Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on November 28, 2015
I've had this colander for 3 years with occasional use. The paint on the bottom started peeling within the first year, and has gotten much worse so there are large flakey rusty areas now. The inside has started to bubble and flake as well, making it unusable. Before this, I had a plastic colander for 10 years, which I only stopped using when my husband used it as a garden tool. Since this was much more pricey, I'm not impressed with the durability or longevity. I would not buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
review imagereview image
on April 2, 2017
It was good. It is cute. A year later it was rusting through the paint around the seams and two years later the paint on the main piece is bubbling up and rusting.
review image
on March 17, 2016
After having used this colander for a year now we still like it quite a bit. Its size allows for a decent volume to be drained at a time.

The drain holes are a little on the larger side so losing a few peas here or maybe some small pasta shells there are a frequent occurrence, but the quantity lost is always very low, but still something to consider if you will be draining items/foods smaller than this.

The only other "gripe" I have about this colander is the fact that the base of it is completely solid all the way around which causes any drained liquid that comes from the sides instead of directly through the bottom to become trapped and collect around the base of the colander in our sink. If you have a large liquid to solid ratio, you may find yourself allowing the drained liquid from the sides to enter back into the colander if you are not paying attention. If the base had notches or holes cut into it, this would not be a problem.

Overall the colander is very functional and a good buy for us.
on October 24, 2014
As beautiful as this colander is, it's just not conducive to kitchen life. As decor or as a fruit bowl it may work just fine, but not if it gets anywhere near water. You can dry it off perfectly, but ultimately it will rust. The problem is the metal lip around the top. It holds water underneath and slowly leaks out and causes the colander to rust. The enamel coating (I should know this by now) also will not last. Mine started chipping, even though I hand washed it, within a couple of months. I haven't thrown it away yet because it is pretty, but I haven't used it in a while and it's only a matter of time before I toss it. If you're considering purchase it, I would honestly look elsewhere. A stainless steel or BPA free option would be much a better option.
on August 13, 2016
I purchased several of these colanders in November for myself and for friends because I thought they were a perfect size shape and color. Unfortunately, the enamel is starting to RUST so badly after less than one year of normal use, it makes it a throw away item! At $18 each, they were not cheap! Color me extremely disappointed in this product and this company.
on January 14, 2017
Very handsome. We got it to serve as a fruit holder. The holes allow air circulation and they are small enough that the fruit does not sag through them and bruise as it ripens. It looks great on our counter. The color is a very nice rich indigo. BTW, if you're wondering how the bowl will fit onto your counter, it's is 11" across the top (12.5" if you include the handles) and 6.5" high from bottom of the base to the rim.
on September 27, 2017
This colander is great. I have the big one (I think it's 7-quart) and it works wonderfully. Can easily drain many servings of pasta. Can easily rinse vegetables and fruits.

It's super sturdy. No worries at all about it not being able to hold whatever it is that you're rinsing or draining. I haven't tried but I have no doubt that it would easily hold an entire bag of say potatoes without any sort of damage. It's solidly built.

The hole are fairly large. This could be a good or bad thing depending on what it is that you want to drain/rinse. If you're doing small things, say rice or small beans, then this would be a terrible choice as they would easily fall out of the holes. If you're doing larger things then it's great and allows for fast drainage.

Overall it's a great item. It's very well made, heavy and solid. I would definitely buy it again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 20, 2017
I have had two of these. I do not recommend at all. The paint will bubble, peel, chip and flake and it will develop severe rust. It is not safe and not healthy to use by any means. Do yourself a favor and get a Raishi Stainless Steel Colander. No paint, rust or peeling, just plain stainless steel that is healthy and safe to use.
I had purchased this lovely colander in August of 2012. I could not resist the color, despite some rather negative reviews. I wish I made note of when the first signs of damage occurred but I did not. However, today, January 15, 2014, I decided it was time to look for a replacement. The first damage I noted was that the bottom of the base developed large patches of an orangy color which I attributed to rust. Today I could not help noticing a large amount of the covering peeling away in the center of the colander and so I decided it was time to replace it with a plastic one that would not rust. I paid just under $24 and I still figure it was worth it as the yellow color was very lovely in my stainless-steel sink. What I will purchase next is a large, plastic one of either purple or orange color which will look just as lovely but without the disadvantages of a metal structure. I gave it three stars because I rated it as average in performance and longevity, and still consider it a good purchase, even if it did not last as long as I had hoped it would.
on October 18, 2016
This item is very lightweight and does not appear to be very well made. When sitting the colander on my granite counter, it makes a hollow "tin" sound. My preview colander was 15 years old before the handle loosened to the point of needing to be replaced, I doubt this item will last that long. I could need see the brand on my old one, which is why I could not replace it for the same one. Aside from that, it will suffice, but I will keep an eye out for a better one I can find in person. I hope this helps.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.