Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Cookware, Dutch Oven, 8-quart
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A heavy-gauge aluminum core is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel by means of high-heat, high-pressure impact bonding for extreme durability.
- Aluminum core provides superior conductivity and even heating for excellent browning and control of the cooking process. Non-porous stainless steel cooking surface is safe for use with all utensils.
- Clear tempered-glass lids let you see food while it's cooking and are oven safe, so you can finish covered dishes in the oven or keep them warm until ready to serve
- Long, brushed stainless steel handles stay cool on the stovetop. All cookware is dishwasher-safe and carries Calphalon's full lifetime warranty.
- Ideal for searing and braising meats, browning meats for savory stews, and preparing delicious soups. Domed lid with inside points allows continuous self-basting for flavorful meats.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Stylish and durable Dutch oven
- Moves from stovetop to oven
- Full aluminum core for even heating
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven and broiler safe
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8-quart Covered Dutch Oven
Enjoy stunning design and premium performance in your kitchen with the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8-quart Covered Dutch Oven. This Dutch oven is the stylish and functional choice for chefs with a taste for all things modern. Offering stovetop to oven versatility, this Dutch oven is perfect for browning and searing meats, then adding ingredients for stew to slow-cook in the oven to perfection. Sturdy stainless steel construction surrounds a full aluminum core, delivering excellent heat conductivity. The Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8-quart Covered Dutch Oven is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, oven and broiler safe, and backed by a full lifetime warranty.
Large Capacity Ideal for Family Meals
The generous 8-quart capacity of the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Covered Dutch Oven makes it ideal for preparing family meals such as chili, soups, and stews, and is large enough to hold a whole chicken. Sturdy loop handles allow the Dutch oven to easily move from the stovetop to the oven for pot roasts, casseroles, and baked pasta dishes.
Full Aluminum Core for Even Heating
Combining the beauty of stainless steel with the superior performance of aluminum, this Calphalon Dutch oven is made with a full aluminum core between two layers of stainless steel for superb conductivity and even, consistent heating. Modernly styled with a brushed stainless exterior, stainless steel is the ideal cooking surface for browning, searing, and sautéing foods.
Dishwasher and Oven Safe
The Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 8-quart Covered Dutch Oven is dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning. You can use this Dutch oven in the oven and broiler. This Dutch oven is intended for gas, electric, halogen, ceramic, and induction stove tops.
Full Lifetime Warranty
This product is backed by a full lifetime warranty. Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. To register your products, visit our official site.
See-Through Tempered Glass Lid
Effortlessly monitor your food as it cooks thanks to the see-through convenience of a tempered glass lid with stainless steel rim and handle.
Contemporary Design. Premium Performance.
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless cookware adds an elegant aesthetic to your kitchen.
Easy Tips for Cooking with Stainless Steel
Enjoy great results from your stainless steel cookware by following these simple steps for no-stick cooking:
- Take the chill off foods. Remove foods from the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before you start to cook.
- Pre-heat over medium heat. Don't try to save time and preheat on high. It only takes a couple of minutes to preheat Calphalon cookware at the proper temperature to help prevent sticking.
- Try the butter test. Pre-heat pan on medium, then test by rubbing a teaspoon of butter over the inside of the pan. When the butter begins to bubble briskly, it’s properly preheated. If the butter begins to brown, the heat is too high. Carefully wipe the pan with a paper towel, lower the heat, wait a minute, and try the butter test again.
- Keep your cookware clean. Residue from previous cooking or aerosol cooking sprays is a common cause of sticking.
Compare with similar items
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Cookware, Sauteuse, 5-quart
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Cookware, Everday Pan, 10-inch
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12 Quart Stockpot
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 8 & 10 Inch Fry Pan Set
Calphalon 1948239 Signature Stainless Steel Covered Sautee, 5 quart, Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||15.35 x 14.8 x 6.61 in||14 x 13 x 5.5 in||10 x 10 x 2 in||13 x 10.6 x 13 in||5 x 10.25 x 19.5 in||15 x 14.5 x 3.75 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Aluminum core fused between two layers for stainless steel and glass lid|
Use this large Dutch oven to brown or sear meats, then add other ingredients to prepare savory stews and meat sauce. It's oven safe, so allowing you the option to finish recipes in the oven. Bring stunning, contemporary design to your kitchen with Calphalon Contemporary Stainless cookware. Crafted from lustrous, brushed stainless steel, clean lines and curvaceous silhouettes, Contemporary Stainless epitomizes the soul of modern style with professional performance and dishwasher-safe convenience.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yes, there are a few, what I would call, normal pattern discolorations on the bottom from cooking or boiling salted water. That doesn’t bother me, as it doesn’t affect performance, and I’m using to cook with not sit and look at. I’m sure barkeepers friend would do a great job at getting it back to pristine shape. The outside still looks great after months of use. It cleans up easily and another great thing it that stuff on my cooktop doesn’t burn and transfer to the bottom of the pot like with cheaper cookware. I’d buy it again.