Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 18, 2017
The Calphalon Knife Set I received at Christmas as a gift actually had two empty knife slots left after putting in all the knives that came with the block. This is kinda smart on Calphalon's part as no one wants a block that isn't completely full but I actually like it because I got to put in two knives to the set that could pick out. This was one of those knives and this knife is AWESOME! I would recommend to anyone. Don't be fulled as it is really sharp out of the box and is perfect for slicing through any bread/sandwich. For stories sake the other knife I got was a 4.5 inch parer knife because they are also awesome and used probably more than anything else in the set.
on March 9, 2018
Do you make sandwiches? If yes, then you should have one of these knives. Serrated edge can slice bread loaves but is killer for slicing a finished sandwich in half. Pressing straight down through the sandwich cuts the sandwich without it trying to fall apart on you. The broad round tip can be used to easily spread anything you want to spread on your bread. I give them for gifts and get thank yous every time I talk to those individuals.
on September 22, 2013
I have the 21 piece Calphalon Contemporary set, and bought this knife to add (there are a few extra slots). What a great knife! The tip can be used to spread condiments and the bottom is for cutting. My only regret is that the wood block does not have a slot big enough for it without taking one of the other knives out, but I like this knife so much I put the other one in the drawer. Beautiful to behold, feels great in the hand, and all of the Calphalon knives other than the steak knives have a stamped label on the end of the handle so you know which knife you are taking out of the block.
on January 21, 2018
Great for those large buns or bread jobs
because its serrated only 1 side has an edge
will nut cut straight unless you make an effort
great feel quality steel
on April 20, 2016
I wanted a sandwich knife for years, but couldn't justify having such a limited use tool. I pride myself on doing nearly everything with my chef's knife . Then in one weekend, I saw my son and then my wife, ruin sandwiches by crushing them . The only downside is, since I bought this knife, my sandwich consumption has tripled.
on April 4, 2013
Needed this piece to round out a starter set I purchased. Great quality cutlery that will last a lifetime. Blade hones to out of box condition every time. This is one of the most unique knives I have ever purchased. I have never seen it in a retail environment. It is perfect for sandwiches, slicing, dressing, cutting....all with the same knife versus using 2 types of blades to do the same job. Love this knife.....use it everyday to make sandwiches! Worth every penny for great quality.
4 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2018
Bought to help complete a knife set. These are great!! Set is almost complete now. Very sharp.
on February 14, 2018
Love this knife. Makes making sandwiches and other kitchen cutting sooo much easier.
on July 4, 2015
I really enjoy using this knife. Originally I was looking for a utility knife that could go into the mayonnaise jar and spread and cut the roll maybe even slice a tomato without turning it into pulp. This is it. I wouldn't use it to mince herbs or garlic, but it's a wonderful all around knife.
on February 21, 2017
Got this as a space filler for my knife block. Turns out this is quite handy, especially with kids that want no crust on their sandwiches. It is quite sharp.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question