Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 27, 2014
I've tried many boxer briefs and this Modal is my favorite. Lightweight and exceptionally breathable (great for hotter weather), stretchy with medium snugness (not loose, not tight), and amazingly soft (much better than cotton), with a very comfortable microfiber waistband. I barely know that I'm wearing them, which to me is the best sign of a quality brief. I believe the secret is in the 92% modal fabric (a type of rayon that has some remarkable inherent qualities and advantages over other materials). Here are comparisons with other boxer briefs that I own:

vs. ExOfficio GiveNGo:
The ExOfficio has a slightly looser, less snug fit. It also had a big durability issue for me. Prior to washing (straight out of the box), I wore the ExOfficios in some regular jeans while doing some outdoor work, with lots of crouching. Because of the normal abrasion of the jeans on the briefs, the ExOfficio's mesh-like material frayed severely in multiple places. The Modal in comparison has a tighter woven, stronger, non-mesh fabric. Also, after a few washes, I've noticed that the ExOfficio has lost much of its initial softness.

vs. Calvin Klein Steel Micro:
The material is just as soft (maybe more so) as the Modal but a little heavier. It is more form fitting and snug and actually keeps things in place better than the Modal (which can have a slightly baggy appearance around the crotch). Very flattering smooth fit. Extremely comfortable and a little more durable as it is a bit thicker and more densely woven than the Modal (the fabric is also different -- a 89% nylon that Calvin Klein describes as a "steel microfiber"). Because of this though, it doesn't breathe as well. Another minor drawback is the big dramatic waistband, which can fold over easily accidentally because it is so wide. The Modal is noticeably cooler to wear in the warmer months (as is much more breathable), but the Steel Micro is my favorite brief for the colder months.

vs. Calvin Klein Micro (or "CK One Micro"):
This lightweight brief is more snug and form fitting than all other Calvin Klein models I've tried. It is quite comfortable and makes the Modal seems almost loose in comparison. They might be a tad too tight however. It's 89% nylon and soft but it's breathability is a bit less than the Modal. Also, after about a dozen washes, the fabric formed some minor pilling (little balls of fabric that stick to the brief) on the interior, mainly around the crotch area where the fabric is thicker.

vs. Calvin Klein Microfiber Stretch:
These polyester microfiber briefs have an odd feel, like compression shorts. The fabric is very different -- it's shiny, quite slippery, and feels strange next to normal jeans or shorts. They are cheaper, but in my opinion are best suited for athletic uses. Note that the Modal is just as lightweight and stretchy as these.

vs. Calvin Klein Cotton Stretch Boxer Brief (3-pack):
The softness on this brief doesn't remotely compare to the Modal. Despite being all cotton, they are surprisingly rough. They are also a tad heavy and constricting. They don't breathe that well. The "stretch" is also fairly pathetic; they are too tight and aren't nearly as forgiving as the Modal. Also, the waistband is awful -- it's on the tight side, and the fabric is extremely rough and irritating. They are much cheaper, but the Modal is on a whole different level of quality.

vs. any cheap 100% cotton boxer briefs (including Calvin Klein models):
Don't do it! They are cheap for a reason. Of the many that I've tried and owned, none are as soft as this Modal, plus cotton tends to be heavy and doesn't do well in warmer weather (once you start sweating, they don't dry out easily and then it feels like you are wearing a diaper). Also, if they aren't the stretchy kind, they tend to be excessively baggy in the crotch area (to accommodate different sizes). Spend the extra $ for a more flattering and comfortable fit.

vs. trunks, and the ride-up factor:
I recommend staying away from trunks, as their short length makes them prone to ride-up. The Modal has little to no ride-up, as is typical of most boxer briefs. Note that the Modal it is not super snug though, so the fabric can move around a *little* bit.

