Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Calumet Beginnings: Ancient Shorelines and Settlements at the South End of Lake Michigan
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on July 10, 2007
I went to a book signing when this book was first printed, a few years ago and purchased this directly from a store and had it signed by Ken Schoon. I have lent it to several family members, who swore they'd return it and I had to retrieve the book from their house. If you're from the NW Indiana, you'll be amazed at the detailed facts about the area and even specific landmarks that still exist today, like "Ridge Road" in Hobart, was the ridge of lake michigan, where the indians had a path. Stuff like that. I highly suggest this book.
on March 21, 2013
I grew up in and around the Calumet region, so I wanted to know more of the area's history and geology. This book doesn't disappoint in giving you the perspective of more than 10,000 years of history of one of the most interesting places in the Midwest.
on March 3, 2014
This book is everything and more than I expected with its colorful illustrations and indepth explanations of the Calumet area history.
Definitely recommended!
on September 17, 2014
Residents of NW Indiana should own this book. I can say this as a native of the area, and I have worked professionally with Dr. Schoon.
on June 4, 2016