am eating a lot less now. Some stuff that normal people eat every day are just NOT worth it for the amount of calories in it, you will end up being happier eating something else, that is much much less calories.

MFP is really personalized and the barcode scanner is THE BEST, so when you dont have to type every little thing into your phone or your computer when you eat it. Now calorie counting is SO easy.
22 comments| 881 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2017
What a great way to keep count of what you eat and not have to write everything down. My doctor wants me to keep a record of what I eat to watch my weight. I have done this many times before and it is a pain. My Fitness pal is great and has everything in it. Things that you buy from the super markets like Hannafords Farmers bread and little things you would have a hard time finding in books. Just great and I use it every day. It is making a big difference.
on December 16, 2012
So, one of my best friends and I both suffer from a condition called "Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome" or "PCOS" for short. I personally, have been dealing with being over-weight since my mid to late teens (I'm 29 now). Since I was diagnosed with pcos, I have steadily gained weight over the last 10 years, no matter how I've changed my diet or how much I exercise. I have also struggled with fertility problems and high blood pressure from the weight, as well. In September , a co-worker referred me to a weight doctor he had been going to, to see if I could get onto the same diet pills he had been taking. So, my friend and I decided to go for it and to make some serious diet changes as well. On, October 4th (2012), I took my first dose of meds and down loaded this app. Between taking my meds and using this app everyday and regular (3-5 times a week) exercise, I have managed to lose 40lbs.. The meds definitely help, but, I believe that this app has truly made the biggest difference.
I religiously enter my food/water intake & exercise into it, everyday. It has helped to curb me away from the fast food and a lot of things I had thought were healthy!
In order to hit what is considered the "Ideal/healthy" weight for my height (5'7"), I needed to lose (roughly) about 120lbs.. Once I get to close to my goal weight, I will be tapered off and taken off my meds. After 2 & a half months on my "diet" using this app consistently, I not only eat better/smarter, but have lost 40lbs! I will definitely continue using this app to keep up with my daily food/caloric intake and recommending it to everyone!!!
on August 24, 2013
I got this app to help me keep track of what I was eating so I could get back in shape after my last baby. I use this app on my kindle, & it has been very helpful- I have it set up so my kindle is linked with my online account, so I don't have to be connected to wi-fi to use it, or log food or exercise, but it syncs automatically when I do connect. I love that I can set personal goals, & it keeps track of how many calories I need, & what types (Carb/Protein/Fat/Fiber...) I can also enter in starting weights & measurements, and as many updates as I want & put it in a chart so I can keep track of my progress. That being said, there are a couple of things that were a little disappointing, though since the app was free, I can't really complain. It was a little time-consuming to set up, and add foods at first, since I had to search everything I needed to add. Also, not all foods are available offline. Many are, but not all. So sometimes I have to connect to wi-fi to find some less common foods. Also, I make a lot of things homemade, and it was a little time-consuming to add each ingredient, its calories/nutrition info, and how much, but once it is in, it calculates how much each serving is for you. It is nice, however, that it keeps the foods, recipes & meals you add to your diary so you can still access them offline the next time. I would have liked if it could keep track of a bigger variety of measurements, though. I don't really care how big my neck is, but I would like to see if I am making any progress in my bust or thighs... Also, there is even more functionality & reporting capability if you access your account from online- that is where I can get to the most thorough breakdowns of what I am really eating, & reports of my progress. All in all, a great app, very useful, especially for free :)
on February 9, 2013
By medical standards I am 60-70 lbs overweight. Realistically 40 lbs.to be healthy and average. I am 46 and I've been thin before, but not "in shape" or fit. For the first time in my life, I want to get in decent shape, even this late in life. I am committed to a real change in eating habits, along with regular exercise. I am managing the exercise aspect well enough, but being 3 1/2 weeks in, I realize more than ever that what you stick in your pie hole is what matters most! I never liked the idea of meal plans, because that's not realistic for long term. Yet I never relished the idea of weighing food and counting calories either. This app makes that effortless. I can add whatever I eat from my smart phone, computer or tablet. The database is full of all natural items, prepackaged grocery items or restaurant menu items. You can also add to the database if you know the calorie content, or even piggyback off of another users entries. A quick word search is all it takes to find what you're eating. Even if it's homemade, you can enter the individual ingredients. Changing your diet really involves tracking everything you put in your mouth. My fitnesspal makes it easy to put your calorie goals in the prime zone. Enough to lose weight, but not send your body into starvation mode. If you enter everything you eat, and make better eating choices, it will work for you too. I have already lost 19 lbs. And even though I hit an early plateau and was temporarily discouraged, I was able to break through it. I have a short term goal and plan to reward myself with exercise shoes when I get there. In the end you have to decide if you want to please your tastebuds, or have a slimmer, healthier you. This app is just what I needed to stay on track. You can do it too. Now get going! Cheers!
on June 17, 2012
I've been using this app for a few weeks now and I find it hard to think I ever tried to manage my weight loss without it. The amazing library of foods with nutritional information already entered is essential, but it's just as easy to enter new food information as well. In the same aspect, there are already a lot of pre-entered exercises as well with calories burned so it's so easy to keep track of everything. This app makes using a traditional paper food diary feel antiquated. I can't recommend this app enough if you are trying to reach a weight loss or fitness goal.