I've owned this Modal for a while and for the most part, they are still like new. If they become looser with time, it is slight; in fact, I have one that is two years old and another I just purchased, and it is hard to tell them apart. I wash mine in cold water and line dry because I'm extra careful, but that probably isn't necessary (warm water and low dryer heat should suffice). Remarkably, there are still as soft as ever and have retained their color and shape after countless washes (these are typical qualities of the modal fabric). There has never been any fraying or pilling. Durability is very good, though one of the five I own one did develop a 1/4" hole in the back (but hasn't grown over many months, so I still wear it). Though the fabric is strong, it IS thinner than many other briefs, so it can be vulnerable to tears relative to the heavier briefs.
128 people found this helpful
on July 22, 2016
I bought these specifically as an addition to ones I already own. I made sure to purchase ones that stated they were 92% modal/8% LYCRA elastane, because they have worked beautifully for me for the past couple of years. The description for these said that's what they are. Unfortunately, only the solid ones are 92/8. The striped ones are 65% modal/23% polyester/12% elastane. They do feel similar in touch, but I find they ride up on the leg just a bit. It's not enough that I am going to send them back, but I can't give 5 stars since they don't fit the same, and nowhere on the item description does it say that the striped ones have a different material breakdown than solid ones.
review image
21 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 20, 2016
I have experimented with many brands, cuts and fabrics and I have found these to be my favorite by far. Extremely soft and cool no matter the temperature outside. It's like wearing a cloud. I like the slightly longer leg since it doesn't bind. The sculpted front "pouch" gives support without feeling restricting. I really expected the soft modal fabric to not be long lasting, but thankfully I still have my original order intact and looking like new after 2 years! I just bought more on a special sale offer just to have a larger available cache. The secret to longevity, I believe, is washing in cold water on the delicate cycle and then drying on a low heat or delicate setting. Honestly, I can't recommend these highly enough for extreme comfort and surprising durability.
4 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2017
Honestly, every time I find myself in need of necessary sartorial amenities due to, say, decomposing socks, the average price of staple items has invariably increased far past the movement of the consumer price index. And with CK, you're paying an additional premium for the brand.

So: are these boxers worth the somewhat inflated cost? I find the fit true to packaging; the "modal" fabric blend soft just short of everyday-luxurious; and the wear oh-so-comfortable. I wear these exclusively on workout/sport days, which is perhaps the most ringing endorsement I can provide a boxer selection.

If your preferred color is at the bottom of the range of prices given, these are a no-brainer. I paid enough for my two pair that I will happily endorse the line as 5-stars if they outlive the half-life of my Old Navy and Banana Republic boxers.

TL;DR If these boxers maintain their shape and elasticity as I'm hoping (with line drying and cold wash only, of course), they are an incredibly cozy must-buy for active wear.
on September 19, 2016
Why did it take mens underwear manufacturers so long to come up with pouches? Have always been a boxers versus briefs guy because I couldn't stand my junk smashed up against the rest of me all day long... not that boxers don't have their own issues of bunching and riding up, etc. And I had tried boxer briefs as a compromise years ago, but they were at that time much more brief-like than boxer in fit and feel. That's finally been remedied with a little bit of extra fabric allotment and the formation of a pouch! Don't know who came up with it first, but thank you thank you thank you! So you take that, along with my being a CK underwear loyalist, and that I already knew that I liked the feel of their modal fabric because I wear their micro modal sleepwear, and you can see how I got to 5 stars and being ridiculously effusive about underwear. Yes it's pricey, but so worth it!
on July 29, 2017
First off, they feel absolutely amazing; nothing I've ever felt before when it comes to a pair of boxer briefs.

I'm ~140 Lbs with an athletic build, and I ordered a medium size. When I first put them on they felt amazing, and they looked like they seemed to fit. However...

As the day went on, these went from a snug fit to absolutely RIDING.

The leg two leg sleeves ended up RIDING after about 15 minutes of just casual walking around. I am constantly having to adjust these by pulling them down and they feel absolutely uncomfortable and unwearable. I'm not sure if I got the wrong size. I wear 30" waist jeans and dress pants, so I assumed a medium would be perfect for me, and I'm not sure if a large would be way too large.

