Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,361 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,470 reviews
on October 15, 2016
So I've recently migrated from the boxer brief world to the trunk world. And just as much switch from boxers to boxer briefs was life altering, so too has been the shift from boxer briefs to trunks. I'm never going back. For the purposes of finding out which trunks fit best, I ordered pairs of the Calvin Klein One Low Rise Trunk, the Calvin Klein Steel Micro Low Rise Trunk, the Calvin Klein Body Modal Trunk, and last but not least, the David Archy Micro Air Modal Low Rise Trunk. This review is a cross-comparison of all four types (for those who are comparing or who might find this useful, I ordered a medium size in all of them, and am 5'10 and about 150 with a 31 waist).

So what are my findings (of course, your opinion may differ). The most comfortable by far for every day use, were the modal underwear by Calvin Klein and David Archy. Though the Calvin Klein pair fit me slightly better, and seemed slightly more comfortable (and I mean slightly, on a 100 point scale, maybe a few percentage points), for all intents and purposes there wasn't much difference. Both pairs were extremely soft and form fitting against the legs, but had enough of a pouch to keep things in place, but not feel overly constricting. These pairs were perfect for everyday wear. Given that you can get 4 of the David Archy pairs for what it costs to get 1 of the Calvin Klein pairs, there's no comparison - David Archy Micro Modal Air Modal wins with no contest.

So what about the other pairs I tried? The Calvin Klein Steel pair was actually pretty great as well, but not best for everyday use. I found this pair to be much tighter generally - the fit around the waist was more restrictive, and the pouch was much less pronounced leading to a much tighter fit. That being said, if you have a night of vigorous dancing planned, this pair of underwear will be sure to keep everything securely in place (which I think is desirable in such scenarios), but you may not prefer such a tight hold. I should add that in terms of sheer aesthetics, this pair has the most... visually appealing look.

Lastly, the Calvin Klein One seemed a bit too constricting. More appropriate, perhaps, for someone who wants to wear trunks while exercising? The bands around the thighs were much tighter than the modal models, and thus were not nearly as comfortable for everyday use, but perhaps could be a better choice if you wanted to wear trunks while performing moderately athletic activities? Honestly I don't know, I wasn't a huge fan of those.
on July 3, 2015
While they sit a little higher on the thigh than I expected these are incredibly comfortable and I found in wearing them that the length doesn't bother me at all. I normally wouldn't have spent so much on a pair of underwear but as other reviews have stated: these feel amazing. After wearing the one I went and bought a second of a different color while they were still on sale. If they weren't so pricey I'd buy a bunch so I could wear them everyday of the week- but for now I'll have to have to survive with the two I have for special occasions.

A few reviews mention that these are potential fakes, honestly I've never bought Calvin Klein underwear before so I wouldn't know about the minor details but from what I can tell the pair I received look identical to the ones shown on the official website. They did arrive in plastic packaging instead of a box, but the quality of the product and the stitching are top notch. Also the seller seems to offer more colors than the official website, but the colors I got were listed on the sight they just had different names. The Mink and Oxygen I bought on Amazon were steel gray and light blue on Calvin Klein which makes more sense honestly. The oxygen on here looks more white but the blue tint shows up much more in reality. Having got them on sale for $14, even they end up not being genuine, I still feel their quality is worth that price.
on April 14, 2013
Comfortable in size "L". For reference, I'm 6'3", 190lbs, 34" + waist X 36 inseam.

Probably since I was 12, I've been a "boxers-man". Truth be told, for me, boxers still are the most comfortable, practical choice for day-long comfort... my cotton boxers manage to remain cool, dry and don't ride or bunch. With any cotton brief, swamp-butt will ensue within a couple hours. Most brief-style underwear, whether briefs, trunks, boxer briefs, etc. for me are generally unwearable. The portion for your "equipment" is never sized appropriately and usually result in it either being confined as if in some medieval torture device and/or being presented in the most ridiculous way, looking as though your hiding a grapefruit in your pants. Any underwear not allowing me to "dress down" and "dress right" will not be worn in public.

These modal trunks DO accommodate. The fabric is very soft and has lots of stretch, and unlike cotton, seems to protect my unmentionables from swamp-butt scenarios. They really make you feel and look sexy...my wife has been very complimentary and I don't think she's EVER commented on my boxers! I can understand the reviews concerning "too loose" or baggy, but I think this is what allows me to wear them comfortably. I bought size L, but would imagine anyone with a genuine 34 inch waist might be very comfortable in size M (most of my pants are mix of 34 and 36 inch waist...though I wouldn't be surprised if my 34's are really just 36's made by brands interested in making you feel like u are still a 34!). I've only worn / washed them about 5 times so far, so can't speak for the durability, but have no concerns. Fabric is still soft... no piling as some have mentioned. Since the soft fabric is really one of the key points of this product, I would be inclined to update this review if fabric starts to pill unreasonably soon. Not sure exactly what "unreasonably soon" will be, but I'll know it when I see it. I do use a front load washer (they only way to wash!!!!) so this should help keep piling at bay.

