Calphalon Contemporary 5-Inch Santoku Knife
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full tang design provides better balance and superior strength. Each knife is individually balanced for efficiency and comfort.
- Ergonomic grip handle uniquely contoured for one size fits all comfort. Handle labels make knife type identification easy.
- Fully tapered from cutting edge to spine and from tip to heel for superior strength and greater cutting versatility. Hand-ground to a perfect, equal edge and fine satin finish.
- High carbon, no-stain German steel sharpens more easily, maintains its edge longer, and resists rust, stains, discoloration better than ordinary stainless.
- One piece forging of blade, bolster and tang means no parts to separate for long-lasting durability. This product carries a limited lifetime warranty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Calphalon Contemporary 5-Inch Santoku Knife
Calphalon Contemporary 7-Inch Santoku Knife B0001O3480
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel||Information not provided||Steel||Steel|
|Blade Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel||Carbon||Stainless Steel||Carbon|
|Dimensions||1.56 inches x 14.55 inches x 3.35 inches||1.7 inches x 19.9 inches x 4 inches||2.25 inches x 11.5 inches x 0.75 inches||2.5 inches x 16 inches x 3.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.55 pounds||0.85 pounds||0.35 pounds||0.45 pounds|
|Size||5-Inch||1 - Pack||6.5-Inch||5 in.|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
However, just yesterday, while we were doing the dishes, the knife was accidentally knocked off the counter. Our initial fear was that we ruined the tip. When we picked it up, the knife was split in half between the blade and the handle. We were incredibly surprised because the knife was made with one continuous piece of metal from the blade and through the handle. Apparently the metal at the tip of the handle had rusted through (even though we dried the knife before storing it). We wonder how long the knife would have lasted even if we hadn't dropped it.
And because the knife broke after being dropped, we don't think the lifetime warranty will cover it. We may try to submit it just because of the rust and see what happens.
Objectively: Like a straight-razor, any fine/thin bladed cutting tool loses its edge of sharpness very quickly (This is normal; please do not cast aspersions upon the instrument.). If You cannot abide frequently, lightly sharpening its edge, then the Santoku Knife is not for You. Before becoming a Computer Science Professional, I was a Licensed Barber; keeping the edges of my straight razors in hair-splitting condition was a pride to me and a pleasure to my patrons.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this knife two months ago and the blade is rusting and pitting. I would not recommend this knife.Published 9 months ago by Darren Wright
Well made and an excellent size. My wife's favorite knife....her second favorite is the longer version. Holds its edge very wellPublished 11 months ago by jimf
Poor quality, will rust if you don't dry every little droplet,unfortunately we bought the set with wooden block on the recommendation of cutlery sales person. Read morePublished 15 months ago by average guy
Knife broke at handle (while slicing) after only 2 months. Don't buy a knife that is made in china.Published 17 months ago by Josh Kazanovicz
It's not as thin as I expected and so doesn't hold an edge very well. I use it but not as often as I thought I would. Read morePublished 18 months ago by shrinkucci
My new go to blade. I have several high end knives and this has replaced all of them. Exceedingly well balanced and useful.Published 18 months ago by Bryan Banks