The material is great , though. I was going to give it 2 stars, but because of the higher quality materials used, I gave it an extra one
on September 4, 2017
Bottom Line
- My waist measures @ 33 and a size large fits best. The fabric is super comfortable. These are the only boxer briefs I wear now.

Background
- I started with size medium and wore for a few months. Although technically they do fit, I found the crotch area would get uncomfortable at times throughout the day, especially at work. So, I tried size larger and it made all the difference.
- I actually measured them both. Size medium is appropriately 27 in and size large is approximately 30 in.
- I wore boxers for most of my adult life before I tried boxer briefs so the extra room works for me. After starting with Fruit of the Looms, I did some research and came across these. I read mixed reviews all from the fit is too large, too small, or just right. My advice is that if you buy your size from the size chart and it's not as comfortable as you prefer, go up one size.
2 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2014
These are the best boxer briefs I've ever owned. Actually, they're the best undergarments of any kind that I've ever owned. I bought a red (cabernet) pair and a navy blue (arctic night) pair. I got them in medium, which is my usual size, and they fit great. I wanted to treat myself to a nice comfy pair of underwear after my usual Hanes boxer briefs started wearing out again. I'd buy those in bulk. I decided to give these CK Modal briefs a try since they were rated highly online - despite the price tag, which can be a bit discouraging. I decided to make the purchase, and I'm so glad I did.

These are the most comfortable boxers I've had the pleasure of pulling up. The material feels so good. When it comes to color, my wife and I both like the red pair more than the navy blue. I was worried that they'd be tight based on the advertised pictures. I looked around online, and all the pictures of these boxer briefs make them look tight. I don't like tight. I suffocate easily down there. These look as tight on me as they do in the pictures, but they don't feel tight at all. They're incredibly comfortable and breathable.

The 2 downers are (1) price as I've already mentioned and (2) no easy access opening for the urinal. I think number 2 does result in a more comfortable design, but just not as practical for business time. Despite the 2 downers, I'm still giving this 5/5 stars since (as I may have already mentioned) it's THE most comfortable pair of anything I've ever worn. If you can part with the dollars and cents on the price tag, get these! You won't be disappointed. I can't comment on durability yet as it's only been 3 months.
2 people found this helpful
on June 26, 2014
These boxers from Calvin Klein score highly in the comfort department and are my go-to favourite. My previous favourite, CK Prostretch Boxer Brief is now relegated to second choice.

Feel: The feeling of the modal is very silky, feels good to the touch.
Fit: I tend to be a medium or large (around 34") depending on the cut. I am a large in the Prostretch but wear a medium in the CK Body as the material is more yielding and the elastic in the waistband is not as tight. This said, the support is excellent.
Function: I have been using these to exercise in and find they provide the support I need and the legs don't ride up as much as the Prostretch. The first pair has been holding up well. If they don't continue to hold up then I'll update the review accordingly in time.

I'd recommend these if you're after a silky smooth pair of boxers that work and feel as good as they look.
3 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2014
These are very nice boxer briefs made from an almost compression clothing-like material that feels silky smooth while also stretching easily. Unlike most compression clothing, this won't actually do much compressing and will instead easily stretch to clearly accommodate to the individual. The legs are a little longer than some, but not significantly so, and the waist only sits in the correct place if you have a muscular rear. In fact, if you don't have a rather muscular physique, I wouldn't recommend these since even the model in the pictures demonstrates an unfortunately high waist. The pouch expands easily and provides some unstretched space as well, helping with the constricting or compressing effect common to boxer briefs made of this type of material, but it was unfortunately implemented by running the seam directly up the center of the pouch. It would have been significantly nicer if they had followed the other standard Y-seam approach and separated the pouch completely from the normal construction. This doesn't affect functionality in any way, but it does affect appearance negatively, which is one of the only reasons I didn't give these 5 stars.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.