I will say I've also recently purchased the exofficio give-in-go boxer brief. Ultimately, the exofficio's are the practical choice; a bit more comfortable and quite a bit more accommodating, even though the fabric is no where near as soft as the modals. They certainly aren't as sexy as the CK's, though. This review was for the CK modal trunks...I purchased the CK modal boxer briefs at the same time. Still not sure which I prefer...ultimately, either will bunch up slightly, and, at the moment, I feel like the boxer briefs just have that much more material to bunch up, making them slightly less comfortable when they do. At the same time, however, I have noticed that the boxer briefs never allow me to "escape" down my right leg as the trunks sometimes do...so what's worse for day-long comfort, bunching or escaping? Either usually require a trip to the restroom or discreet maneuver to correct.

Boxers remain my most reasonable choice, but these CK's are one of the few non-boxers that I will regularly wear.
on November 22, 2015
There's a reason micro-modal underwear and undershirts have been exploding in popularity for a while now, and the Calvin Klein micro modal is one of the OG micro-modal underwears. It's super soft and comparing it to a super soft supima or bamboo cotton doesn't do it justice; it's simply on another level. It's super thin and breathable as well - this is the source of its only downfall, however. It is a little bit fragile and doesn't last as long as i'd like it to; typically, i keep underwear for 2 years, and this starts to get holes within a year being worm and washed about 3 times a month, which is unfortunate. Overall, I fully recommend it, although I think there are better value micro-modal underwear options out there; you're also paying for the brand, which i value.

Fit: 10/10 as expected; flexible and stretcheable enough to fit most body types comfortable. I'm 29-30 waist and 38 hip and a small fits well.
Cut: 10/10. Super flattering and definitely pretty sexy as far as mens underwear goes
Comfort: 8/10. Despite having an incredible softness, it does ride up a bit. But that's a problem for me on any pair of boxer briefs, so it's not a big deal.
Value: 6/10. Cheaper options out there, but I'm paying for the Calvin Klein on the band. David Archy is a great value, for example.
on December 21, 2014
How about so soft you feel naked? Like there's nothing between you and the world but a thin layer of gabardine? Like you're "out there" and loving every minute of it? You found it.

But make no mistake, if your boys need a house, these have got you covered. Literally. They cradle. They caress. Oh man, do they caress. They also fit as expected and hold up rather well over years of usage. I'm not a super terrific happy fan of the premium price, so I always wait until there's a sale (last price I paid was $16.95/pair) before I pick up a big load of them.

Bonus: They make your package look like an exceptionally well-dressed beanbag.
on March 1, 2015
Fits well BUT Falling apart right from the beginning though. For the high priced item and Kelvin Klein brand, I was expecting much more quality from this product.

Right after the first use, some of the fabric starts already to fall apart (see pictures), leaving lot of small lint all over me and the floor. Really disappointed. As it have been already worn, I don't want to return it. But will not buy again.
review image
on April 23, 2017
I love Calvin Klein underwear. They are comfortable and the fit is excellent with one caveat. I always order one size larger than I usually wear. I have a 34 inch waist, but order the large size or the 36 inch waist.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 1, 2015
My husband says for him the CK's are the only brand of underwear that don't ride up. Based on what other reviewers have said, I think body type could have something to do with it. He is tall with narrow hips and athletic build. Most underwear is annoying for him to wear because of riding up, but not CK. He loves the comfort, so I want to replace his other underwear over time (given the expense). Anyway, maybe this will help others evaluate whether these CK's will work for them. Added bonus: They do look great.
on May 18, 2016
I am new to Amazon Prime and so far I have had to return one order of Vacuum Cleaner bags since I ordered for the wrong model due to package labelling which is my error but it cost me over $7.00 in postage. So I'll probably buy my bags from a retail store in the future. I just received five Calvin Klein briefs and again I misread the ad and ended up paying over $27.00 per pair, whew! Stupid me! So my learning curve seems rather steep and expensive as opposed to be able to drop into Macy's and actually handle the package and see the pricing label. I don't think nearly $28.00 for a pair of men's shorts is reasonable but again it is my error for not being a careful reader of the prices. I believe I had a memory attachment to cotton briefs which came three to a bag. Now I do like the briefs and just tried on the first pair this morning so I'm splurging and keeping all five rather than returning the remaining four. Not cotton but I'll see how it goes.

I have only ordered DVD's so far and it would appear I need to be very careful in the future when reading the ads.
on January 9, 2015
Purchased 12 pairs of these in different colors. Packaging is very suspicious. Plastic bags with tape. No box or anything resembling Calvin Klein packaging. Stitching is already coming apart after 1 wash and wear. Buyer beware.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.