Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker, 4-Quart
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 24 hour digital timer allows advance meal preparation.
- Automatically switches to Warm at the end of the cooking cycle.
- Cool-touch handles stay comfortable even with extended cooking times.
- Dishwasher safe crock and cover.
- Opti-Heat System features internal sensors that monitor temperature to ensure accuracy; ceramic crock for consistent, even heat distribution.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
-food seemed evenly cooked,
-the stay cool handles did actually stay cool (but i only cooked it for 7 hrs on low),
-cord wraps underneath crock pot,
-very chic digital white countdown display,
-shifts to warm,
-4 loud beeps when done,
-looks pretty on the counter,
- no plastic parts on the interior,
- lid and crock dishwasher safe,
- ceramic interior, not Teflon.
-only programmable in 30 minute increments,
-shifts to warm when completed but here's the catch, it only shifts to warm for 4 hours. It might not be a big deal breaker, but if you work 4-10s you might be in a pickle
-power cord 'snaps' into place, and i wonder if the prong will eventually crack, the plastic seems good for now, but i imagine the slow cooker will outlast the cord keeper.
- cord storage is a manual wrap, I was hoping for a retractable cord storage feature for $80 retail.
- can't store food in the crockpot (not a deal breaker to me, but it is to my mom).
Overall it looks REALLY sexy - but $80 is steep. If it wasn't a present I would have kept the programmable 4 qt i picked up from Kohls for $20, more simplified, but its $60 cheaper :-)
Very nice looking unit.
Digital display is bright and controls are easy to use.
The power cord stores underneath the appliance.
"Low" setting cooks a bit high. My test steel cut oats (cooked exactly to recipe directions) was scorched at edges of the crock where the elements heated it up. Not so in my old Rival 4 qt manual.
On my unit, the lid's stainless steel ring had a bump where it joined, so fit was loose. My test batch of oats were a little dryer than they should have been.
The unit had a large sticker touting its features and benefits just above the controls. The glue stayed on my unit when the sticker was removed. Took an enormous amount of time and effort to remove the glue residue -- even glu-gone wouldn't touch it.
The crock was very heavy -- much heavier than the crock on my Rival.
In sum, though the picture is nice, this was a disappointing product for me.
Totally pleased with the quality; easy to use; reliable; looks great.
You won't go wrong with the this produce and manufacturer.
I wanted a crock with a timer, because all the small crocks without a timer worry me when I'm at work. There *are* no crocks, to my knowledge, that are in the 1.5-2 quart range with a timer. Hamilton Beach only makes them with a timer at 5 or 6 quarts. So I thought I'd take my chances with this one.
I also heard that you can salvage crocks by putting them inside a larger crock, so I thought I'd get two crocks for the price of one by buying this one. A 4 quart crock, and I could also put my itty bitty crock inside it if I wanted a personal serving.
Well, it does fit. But that's about the only good thing.
- The seal at the top isn't very good. I miss my old large crock which had some kind of rubbery seal which really worked well. This is just metal on ceramic.
- It smells to high heaven. I'm not sure if it will fade in time or what. It has me worried about what could possibly be gassing and whether it's entering my food.
- The cord is super-short. The only place I could find to put it in my apartment where it would actually reach an outlet is on the floor, which is not ideal for cooking. Do I *really* want an extension cord in the kitchen?
- It seems quite slow to heat. Which is surprising because others say theirs heated really quickly. Maybe they vary a lot by unit.
It's okay I guess, and I do appreciate the relatively small footprint (I live in NYC!). However, I think it will have to go back. I'll just dig out my old massive Hamilton Beach from storage or even go back to the small kind without a timer.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Even cooking and It looks great on my kitchen counter. Glad I purchased it.Published 7 months ago by Carlos M Armas
Simple to use. Dish is deep and can cook meal for family of 6-10 easily. Works great.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
I've been using this slow cooker for several months now, and have really enjoyed it. Specifically, I love the timer and the options for high/low/warm.Published 12 months ago by smartypants
Bought this for my 90 yr old dad who retired in Brazil. Mailed it sucessfully and with an adapter it works great. He loves it. He rates it a 10!Published 13 months ago by JBT