Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 22, 2017
The kids LOVE the content, but the publishers should be ashamed. From the moment the book arrived and we opened the first page, the pages started falling out. Every time a page was turned it fell out. We are returning for a refund because I don't trust the other copies to be any better quality.
review image
on April 23, 2017
Great content! Calvin and Hobbes comics are enjoyable for whole family. However the book is cheaply made. After the second day, pages started falling out of the book. Now a few days later about 20 pages have come loose and have fallen out. Frustrated when you feel your money was spent on poor quality materials.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 13, 2014
If you don't enjoy Calvin & Hobbes you're dain brammaged!

Sunday comics haven't been the same since "Calvin & Hobbes" departed the scene. While the two main characters are a boy and his stuffed (?) tiger the social commentary and humor are across the board FUNNY! Watterson pokes fun at everything and everyone (especially parents and their urchins of Calvin's age).

No matter how bad your day has been... a smile and a chuckle are a page away in any Calvin & Hobbes anthology!
on December 18, 2012
I chose this book for my grandsons to read when they come to visit rather than watch a DVD or want to run their iPads, these comic books of Calvin and Hobbes are doing a fantastic job in this department. Even though my four grandsons have read and read these books, one of the first things that they have come to love to do is to grab the Calvin and Hobbes to read. Thus I try to keep them going with a new one being added to the stack and the old one move to the car for them to read while we are travel. I works like a charm.

I would recommend this books to all the young age and those young at heart. Even the young ones who can not read will want you to read to them.
on August 10, 2002
It is my feeling that Bill Watterson had enough integrity and ethics to prevent the syndicate from cranking out endless meaninglessly repetitive compilations. Of course, he did quit partly because he was becoming disgusted with many of the commercial aspects of his work. With most comics, even good ones, the collections get stale after a few. Watterson's collections dont. There are a dozen or so C&H compilations/collections, but you wont be dissapointed with owning the whole shebang, especially since Watterson frequently did a lot of extra work to ensure that each collection had something new to offer. Even without this extra stuff, Watterson's body of work is extensive enought to warrant owning all these collections. He was steadily cranking out great material for a decade or so, and if you are like me you will be reading some C&H weekly for as long as you are on this earth, so tons of books is not a bad thing. Basically, I wholeheartedly reccomend all the books. If you like one you will like them all. They only get better as you get to know the characters. Watterson never goes for the cheap laugh by having any of the comic's principals act out of character. As you progress through the years with C&H, and I do reccomend reading them in order, you will see how art progresses and grows when the artist is committed to excellent work. So, go get the first one, titled simply Calvin & Hobbes, and then start down the enjoyable road to making Calvin and his tiger a pleasant little chunk of your life.
on August 21, 2014
I really don't know why this wasn't in my collection. Maybe it was published when we made the move from Chicago to the Adirondacks. I love the insights that Watterson has into the trials and tribulations, the victories and defeats and the marvelous adventure of childhood. It addresses the question of what is real, what is not, and the possibility that all are real in parallel. This is high on my list of alternative reading for the classroom.
on February 11, 2017
If you like Calvin & Hobbes, this is a great book to pick up when you'd like to smile. Filled with full color Sunday strips with longer stories, it's still fun to read, even if you've seen the comics before.
on June 15, 2017
If you bought this and didn't give it 5-Stars, then you are odd. Who doesn't love Calvin & Hobbes?
on September 14, 2013
My sons loved reading Calvin and Hobbes. So did I. After the comic strip had ended, we purchased several of the books so that we could enjoy our favorite strips all over again.

Now I have a granddaughter who is old enough to enjoy Calvin and his antics. My son and his wife, and granddaughter, live more than 2,000 miles away from me. Reading Calvin and Hobbes is a way to bond across the miles. I order a copy of Calvin for her, and one for me. When we talk on the phone, we laugh together over our favorite strips.

Even though she is under ten, she enjoys the Calvin books, plus the strips make her think about actions and consequences, especially when she has to use her imagination to think about what happens after the last picture in the strip ends with Calvin ready to pounce. Young children can read for fun while pondering the deeper meanings.
on October 10, 2017
My 9 year child has been a Calvin and Hobbes fanatic for the past 1-2 years, and just can't get enough of these books. He loves them!