Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12 Quart Stockpot
|Price:||$84.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$14.96 (15%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A heavy-gauge aluminum core is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel by means of high-heat, high-pressure impact bonding for extreme durability.
- Aluminum core provides superior conductivity and even heating for excellent browning and control of the cooking process. Non-porous stainless steel cooking surface is safe for use with all utensils.
- Clear tempered-glass lids let you see food while it's cooking and are oven safe, so you can finish covered dishes in the oven or keep them warm until ready to serve
- High sides and narrow opening help minimize evaporation during the slow process of making stocks and soups. Heavy-gauge bottom provides even heating and is sloped for easy stirring.
- Long, brushed stainless steel handles stay cool on the stovetop. All cookware is dishwasher-safe and carries Calphalon's full lifetime warranty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12 Quart Stockpot
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Item Weight||10 pounds||0 pounds||9 pounds||0 pounds|
|Warranty Description||Limited lifetime warranty||Lifetime||Limited lifetime warranty||Lifetime|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Stylish and durable stock pot
- Generous 12-quart capacity
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven and broiler safe
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12-Quart Covered Stock Pot
Enjoy stunning design and premium performance in your kitchen with the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12-Quart Covered Stock Pot. This stock pot is the stylish and functional choice for chefs with a taste for all things modern. Ideal for stews, stock, and chili, this large stock pot lets you slowly simmer favorite recipes, and also gives you plenty of room to boil water for pasta, shellfish, potatoes, and more. Sturdy stainless steel construction with an impact-bonded aluminum base delivers ensures even and consistent heating. The Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12-Quart Covered Stock Pot is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, oven and broiler safe, and backed by a full lifetime warranty.
Large Pot for Soups, Stocks, and More
Featuring a generous 12-quart capacity, the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Covered Stock Pot is designed to slow-cook large batches of soup, stew, chili, and other dishes for the whole family or while entertaining. The impact-bonded aluminum base is responsive to temperature changes, whether you’re slowly simmering stocks or rapidly boiling water for pasta, shellfish, or potatoes. Brushed stainless steel loop handles allow for easy maneuvering. Pasta Insert sold separately.
Impact-Bonded Aluminum Base for Even Heating
Combining the beauty of stainless steel with the superior performance of aluminum, this Calphalon stock pot is made with two layers of stainless steel with an aluminum disc bonded to the bottom for fast heating. Modernly styled with a brushed stainless exterior, stainless steel is the ideal cooking surface for browning, searing, and sautéing foods.
Dishwasher and Oven Safe
The Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 12-Quart Covered Stock Pot is dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning. You can use this stock pot in the oven and broiler. This pot is intended for gas, electric, halogen, ceramic, and induction stove tops.
Full Lifetime Warranty
This product is backed by a full lifetime warranty. Calphalon will replace any item found defective in material or workmanship when put to normal household use and cared for according to the instructions. To register your products, visit our official site.
See-Through Tempered Glass Lid
- Effortlessly monitor your food as it cooks thanks to the see-through convenience of a tempered glass lid with stainless steel rim and handle.
Contemporary Design. Premium Performance.
With its sleek curved design, this stock pot lends a stylish aesthetic to your kitchen.
Easy Tips for Cooking with Stainless Steel
Enjoy great results from your stainless steel cookware by following these simple steps for no-stick cooking:
- Take the chill off foods. Remove foods from the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before you start to cook.
- Pre-heat over medium heat. Don't try to save time and preheat on high. It only takes a couple of minutes to preheat Calphalon cookware at the proper temperature to help prevent sticking.
- Try the butter test. Pre-heat pan on medium, then test by rubbing a teaspoon of butter over the inside of the pan. When the butter begins to bubble briskly, it’s properly preheated. If the butter begins to brown, the heat is too high. Carefully wipe the pan with a paper towel, lower the heat, wait a minute, and try the butter test again.
- Keep your cookware clean. Residue from previous cooking or aerosol cooking sprays is a common cause of sticking.
Top Customer Reviews
$99 is not a bad price for a tri-ply stock pot, but one can buy a disk-bottom pot of similar quality just about anywhere for half this price. I'd have to say this was a complete rip-off.
(Again, this is all speculation: I haven't drilled through the pot to take a "core sample" but it certainly looks like a steel pot with an aluminum bottom to the untrained eye.)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this to cook crab as we get large crab in the NW here. I love this stockpot!. It is the perfect size and works very well on my induction cooktop. Read morePublished 3 months ago by sammy
I bought this to replace a pot that my husband ruined by using a scotch pad to clean on the bottom. I will say, that you will find white stains on the inside bottom after it's... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Sherry Phelps
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.