Here's a bit of a breakdown of some of the features:
-Daily weigh-in to keep track of weight loss/gain
-Ability to enter foods for specific meals such as Breakfast and Snacks
-Track daily water intake
-Track daily Cardio and Strength exercises separately
-Ability to add your own new foods with their own nutritional data or search the tens of thousands of foods in the database.
-Software calculates your daily caloric limit based on how much weight you want to lose each week and as you enter food throughout the day, you can easily see how many calories you have left
-When you're finished for the day, the program tells you "If every day were like today, you would weigh X pounds in X weeks. I like this feature because it helps me see where I'm going and if I need to take things up a notch to reach my goal.
-There's a graph that show you your weight loss progress so it's easy to see if you're trending up or down over 1 month or several months.
-There is a page that shows all of your nutritional information for the day so you can see where your weak points are (such as too much sugar or carbohydrates)
-Program stores your own personal library of regularly used foods such as coffee and salads, making it easy to find foods you eat on a daily basis, including a multi -add feature so you can pick everything you put in your daily omelette or coffee all at once.

Overall I LOVE this app. The hardest part is simply entering your food and exercise each day (which is extremely easy anyway), but the app makes it so much easier than a traditional paper journal and it makes me feel more responsible for what I eat. Already I'm less likely to eat that extra cookie or have a second helping of fries. I'm seeing results already, I've lost a few pounds since starting and look forward to continued progress. This app is an extremely handy tool and I'm sure it could help anyone with their weight loss goals. The interface is very easy to navigate once you understand the icons at the top and all of the different pages that display different aspects of your progress supply much needed feedback that a paper journal never could. I'll be recommending this to all of my friends who are trying to eat healthier and lose weight.
I have I've been using this app for over a year. It made keeping track of calories and losing weight more interesting. The database of foods is pretty extensive and I can easily find what I consume in it. The exercise log is fairly basic, I would have liked to see a few more options to match my activities better. It does take a bit of time and dedication to keep track of things but seeing progress makes it more fun too.
VINE VOICEon June 8, 2012
I tried this app out of curiousity, since I decided to try a calorie-counting food awareness change, just at the end of 2011. I quickly found that this app helped me not only achieve my goals, it also helped me be aware of what I was eating in a good way.

I like that I can create a new food, which allows me to enter things I make myself on a regular basis, so that I don't have to add up the calories involved every time I make those things. I am able to find practically any food I'm considering eating, including basics like grapes or toast or a hamburger patty.

I do have a basic plan I'm following, with recipes to help me along, for 300 calorie breakfast, 400 calorie lunch, 500 calorie dinner, and two 150 calorie snacks. But not everything I choose always falls into these ranges, so the app allows me to adjust and see what calories I have left to work with for the day.

I also really like that keeping track of my exercise shows me what kind of calories I have to work with, and this has helped me to get moving more!. I am motivated to get out and take a long walk or bike ride on a day when I ended up going to a restaurant and not ordering something within my remaining calorie range. This basically helps me "earn" back the extra calories I consumed, allowing me to meet my daily goal.

The accountability of this app is what has made it work for me. I have stuck with it, taking a day off just once in a while, but now it's 6 months later and I can see a huge change in my body, my energy level, the way my clothes fit, and my overall mental outlook about food. During the first 3 months using this, I lost 9 lb, and I've lost an additional 4 lb. in the last 3 months, going from 145 to 132! Plus I am confident that I can stay aware of my eating habits using this app from now on, so that I can keep it off.
on May 18, 2015
The most success I've had in my life losing weight is through watching my calorie in take. I use to work in a fitness salon, many years ago, and know diets don't work well for most people because you can't eat what you want and when people eat what they don't like, their old bass eating habits eventually return. Dieting is not for me.

Using Fitness Pal allows you to eat what you want but you learn to cut back on your unhealthy eating and learn to discipline your portions and eat the healthy food you enjoy. When I first started on MyFitnessPal I allowed myself time to adjust to cutting back and taking time to learn my portions and how to combine my meals to fit into my daily calorie goal. Within a few weeks time, I started to lose.

I'm losing weight now at a good steady 2-1/2 to 3lbs a week. Sometimes more, sometimes a little less. But I'm grateful I'm content with what I'm eating and I'm learning life long discipline. Plus, unlike dieting, I am not feeling deprived. I may feel a little hungry but losing weight means a little sacrifice in some way. And I feel focused and determined. A little hunger is ok. Can't expect to lose otherwise. I think MyFitnessPal is a great app and filled with great tips and helpful info and keeps track of the calories you burn according to your exercise or activity. I highly recommend it.
on February 28, 2016
Great ap that makes counting calories and logging in exercise easy. It also motivates you to exercise more so you can eat more! Syncs to fitbit to record activity so you can see your exercise and food intake.
they have a huge database of prepared and store bought foods so a quick search brings up most meals.
They even have near suggestions like salad or spinach salad and they have tons of vegan foods downloaded so you don't have to list each ingredient separately.
The best thing is that it tracks your nutrient intake so you can see if you are low in calcium, iron, protein or over in fats and sugars.
The only bad thing is that it sometimes seems "judgmental" like when you eat something high in fat or sugar it reminds you that this is not good for you!!! It warned me that the one egg I ate was high in cholesterol.
On the positive side, if you eat something like whole grain flax seed bread it tells you that you have made a good choice, so it can be motivating.
The hardest thing about it is taking the time to put the foods in that you eat and remembering to list ALL of the foods you ate as well as determining the proportions... sometimes it will list something in grams and you may not be sure how many grams you ate or will list something in squares and you are not sure the size of the square, but those are minor details and you can go back and edit/change proportions if you read the package and see it overestimated.
For homemade meals, it is a little tougher to do, especially if you use a lot fo ingredients, so it is easier to plug in store bought and restaurant meals.
It also saves most often eaten foods so you do not have to search for them, but can scroll down and select something that you ate earlier.
It is a great tracker that will help you see where you are deficient and what changes you need to make to get healthier and improve nutrient intake and exercise levels.