Industrial Deals HPC Holiday Gift Picks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2017
I tried without success to learn whether the carbs listed are Total or Net. Finally messaged the CalorieKing folks through their FB page. They responded the next day and were very nice. The carbs are TOTAL, so if you're a NET carb-counter like I am, you're sunk. Without the fiber and sugar alcohols, we don't have what we need to calculate Net. For those looking for help with Keto, Paleo, or similar eating, be aware Proteins are not listed. The intro pages about a healthy diet are not inclusive of the LCHF research. They're still hanging onto the calories in-calories out mentality. For anyone needing NET carbs or a way to calculate them, choose a different book. [Update: I did finally discover the answer to my total/net question on page 22 under the heading "Notes - Abbreviations - Disclaimer" while I was searching for measurement standards... which, by the way, are on that same page.]

For those who are only interested in calories and fat, you'll have numbers but no mention of whether the fats are saturated, monosaturated, polyunsaturated. The index can be somewhat helpful if you call items by the same name as they are called in the book; however, there are inconsistencies. For example, in the index, honey is listed on page 157 and says "1 cup, 12 oz" has 269 carbs. Randomly, I also discovered honey on page 30, where it says "1/2 cup, 6 oz" has 140 carbs... so 280 for a full cup. Why the difference? BTW, if you're wondering how 1 cup = 12 oz, so was I, but I did find on the "Notes - Abbreviations - Disclaimer" page that one measures volume and the other measures weight. This is not a problem at all as long as you realize what's going on.
on July 8, 2016
There is a lot of good information here, however there is also a lot of information that is hard to get to. When I needed to get to the protein and fiber sections I had to find it at the end of the fast food section, I was not able to punch it in search and go directly to the section, and I am having trouble finding some of the tables at the beginning of the book.
on November 8, 2015
Very helpful in keeping track of carbs. Recommended by my dietician.
on March 10, 2017
I am very pleased with this book. I have been using it constantly.
on July 27, 2017
I have purchased The CalorieKing book repeatedly for some years now. I buy a new one every two years, and pass the old one off to someone who's decided to focus on their calorie consumption.
on March 13, 2017
Lots of REALLY good information. As advertised, it is not an exhaustive book, but it has a great deal of what I needed to assist me in getting healthier eating up and going in our home.
on February 3, 2016
If you are counting calories, this is your book! Great tool for dieting along with a kitchen scale. You can be sure of how many calories you're really eating. This book is small, I take it in my purse when I leave for the day so I can make healthy choices. It even has some fast food choices in the back so if you are eating out, again you can make a good choice based on what you are counting. Highly recommend for anyone trying to lose weight or maintain their weight.
on April 23, 2017
Excellent guide for diabetes patients, to count carbs.
on October 16, 2017
Very handy when you are counting carbs, proteins, fats and calories. Eye opening when you look at what fast food and dinning out as a major culprit in your weight gain or loss.
on March 25, 2017
Whether you're watching calories or carbs, this book is great.