Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 Black Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with your phone, tablet or computer... Minx Air isn't tied to a particular brand or type of device. It proudly features Apple's AirPlay wi-fi streaming, but unlike most AirPlay products, Minx Air also offers Bluetooth, a fantastic technology bu
- True Cambridge Audio sound, just smaller... You might expect your compact music system to fill your kitchen or bedroom but Minx Air100 can power living rooms too. Patented speaker technologies are combined with powerful digital amplifiers and process
- Amazing apps Apps for Apple or Android devices let you control volume, bass, and EQ settings to tailor Minx Air's sound for your room. Easy to set-up and use... Our Quickstart Setup Guide and free step-by-step videos ensure Minx Air is part of your
- If you're serious about music... you need Minx Air wireless speakers! Minx Air is a revolutionary wireless system that plays all your music wherever it is - smartphone, tablet or on your computer. The timeless black gloss finish will seamless blend i
- Beautiful design Created to fit into your home rather than take-over, Minx Air looks as good as it sounds. It's ultra rigid so even at top volume there's no distortion or vibration.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
If you're really serious about music, look no further than Minx Air 100. It's a revolutionary wireless system that plays all your music, wherever it is - smartphone, tablet or on your computer. Minx Air 100 combines Cambridge Audio's hi-fi expertise with the latest wireless streaming technology. So your smartphone can stay in your pocket, or you can keep using your tablet while your favorite songs fill the room. Minx Air 100 isn't tied to one brand or type of device. It features Apple's AirPlay plus Bluetooth so everyone can enjoy their music in really high quality. You might expect your compact music system to fill your kitchen or bedroom but Minx Air100 can power living rooms too. Patented speaker technologies are combined with powerful digital amplifiers and processing for class leading performance. At the touch of a button, enjoy your favorite stations in digital quality. Or discover new stations from around the world from our tried and tested selection of 20,000 stations. Apps for Apple or Android devices let you access the radio and control volume, bass, and EQ settings to tailor Minx Air's sound for your room.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Setup: I took the less convoluted route by engaging the WPS feature on my Comcast router and then depressing the WPS button on the Minx' rear panel. An Internet connection was established in 10-15 seconds. Super easy!
Connectivity: At first, the Minx would only maintain a wifi connection for about 30-45 minutes before `"stuttering" began and a restart sometimes became necessary. A small location adjustment to my router, however, has corrected the original issue. The Bluetooth connection produces excellent sound.
Sound Quality: The Minx 100 produces rich, vibrant sound either through Internet radio stations or the audio library from my or my wife's MacBook Pro. We have no complaints on this account. JazzRadio's Vibraphone channel, for instance, displays a wide range of instrumental arrangements that can put the Minx to the test at both low or high listening levels. So far, the best listening experiences range from Lady Gaga and Tony Bennet's superb rendition of "The Lady is a Tramp," "Wishing You Were Somehow Here" from "Phantom of the Opera," and the lush vocally nuanced sounds of Jane Monheidt, Aretha Franklin, or Andrea Boccelli. On the other hand, with artists like Amy Winehouse and Christina Aguilera ("Hurt," "Keeps Gettin' Better") with limited vocal ranges, the Minx seems to accentuate the music over the vocals, maybe to hide singers' shortcomings??
Bass: Very good. The dial on the back panel or on the Minx app makes adjustment easy.
Visual Appeal: Stylish without being over-the-top. The Minx fits easily on a bookshelf or a user's nightstand.
The App: The Minx app works about 10% of the time. Too bad...it's the weakest link in the Minx experience so far. You can adjust the bass and, of course, make preset selections as well as search from Internet radio stations. The work-around involves using Airplay first to connect to the Minx. Then the Minx app seems to lock in to the speaker every time. Cambridge assured me that an updated version of the software will be available soon.
Marriage made in audio heaven: Using the analog audio inputs on the Minx, I connected a Logitech UE satellite radio and the sound quality was amazingly clear and detailed. And...there were no worries about the signal disappearing. The Minx played for hours until the unit was turned off.
All things considered, I think the Minx has elegant sound and provides a very wide range of listening experiences.
The sound is great for a single speaker. I have a pair of Cambridge SX-50 bookshelf speakers and obviously it cannot compete with those, not even close. But for a space saving solution, for a bedroom let's say, this is not bad.
Now, here is the important bit: my unit makes a hissing/buzzing sound when idle. This is absolutely unacceptable for a quality speaker and I'll be returning it. Given that I have bought it from one of the third party resellers here on amazon that offer a substantially discounted price, I am suspicious that the unit I received was, how to put it, a hasty refurb (but it was advertised as new). Let's just say, check your unit thoroughly if you order from these guys.
I paid $120 for it, no remote, worth it at this price. Way over priced at the asking of $260.
The problem is the the app that controls its "Internet Radio" feature. It almost always has trouble connecting to the device, and when it does, it has trouble managing the presets. For each of the 10 presets, it's supposed to display an icon and a text description. It has great difficulty displaying the correct icons and descriptions. The problem mostly occurs on stations that provide either icon-only or text-only description. Usually either the icon is correct or the description, but not both.
A software update to fix this would make it a 5 star product in my opinion.
- Great looking speaker!
- Sound was decent, but I expected more from Cambridge, for some reason.
- Really like the option for using either Bluetooth or Wi-fi
- Having a sound adjustment knob on the back for the bass was a nice touch
- Can provide a surprising level of bass
- Has an iphone app
- Sound was just decent. For the price (and Cambridge Audio), I expected more body to the sound.